Author

Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS - page 121. (Read 332094 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Fibre Knight
OK, with this fine wallet now working without the error, I still don't get mintpal data. No big deal. What is more important is how I ensure the backup dat files are working. So basically, I can I create damage to my wallet now to test the restore of the coins before I place too many in there. Also, should something happen to my local PC and I do need to restore, what happens to my staking? Is that published on the network for a checkpoint restart or something? Sorry for all the noob questions. I hope this all helps in the refinements and at the very least, helping others that follow.

So there is no procedure for restoring the backup .dat file??
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
If the thing you call the eco-system is a decentralized twitter-like social network (f@ck censorship) and decentralized torrent tracker (thepiratebay analogue, with blockchain instead of server), which can only be disabled with internet itself, this is a unique feature. And brilliant.
Everything else... I can find a few thousand games out of the wallet. Anyone who needs exchange bots already have it. Walet window is too small to navigate through it on the exchanges, can i expand it?
Anonymity is good, but we will have dozens of forks with it in next few months. Eco-system is primary thing here.
We will see actual cost of SC in 2-3 months if devs will not leave it. Too good start to throw it into trash imo. For all who not sold and bought back (few times) it already.... my condolences. It can return to 500 satoshi or lower. Or fly to ISS, who knows?
Activity: 700
Merit: 250

Was looking at doing pay out for Silkcoin on Hash cows though am I better to accumulate others coins, sell on the exchange then maybe buy Silkcoin with it.
Can't work out the difference between the two.  Undecided

Any thoughts welcome.

Thanks.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Just got my first stake! Very excited for this coin. Much hype. Too strong.
Activity: 364
Fibre Knight
OK, with this fine wallet now working without the error, I still don't get mintpal data. No big deal. What is more important is how I ensure the backup dat files are working. So basically, I can I create damage to my wallet now to test the restore of the coins before I place too many in there. Also, should something happen to my local PC and I do need to restore, what happens to my staking? Is that published on the network for a checkpoint restart or something? Sorry for all the noob questions. I hope this all helps in the refinements and at the very least, helping others that follow.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
When is the OpenSSL going to be updated? There is a HUGE bug in this version. Please update asap.

https://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20140605.txt
Activity: 78
I can't seem to see the walking camel in the new wallet  Huh

is it still there?

If you just look one or two pages earlier you will find the answer. Anyways you need to encrypt you wallet! Silkcoin at 4k is really good. I'm sure it will hit 5k soon.
Fibre Knight
If you're having problems loading MintPal data download the fixed version http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1zil6kufvackie/silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.2-fix.zip it's not mandatory but it fixes a few glitches. I've updated the links with it. I took the time to compile it before going to bed so you may all fully enjoy the new features Smiley.

New Wallet is great!
Only one issue is the following error when starting the wallet, but the wallet still works:

Try the fixed one. It worked for me didn't gave any error at the startup.

Still gives the same error, i dont get it, because i have the VC++ redistributable installed on my PC

I get the same error with the new windows compiled version. Have the two dll's provided in that fix in the same dir, but not sure something is pathed correctly of if those two dll need to be placed in the system dir (I hope not)..

I found this... does this help?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/the-program-cant-start-because-msvcr110dll-is/f052d325-3af9-4ae5-990b-b080799724db

Alright, I am trying to be an average Joe here, so I will kind of go through the process. I hope the DEV can live vicariously through my trials here and think about what me need to be published for the average Joe trying to download a wallet on his or her PC so they can use The Silk...I will let you know if I crash my burner top lol

So answer is no dice. I had the distrib but went ahead and did a repair, shut the wallet down and reloaded with same dialouge so I will look in placing thos two   files in the system directory, I guess...

The two files for the wallet market page fix have to do with OpenSLL, whereas the error you're getting has to do with C++ libraries - so you do not need to move the wallet fixes anywhere, they stay right next to the qt executable and they're fine. Smiley

I suggest reverting to a previous version if you need to use your wallet, I'm sure the dev will deploy a solution for this promptly when he's conscious.

Yeah, what I would like to do is complete uninstall the wallet. I have multiple copies of the .dat, but yet fail to understand where one restores that after a new wallet installation, or if uninstalling the wallet actually removes that .dat file (where I imagine all the honey juice is stored). I have only a few coins there because I was waiting to get in trouble with the wallet and have backup and need to restore back to business. Once I go through this, I would then stake a lot more to the wallet --so DEV can sleep lol - I will do as you suggest.

I had a very similar issue, even though I was running win 7 x64, it kept giving me the error.  I finally decided to installed the x86 32 bit version on my computer and it worked.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8328

EDIT: Also had to copy these 2 files (msvcp100.dll, msvcr100.dll) from C:\Windows\System32 to the same folder as the silkcoin-qt.exe.  

A little tweak from what you suggested and bingo. Wanted the  (msvcp110.dll, msvcr110.dll) from C:\Windows\System32 to the same folder as the silkcoin-qt.exe. I appreciate your input here as this was driving me crypto! *I also installed the 32, but then went back to 64
Activity: 280
Just updated the wallet. Flawless. Nice work dev!
legendary
Activity: 1457
Merit: 1001
I can't seem to see the walking camel in the new wallet  Huh

is it still there?
Activity: 283
Merit: 118
ETH 0xA9E06eaDc901737326237490C94B253e9876D743
waiting for silkcoin's multipool Smiley

Huh POW is finish from 1 week .

Activity: 700

Anyone currently using Hash cow's at the moment.
Was pointing their for around 3 days with 4000 hash and got roughly 170 sc.

Really weighing up if it's worth the power consumption for this small amount.
Thoughts welcome...!

Thanks.
Activity: 40
Activity: 154
the price of sc is not very nice....

Still a new coin, lots of upwards growth potential from here as you can see it is not going under 3.4k sats which is nice
Activity: 67
the price of sc is not very nice....
Activity: 14
I wish Silk would start a country and I could be a citizen....
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 140
Probably most people don't want complete anonymity but I think they want privacy. Businesses do not want competitors to be able to view the details of their financial resources or transactions. On an individual basis, I don't want people nosing into my transactions although I have no objection to official and duly authorised agencies seeing whatever they want. Anonymity and privacy are not the same thing. But, yes, the current obsession has more to do with hype and profits than the wishes of ultimate users of any currency.
Amazing coin and devs. Keep it up.

You might be on to something there... it's all about what you name it. Words have meaning and impact.

So instead of doing anon, Silk could focus on privacy.

I might give this a good think, and see if I can come up with something.

I work in IT and have been for the past 15yrs (still young =p). Started as a dev and in management now but complex ideas and algo's still get me going.  Smiley
Activity: 295
Probably most people don't want complete anonymity but I think they want privacy. Businesses do not want competitors to be able to view the details of their financial resources or transactions. On an individual basis, I don't want people nosing into my transactions although I have no objection to official and duly authorised agencies seeing whatever they want. Anonymity and privacy are not the same thing. But, yes, the current obsession has more to do with hype and profits than the wishes of ultimate users of any currency.
Amazing coin and devs. Keep it up.
Jump to: