Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 137. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
interesting concept
bittrex was looking at adding this coin?

How long time I need to leave my wallet open for daily staking ?

24 hours

We've been on Bittrex for like a week

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BALLS
oh, thanks guy !

legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
interesting concept

24 hours

We've been on Bittrex for like a week

https://www.bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BALLS
interesting concept

interesting concept
legendary
Activity: 1050
Love the variables associated with high pos.
When lots of people panic and sell the true supporters benefit by increasing their holdings due to the decreased amount of coins staking.

If the network is only increasing by 8%, you're receiving close to double that daily.
Quite the incentive if you ask me.

Takes a real man, not to play with his balls.
legendary
Just si i understand correct.

Every time we add new coins to the wallet the stake time resets itself back to square one? Say I buy coins and send them to my wallet, the 24 hour stake time resets to the point they enter the wallet?

If so next question.

Wouldn't the daily payouts from the multipool reset the stake time? And if so then we would never stake.

The reason I ask is I had stakes showing in my wallet within 4 hours. I sent some Balls from BitTrex then the wallet stake went away. I hover over it and it says "Not staking because I don't have mature coins."

Sending coins TO your wallet has NO EFFECT on the other coins in your wallet...
Only the new coins have to wait 24 hrs to begin staking.

On the other hand, sending coins FROM your wallet can affect various blocks... and slow down staking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, is the money supply growth slowing down by some mechanism?
I'm showing a 20% slowdown in the last 3 days (from 10%/day to 8%/day).

Is inflation control happening... or is this random?

Balls are exchanging hands as weak hands dump their coins. This causes way less coins to stake on the network for that 24-48hr time period they sit on an exchange.

Correct. The more that are on exchange, the less being produced from staking
legendary

Every time we add new coins to the wallet the stake time resets itself back to square one? Say I buy coins and send them to my wallet, the 24 hour stake time resets to the point they enter the wallet?

If so next question.

Wouldn't the daily payouts from the multipool reset the stake time? And if so then we would never stake.

The reason I ask is I had stakes showing in my wallet within 4 hours. I sent some Balls from BitTrex then the wallet stake went away. I hover over it and it says "Not staking because I don't have mature coins."

On the other hand, sending coins FROM your wallet can affect various blocks... and slow down staking.

Balls are exchanging hands as weak hands dump their coins. This causes way less coins to stake on the network for that 24-48hr time period they sit on an exchange.
legendary
few coins for sale, price can go back to 10k SAT  with less than 3 BTC

I'm just staking away while BTC goes crazy. Good day today
Activity: 407
Merit: 254

...from your keyboard to god's joystick...
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
legendary

No problem. Those transactions still count towards the total, even though they don't actually go through
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
StakeChain Community leader
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
dev seems very active. this coin can go far. i propose to people to buy more now that the price is low.
legendary
Just so you guys know, we are working on changing fees to a flat percentage of the amount of coins spent, rather than calculating fees based on byte size. If successful, it will use higher fees and require a hard fork. No promises, though

What percentages are you guys throwing around? Just curious  Wink

Higher than the daily stake. This way it encourages staking for at least one day to offset fees. If this were PoW it would be easy, but no promises on this change even happening at all; being PoS makes it a little more difficult
legendary
How is this possible?
I have BALLS wallet running on two PC's
The number for transactions is different.
The #434 transactions on virtual PC XP-mode 24/7 on.

And #386 is from W7 PC not always on.

Is this a problem?

Orphans on one pc. No problem
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
Just so everyone knows.  I am working on the MP payouts now, and should have them sent in the next couple of hours.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
only 4500 sat in polo, I Will buy more soon
legendary
Activity: 1007

If so next question.

Doesn't reset stake time when you send coins to the wallet.

People you need to learn how PoS works.. I hear some outlandish shit lately.

I understand completely how staking works.

Still doesn't answer my question why I went from 4 hours expected to no mature coins and now 2 days till staking, which I know will decrease as time passes so not a full 2 days.

Don't answer if you can't help with the specific question, it does no one good.

I think he answered your question.  The answer was No, sending coins to the wallet does not reset the stake time.  

because the answer was No the second question doesn't apply.  

So your reasoning is somehow not correct.  I have yet to see a POS coin with a good estimator for staking time.  Take it with a grain of salt.    
legendary
Activity: 1588

If so next question.

legendary

If so next question.

Doesn't reset stake time when you send coins to the wallet.

People you need to learn how PoS works.. I hear some outlandish shit lately.

I understand completely how staking works.

Still doesn't answer my question why I went from 4 hours expected to no mature coins and now 2 days till staking, which I know will decrease as time passes so not a full 2 days.

Don't answer if you can't help with the specific question, it does no one good.

Good luck.
Jump to: