Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SmartPoker | SmartChips - New Development - page 4. (Read 7988 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
I am very interested with this project. I can be a beta tester when first versions of the gaming client come out.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
sha256d  no thank you  my god  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain
why your explorer is linked to isotope (XTP)?

Thanks for the question. Maybe we have not been clear enough in our thread so I can explain.

XTP was taken over by some scammers, and the smartpoker project was introduced. Sadly it was all bullshit.
But the idea in itself was very good, and something Kevin had wanted to work on for some time.
So when this situation presented itself he got the extra push he needed to start.

The scammers did not bother to build a new explorer, and it may seem bad that we have not done it either.
But the XTP one works very well, and it would be foolish to use money and time on that right away when it is not needed.
However, I will try to get a friend of mine to build one. As it would be nice to have a backup anyways.

yeah bud i deleted my post bcoz directly i clicked on explorer link and later realized the story behind XTP. apologies for that and thanks for explaining it Wink
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Blockpoker Team | Kenneth | Designer
why your explorer is linked to isotope (XTP)?

Thanks for the question. Maybe we have not been clear enough in our thread so I can explain.

XTP was taken over by some scammers, and the smartpoker project was introduced. Sadly it was all bullshit.
But the idea in itself was very good, and something Kevin had wanted to work on for some time.
So when this situation presented itself he got the extra push he needed to start.

The scammers did not bother to build a new explorer, and it may seem bad that we have not done it either.
But the XTP one works very well, and it would be foolish to use money and time on that right away when it is not needed.
However, I will try to get a friend of mine to build one. As it would be nice to have a backup anyways.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
First of, I have to apologize for no communication the last week. Something personal came up, and I had very little time on the computer.
But now it's out of the way and as far as I know, I have very much time to work the rest of year, at least.
I have used time this week tho, but it has all gone to planning this huge project. Tomorrow I am ready to start, and I can't wait.

What I did realize is I am a developer, I am very bad at being active with the community and getting people to take interest in it really.
Therefore I am very happy that Kenneth has joined me on all of this. He will be the community manager and take care of everything with this project excluding the development.
He made this announcment, which is a hundred times better then the quick one I throwed up (and images show on his account). I hope this can make things easier for people to understand what has happened around Smartpoker.

I also had a very nice guy contact me and told me he was working on a new wallet for Smartchips so we can get the logo in.
Not sure how far he has come, but I'll give him a few days before I ask and potentially just build one myself. Not really sure how important you guys see this and if I should prioritize it or not.

-Kevin
Developer
Hello!!

Let me introduce myself. My name is Kenneth, and I come from Canada.
I find cryptocurrency very interesting and have been involved in this scene for a good time now.
Coding is not my field, that's obviously Kevin's position. But I will be helping him out as good as possible with this project.

Some designing, website, marketing and etc.. That's basically what I can offer, and A LOT of time.
My job will be to build up a community around this project, get people interested and maybe get more people to help out Kevin.

You guys will be hearing much more from me.
And maybe we should create a Slack? Not sure if there is interest enough yet, but if you want please PM me a email address and I'll create one if there is enough interest.

First thing I'll do today is contact C-Cex and see if we can get the ticker changed to "CHIPS".

I would encourage people to stay updated on this project. I just got to know Kevin a few days ago, but my opionion is that this guys will give his all to this project.
And that's something you unfortunatly see very little of here in the altscene.

- Kenneth
Community Manager
The smartchips project was successful. Blockpoker & BP came from it.
Please check out the announcment.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbp-blockpoker-first-poker-service-built-on-blockchain-technology-1286883

This project was unfortunately "started" by a scam team, which was only built on lies.

"The situation is sad, however, the idea is very interesting and something I have always wanted to try and build.
That's why I have taken over this project and will over the next months try to build what was promised the investors.
I am not giving any guarantees and can not give any dates. What I can give however is my 100%, and that's what I will do."
- Kevin

"I was very glad when I saw Kevin wanted to take over this project. As this project is something I can actually see a future in.
I felt it was my duty to help out with what I can. Which is design, marketing and some experience with managing a community.
That's why I wanted to help Kevin with taking the job as community manager. We had a couple good talks on Skype and came to an agreement,
so I am now the official community manager of this project."
- Kenneth

Old ANN | Takeover Message From Kevin

Kevin                                      Kenneth
        Developer                             Community Manager
  USA                                        Canada

To build a poker client based on blockchain technology. Making it more secure and way cheaper to use than any other centralized poker clients out there.
Around 95% of poker players end up losing money when playign poker online, and yes, a big reason is because there is some really good and calm players out there that take much of the profit.
However, the biggest reason is the enourmous fee (rake) that these centralized services take. You as the player need to win with big percent over time to go in the green.
Therefore I believe (or no, I know) that this product will be a huge success if I am able to build it and that it works 100% as it should.

But, I am in the very early stage of development and can not promise that I will accomplish this succesfully. I respect the people in here to much to give out a false promise.

To build a own currency around the poker client, but also let people use Bitcoin.
If I was to start this from scratch, the chances of me even using a own currency is low. However, considering the situation it is obvious that I need to do so.
Not that big of deal really, it comes with some advantages as well as disadvantages.
What I do enjoy is the community it creates and the possibility to reward those that help me out and believes in me.

This is the end goal, or something like it. When I get to that point, community will be involved when deciding different options.

Currency name: Smartchips
Currency symbol: Chips
Algo: sha256d
Total coins in PoW: 130000 SC
Total coins in DPOS: 280000 SC circa
Coins for Initial Boost Crowdfunding: 1 Million
Total coins after IBC + PoW + PoS: 1826000 SC (circa)
Confirmations for block maturity: 100
Block time: 60 seconds
Confirmations for TX: 4
RPC port: 25391
P2P port: 29398
Minimum stake age: 4 hours
From old XTP thread.

Nodes:

Pages:
Jump to: