Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 142. (Read 257518 times)

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
The rising fees are interesting, but I think it would create a bit too much bloat. A flat percentage would be much more efficient

Looking into some options. If we do change anything, though, it will increase fees, no matter what change is made. Are you sure that's what you guys want?

No way around the bloating eh?
Due to the snowball hardware limitations?

Well blockchain bloat isn't good for desktops, either. It slows down syncing, increases storage needed, among other issues that affect true optimization

Records for every address sending history would have to be tracked. That's a massive amount of data
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
The rising fees are interesting, but I think it would create a bit too much bloat. A flat percentage would be much more efficient

Looking into some options. If we do change anything, though, it will increase fees, no matter what change is made. Are you sure that's what you guys want?

No way around the bloating eh?
Due to the snowball hardware limitations?
legendary
I believe the multipool goes up tonight!
Should be much better than the last one.
We also have a very experienced and friendly dev, I am sure he will thoroughly look into the ideas the community are throwing around.

We have picked up a considerable market cap and following and we have yet to get any twitter hype or action on bittrex.
Everyone is busy fooling around in dark uptrend and chasing recently released shitcoin pump and dumps.

I say, we as a community need to step up and promote this coin on twitter. I have been tweeting cryptsy regarding balls being listed there.

I hope all of you take the time to follow @snowballscoin and retweet their tweets/ tweet some of your own.

Bter would also be a great addition.
legendary
Looks like people are dumping as soon as they stake.Between that and trading bots fighting it out all day the price will not rise but keep falling I feel.Something needs to be put in place to encourage people to hold.I thought the high PoS % would but people are just to impaitent or just out to make a quick dollar.So many people can't see the bigger picture when it comes to these PoS coins.

If you are staking and price falls less than 14% daily, you are still making more in the end
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Looks like people are dumping as soon as they stake.Between that and trading bots fighting it out all day the price will not rise but keep falling I feel.Something needs to be put in place to encourage people to hold.I thought the high PoS % would but people are just to impaitent or just out to make a quick dollar.So many people can't see the bigger picture when it comes to these PoS coins.
legendary

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Is it normal for the wallet to only connect to 8 nodes only or is there a need for additional nodes added via conf file?

Hello guys, i think that we have to find a solution for the 5000% PoS, the anti-inflation system isnt working. I have some ideias:

A) Set a max staking amount, and instead of the split the amount after staking (i dont know if this is possible but do the oposite set the original amout + the generated amount together). so ppl would have to split coins and pay the fee, or if they were staking that max amount the next stake would be exactly the same.

B) After X blocks reduce the coins by % this would force people to be forced to stake coins, after all this is a high staking % coin.

C) insted of the 6.4 BALLS per transaction set it to % like staking is 13% do a transaction fee ie: 3% of amount that would make it go 10% but people wouldnt like to move the coins...

im out of ideias.

Changing the set transaction fee to a percentage transaction fee sounds fair, depending the amount of coins are being transacted.

Is it possible to increase tx fees by a % say every transaction you make? 1st is standard and 2nd increases by set %? Which resets after 30days of the first transaction or something?
Ooooh.  That's a nice idea.  That encourages people holding as well as burning some BALLS. That's pretty brilliant.

Ty, I think if it's possible, it would entice people into holding along with adding another variable for traders/investors to play with.
yeah that would be nice like a cap status Tongue maybe its possible, you just have to follow the chain to a certain date.
I have another ideia,

we got a faucet, we got a dice game, why not a bux site? sometime ago i saw a ptc site that payed in a crypto currency (SHAcoin) http://www.shabux.com advertisers pay SHA, users get SHA. there is some market, the referals market for ie.

we need to create something to move BALLS, make people transact BALLS and pay the transaction fee...

just a thought. Smiley
legendary
Is it normal for the wallet to only connect to 8 nodes only or is there a need for additional nodes added via conf file?

Hello guys, i think that we have to find a solution for the 5000% PoS, the anti-inflation system isnt working. I have some ideias:

A) Set a max staking amount, and instead of the split the amount after staking (i dont know if this is possible but do the oposite set the original amout + the generated amount together). so ppl would have to split coins and pay the fee, or if they were staking that max amount the next stake would be exactly the same.

B) After X blocks reduce the coins by % this would force people to be forced to stake coins, after all this is a high staking % coin.

C) insted of the 6.4 BALLS per transaction set it to % like staking is 13% do a transaction fee ie: 3% of amount that would make it go 10% but people wouldnt like to move the coins...

im out of ideias.

Changing the set transaction fee to a percentage transaction fee sounds fair, depending the amount of coins are being transacted.

Is it possible to increase tx fees by a % say every transaction you make? 1st is standard and 2nd increases by set %? Which resets after 30days of the first transaction or something?
Ooooh.  That's a nice idea.  That encourages people holding as well as burning some BALLS. That's pretty brilliant.

Ty, I think if it's possible, it would entice people into holding along with adding another variable for traders/investors to play with.
legendary
Fees are not currently based on amount sent. I will look into some options, but fees (right now) are calculated on the size, not amount, of the sent coins
legendary

im out of ideias.

I hope these ideas don't come simply because of the dumps the last two days.
The coin is already quite well coded.. I suggest you look beyond the cover of this book to really understand it's value.

I can't read so fast (in englisch). Can you give a summary?

No need just ignore what i wrote.
My english is far from being perfect, but i am a supporter of the coin i am just trying to help, but having people like you making of others, really makes me re-think what i am doing here.
Activity: 157
Why not?
The coin is already quite well coded.. I suggest you look beyond the cover of this book to really understand it's value.

I can't read so fast (in englisch). Can you give a summary?
legendary
Fees are calculated by size, not amount
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

im out of ideias.

legendary

im out of ideias.
legendary
Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007
how about a "snowball fight" game. you can throw snowballs at.. something? this burns them? just wanted to say snowball fight.
Activity: 157
Why not?
I suggest capping it on new year's eve, or even better, decrease over time of POS %.

That would lower incentive to hold and cause massive dumps

One more time and the last I promise. I just want to tell i've got a idea once.

Maybe create a Super Snowball 10000% pos (avalanche-coin) witch can be bought by burning 100000 Balls, simular to dogeparty. Helps degreasing the inflation and makes demand bigger.

I like the idea of burning coins and encouraging ways for it to happen more often. But if I do another coin, people will just say BALLS is dead, dev moved on, just like they are saying about Maieuticoin right now (which we have very much not forgotten about)

I do like having other ways like this for coins to be destroyed, though, other than just through fees

Thanks. So I have to think again  Wink
legendary
I suggest capping it on new year's eve, or even better, decrease over time of POS %.

That would lower incentive to hold and cause massive dumps

One more time and the last I promise. I just want to tell i've got a idea once.

Maybe create a Super Snowball 10000% pos (avalanche-coin) witch can be bought by burning 100000 Balls, simular to dogeparty. Helps degreasing the inflation and makes demand bigger.

I like the idea of burning coins and encouraging ways for it to happen more often. But if I do another coin, people will just say BALLS is dead, dev moved on, just like they are saying about Maieuticoin right now (which we have very much not forgotten about)

I do like having other ways like this for coins to be destroyed, though, other than just through fees
Jump to: