Author

Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage - page 472. (Read 1382189 times)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501
June 08, 2015, 12:47:44 PM

{"State":"Off","Mining":false,"Threads":1,"RunningThreads":0,"HashRate":0,"BlocksPerWeek":0,"BlocksMined":1,"OrphansMined":0,"Address":"redacted"}

Why does it say Mining:false? The GPU miner is hashing at around 100 Mh/s and seems to have found 1 block.

Sorry that's a confusing bit of information. Mining:false is talking about the CPU miner, not the GPU miner. 'BlocksMined' talks about blocks mined by both the gpu miner and the cpu miner. 'BlocksMined' resets every time you restart Sia.

Blocks take 144 confirmations before you get the money. That usually takes 24 hours, but the early network is going faster (difficulty still needs to adjust - it's up 15x already but has more adjusting to do).

Check back at block height 2100 and see if you've got any coins.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
June 08, 2015, 12:40:53 PM
So as of now those 3 show block heights equal to blocks found, ok any suggestions then? lol

oh. Our bootstrap node was blocking multiple connections from the same IP. We fixed it, you should try running your nodes again.

Normal nodes only accept 1 peer per certain IP-address range, this prevents DoS attacks and network-isolation attacks. The boostrap node should not do this though.

We've reset the bootstrap node, you should try syncing again.
Ok, got 1 rig up to date, but after reinstalling wallet. But that may just have been perfect timing with changes at your end lol I will go out to my mining shed and see if those wallets are syncing.

THX for that tidbit of info  Wink

PS: I would have had 4 connections same IP  Huh
June 08, 2015, 12:29:36 PM
So as of now those 3 show block heights equal to blocks found, ok any suggestions then? lol

oh. Our bootstrap node was blocking multiple connections from the same IP. We fixed it, you should try running your nodes again.

Normal nodes only accept 1 peer per certain IP-address range, this prevents DoS attacks and network-isolation attacks. The boostrap node should not do this though.

We've reset the bootstrap node, you should try syncing again.
June 08, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
Ok, just reinstalled the same wallet on 1 rig, and finally it updated to correct block height.... so I guess ill have to do that on the other 2. Wonder why the first installs never updated blockchain? weird. So in reality it would seem I was mining and finding blocks but on what blockchain then? so many questions lol

Not sure what will become of the 210 blocks I showed found? oh well glad I have some that have confirmed in my first wallet.  Wink

Lets all keep wading through this mess lol, keeps it interesting I guess
Activity: 326
June 08, 2015, 12:28:46 PM
How do I find out if I mined some real blocks? My miner says 42 mined blocks. Should I just wait and see if anything confirms?  

checkout 127.0.0.1:9980/wallet
or 127.0.0.1:9980/wallet/status

while running the wallet

"Balance":0,"FullBalance":0,

So I guess no mined blocks?

guess so too

also checkout http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status
says how many blocks you mined

{"State":"Off","Mining":false,"Threads":1,"RunningThreads":0,"HashRate":0,"BlocksPerWeek":0,"BlocksMined":1,"OrphansMined":0,"Address":"redacted"}

Why does it say Mining:false? The GPU miner is hashing at around 100 Mh/s and seems to have found 1 block.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 08, 2015, 12:26:39 PM
How do I find out if I mined some real blocks? My miner says 42 mined blocks. Should I just wait and see if anything confirms? 

while running the wallet

guess so too

also checkout http://127.0.0.1:9980/miner/status
says how many blocks you mined
June 08, 2015, 12:21:42 PM

while running the wallet

June 08, 2015, 12:20:25 PM

while running the wallet
June 08, 2015, 12:14:31 PM
June 08, 2015, 12:09:48 PM
If I reinstall the wallet again, will it overwrite existing data files in appsdata folder or will it keep that existing data files OR is there a way to back up data files other then cut and paste them to a safe folder before reinstall. Trying to see if wallets sync up but don't want to loose what has been mined, if it really has? lol
June 08, 2015, 12:01:48 PM
sounds like you never downloaded the blockchain and simply started from 0 ^^

But after installing wallets I got the wallet up to date? and would it not update the blockchain on its own? I did install wallets quickly on other 3 rigs and as soon as they were up I started the miner.

June 08, 2015, 11:57:41 AM
was hashing with 350 MH that's the block count when I got up and looked at them. I have 1,792.3 confirmed KS in this wallet here. Not sure how many blocks that represents... I guess in coins that's 1792. x 1000 sia? still figuring this all out  Smiley

That's about 6 blocks.

I am trying to figure out why my other 3 rigs only are showing a block height equal to the amount of blocks mined as shown in the miner itself,,, can't be good. Is there any way we could have a fork in the block chain anywhere?

devs? is that possible?

Even with incorrect block heights showing I do show 2-3 peers, and on this rig, I do show 8 peers and have many confirmed coins... ok,,, lots to investigate

If you aren't properly connected to the network, you won't show the right number of blocks. The current block height is 1878. I strongly doubt that there is a fork, most likely you aren't connected to the network correctly.

Are you using version 0.3.3?

Yes 3.3 no CPU miner. but on the 3 rigs each is showing a block height that is different from the rest. and that block height matches the number of blocks found. EX: rig 2 shows 120 block height, miner shows 120 blocks found. 2 peers. all show up to date when I press update or reboot wallet. That's why I was worried about a possible fork?

sounds like you never downloaded the blockchain and simply started from 0 ^^

so far no fork - not even at early fast blocktimes
June 08, 2015, 11:53:06 AM
was hashing with 350 MH that's the block count when I got up and looked at them. I have 1,792.3 confirmed KS in this wallet here. Not sure how many blocks that represents... I guess in coins that's 1792. x 1000 sia? still figuring this all out  Smiley

That's about 6 blocks.

I am trying to figure out why my other 3 rigs only are showing a block height equal to the amount of blocks mined as shown in the miner itself,,, can't be good. Is there any way we could have a fork in the block chain anywhere?

devs? is that possible?

Even with incorrect block heights showing I do show 2-3 peers, and on this rig, I do show 8 peers and have many confirmed coins... ok,,, lots to investigate

If you aren't properly connected to the network, you won't show the right number of blocks. The current block height is 1878. I strongly doubt that there is a fork, most likely you aren't connected to the network correctly.

Yes 3.3 no CPU miner. but on the 3 rigs each is showing a block height that is different from the rest. and that block height matches the number of blocks found. EX: rig 2 shows 120 block height, miner shows 120 blocks found. 2 peers. all show up to date when I press update or reboot wallet. That's why I was worried about a possible fork?

FROM the wallet" SIA-UI version:0.3.0 b365
                          SIA version: 0.3.3

And this is what I have installed on all rigs. This rig seems correct block height now at 1888 and has confirmed coins.
June 08, 2015, 11:42:12 AM
was hashing with 350 MH that's the block count when I got up and looked at them. I have 1,792.3 confirmed KS in this wallet here. Not sure how many blocks that represents... I guess in coins that's 1792. x 1000 sia? still figuring this all out  Smiley

That's about 6 blocks.

devs? is that possible?

June 08, 2015, 11:32:04 AM

devs? is that possible?

June 08, 2015, 11:28:36 AM
wow 300 blocks is like 17% of all mines coins. what are you planing to do with so much siacoins?

Probably be a bag holder like the rest of my coins lol

Blocks would have been double plus had my internet not gone down. I think the load of this mining software crashed it. Very rarely do I crash internet.  Had to reboot the DSL modem and attached wireless routers, sux.

The miner has been reporting false blocks, no way did 300 blocks get mined with 95MH. My miner showed 4000 blocks at one point.

That is 6 blocks. My miner went down overnight too, the stability is lacking but I am glad to have something generated.

Yes 6x300,000? lol, anyways I hope there is more unconfirmed,,, going to try the check for unconfirms. Yes you just about have to babysit the rigs while mining lol... extremely unstable right now.
Activity: 124
June 08, 2015, 11:26:19 AM
I will try my hand at mining some SIA. I have a few AMD rigs. Any suggestions for mining this algo?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2015, 11:13:24 AM
wow 300 blocks is like 17% of all mines coins. what are you planing to do with so much siacoins?

Blocks would have been double plus had my internet not gone down. I think the load of this mining software crashed it. Very rarely do I crash internet.  Had to reboot the DSL modem and attached wireless routers, sux.

The miner has been reporting false blocks, no way did 300 blocks get mined with 95MH. My miner showed 4000 blocks at one point.

That is 6 blocks. My miner went down overnight too, the stability is lacking but I am glad to have something generated.
June 08, 2015, 11:10:18 AM

June 08, 2015, 11:07:22 AM
What does block height in wallet represent? as it is different in each wallet. At first I  though it was the current block? but that number seems to match the number of blocks found on each rig?

block height is the length of the blockchain, it should be the same in all wallets if they are synced.

That's what I thought, I may have a problem then. with the 3 newer wallet installs. But they all match my main ones version numbers and its up to date showing block 1849 right now? Why would they not sync I wonder, and they say up to date when I reopen them up, wallets... Hope I haven't mined on a wrong chain or something silly? This rig my main one shows the KS confirmed and block height seems correct.

Will follow up. I used the wallet from SIA.com last night for the other 3 rigs... hmmm got me wondering now?

THX
Jump to: