Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 473. (Read 1382189 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2015, 11:06:07 AM
wow 300 blocks is like 17% of all mines coins. what are you planing to do with so much siacoins?

Probably be a bag holder like the rest of my coins lol

Blocks would have been double plus had my internet not gone down. I think the load of this mining software crashed it. Very rarely do I crash internet.  Had to reboot the DSL modem and attached wireless routers, sux.

The miner has been reporting false blocks, no way did 300 blocks get mined with 95MH. My miner showed 4000 blocks at one point.

Edit: Oops, 350MH/s is what you had... maybe but I would not keep my fingers crossed that those are all legit. I have had 17 blocks actually rewarded with 72MH/s.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 08, 2015, 11:03:03 AM
wow 300 blocks is like 17% of all mines coins. what are you planing to do with so much siacoins?

Probably be a bag holder like the rest of my coins lol

Blocks would have been double plus had my internet not gone down. I think the load of this mining software crashed it. Very rarely do I crash internet.  Had to reboot the DSL modem and attached wireless routers, sux.

Activity: 326
June 08, 2015, 11:00:57 AM
What does block height in wallet represent? as it is different in each wallet. At first I  though it was the current block? but that number seems to match the number of blocks found on each rig?

block height is the length of the blockchain, it should be the same in all wallets if they are synced.
June 08, 2015, 10:59:21 AM
What does block height in wallet represent? as it is different in each wallet. At first I  though it was the current block? but that number seems to match the number of blocks found on each rig?
Activity: 326
June 08, 2015, 10:59:01 AM
Me and my crappy internet.

Went to bed with 4 mining rigs hashing and finding blocks. 350 MH. Sometime in the night around 3am I think the load crashed my internet. (all on wireless) Woke up and had to reboot. But appears up to that time I mined around 300 blocks. Just got them all back up and running. Only the later 3 rigs don't show the blocks as confirmed yet, possibly because internet went down?

My main rig I tested on shows 1,780.3 KS But had ran that rig much longer while testing. I lost 7 hours of mining SIA  Cry lol

One rig has found 6 blocks in the last 15 minutes, so all seems to back in order.

I am a little concerned as 2 miners, in the wallets do not show any peers? yet wallet says up to date? ok will see if those wallet get confirmed coins.

Still using original mining software..

June 08, 2015, 10:54:25 AM
Me and my crappy internet.

Went to bed with 4 mining rigs hashing and finding blocks. 350 MH. Sometime in the night around 3am I think the load crashed my internet. (all on wireless) Woke up and had to reboot. But appears up to that time I mined around 300 blocks. Just got them all back up and running. Only the later 3 rigs don't show the blocks as confirmed yet, possibly because internet went down?

My main rig I tested on shows 1,780.3 KS But had ran that rig much longer while testing. I lost 7 hours of mining SIA  Cry lol

One rig has found 6 blocks in the last 15 minutes, so all seems to back in order.

I am a little concerned as 2 miners, in the wallets do not show any peers? yet wallet says up to date? ok will see if those wallet get confirmed coins.

Still using original mining software..

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 08, 2015, 10:31:34 AM
Hey all! Great work so far on Sia! I'm working on a PoC using this platform and though I went through the thread I didn't see this question asked. Is there a way to verify that the miners running are pointed to the correct wallet address? The address in the siac status display does not match what displays in the Siacoin client.

PoC?

If you are mining, then the miner is pointed to the right address. Sia discourages address reuse, so your wallet actually generates a new, different address each time you ask for an address. All of them are stored by the wallet, so even if you can't see an address anymore you will receive coins sent to that address.

Proof of Concept. And thank you for the answer!
Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 08, 2015, 10:27:48 AM
Hey all! Great work so far on Sia! I'm working on a PoC using this platform and though I went through the thread I didn't see this question asked. Is there a way to verify that the miners running are pointed to the correct wallet address? The address in the siac status display does not match what displays in the Siacoin client.

PoC?

If you are mining, then the miner is pointed to the right address. Sia discourages address reuse, so your wallet actually generates a new, different address each time you ask for an address. All of them are stored by the wallet, so even if you can't see an address anymore you will receive coins sent to that address.
Activity: 4
June 08, 2015, 10:08:47 AM
June 08, 2015, 09:58:58 AM
Still getting this:

Code:
D:\Distrib\Siacoin\sia-gpu-miner-win64>sia_gpu-miner
failed to get Device IDs: -1

I also can't run it on Windows 10 x64 Insider Preview. "MSVCR120.dll is missing". I have installed Visual C++, MSVCR120.dll is present in system32. When I put it directly to miner's folder it closes with error 0xc000007b.

With the newly provided GPU miner link this is the exact issue I have also now. Windows 8 with Visual C++ installed.

Seems to me like you might now have a gpu, either that or your gpu does not support OpenCL.
Activity: 763
Merit: 500
June 08, 2015, 09:57:38 AM
I think need add this coin to any exchange. c-cex.com for exlample

Everyone can submit the request to those exchanges to ask them to add sicoin. The more people submit the better chance to get added. Let all of us do it. The below is the contact info for polo and bter and these two are likely add sicoin.
https://www.poloniex.com/coinRequest
https://bter.com/page/contacts
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2015, 09:32:57 AM
Still getting this:

Code:

I also can't run it on Windows 10 x64 Insider Preview. "MSVCR120.dll is missing". I have installed Visual C++, MSVCR120.dll is present in system32. When I put it directly to miner's folder it closes with error 0xc000007b.

With the newly provided GPU miner link this is the exact issue I have also now. Windows 8 with Visual C++ installed.
Activity: 597
Merit: 504
June 08, 2015, 09:30:30 AM
Come on there has to be a pool that is hoarding all the blocks. Give up the infos and share pay it forward it's good for the soul!
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
June 08, 2015, 09:28:24 AM
I think need add this coin to any exchange. c-cex.com for exlample
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
June 08, 2015, 09:26:20 AM
Still getting this:

Code:

But I was able to start mining on my home Win7 x64 PC (with one R9 290 by Gigabyte).  Roll Eyes I'm with you at 64 Mh/s.

BTW, it seems that 2 Siacoin wallets in one LAN can't work normally - second can't sync while first is running...
June 08, 2015, 09:22:12 AM
Can someone please help me, I am down to my last few hairs on my head.  I am really excited about this tech but I seem to be hitting roadblocks around every corner.  I have the daemon running on a windows machine cpu mining.  Working great so far.  However, my GPU machine is Linux and I am about to go postal.  Siad and Siac work fine but this cursed GPU miner just will not work.  I am running Ubuntu 14.04, curl 7.35, openssl, and a R9 x280 .  When I run the GPU miner I get...

Code:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by ./gpu-miner)

Siad is running and I have the gpu-miner and gpu-miner.cl in the same folder as the daemon.  So far google is not being my friend with this error either.  I also downloaded curl 7.42.1 and compiled from source with no luck.

On ubuntu you need the libcurl4-gnutls-dev package.

Hope that helps.

======
======

There's a chance that Sia's mining algorithm could be added to sgminer or cgminer. I'm not fully sure who to talk to, but there's a thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=826901.new#new and here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.3920

Getting Sia running on one of those miners would likely solve many of the bugs, and allow people to use the features they are familiar with. I am not sure what all goes into that.
Activity: 20
June 08, 2015, 08:47:49 AM
Can someone please help me, I am down to my last few hairs on my head.  I am really excited about this tech but I seem to be hitting roadblocks around every corner.  I have the daemon running on a windows machine cpu mining.  Working great so far.  However, my GPU machine is Linux and I am about to go postal.  Siad and Siac work fine but this cursed GPU miner just will not work.  I am running Ubuntu 14.04, curl 7.35, openssl, and a R9 x280 .  When I run the GPU miner I get...

Code:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by ./gpu-miner)

Siad is running and I have the gpu-miner and gpu-miner.cl in the same folder as the daemon.  So far google is not being my friend with this error either.  I also downloaded curl 7.42.1 and compiled from source with no luck.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 08, 2015, 08:34:38 AM
When the GPU miner will support multi-GPU sistems? My mining ring got 4 GPU, and working only one of them! Its very bad!

GPU miner is open source - feel free to optimize it the way you like

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner

Sia is new code and yet it released an open source GPU miner on launch - thats already rare for other coins (other than clones)

Also distribution wise its good to support 1 GPU only, so that farm owners dont have too much ahead of people using their common home computer

So in the end its even questionable to release a GPU miner supporting more GPUs
Activity: 564
Merit: 516
June 08, 2015, 08:33:09 AM
scammy coin. Release coin with specialized miner and dont explain how to use the (buggy) miner and (buggy) coin
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
June 08, 2015, 08:31:16 AM
for the wallet  conf needed ? what port?
Jump to: