Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 128. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

The days of launching a coin based on a bullshit real-world use that doesn't actually justify the existence of the coin are long over.

You need tech. These days, just the bullshittiness of an ANN, like this one, means the devs have nothing in mind and couldn't deliver even if they did.

This one is dead within a month.

Dead within a month? haha if you say so!

They say the same thing for shift and exp.

Read my back posts. My accuracy is about 100%.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

The days of launching a coin based on a bullshit real-world use that doesn't actually justify the existence of the coin are long over.

You need tech. These days, just the bullshittiness of an ANN, like this one, means the devs have nothing in mind and couldn't deliver even if they did.

They say the same thing for shift and exp.
Activity: 154
Merit: 104

Activity: 354
Merit: 252

Launch in 8 days and no premine
Soil to the moon Smiley

Yes man but not to quickly that is not good.

Yes hopefully this coin has a bright future
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Soil to the moon Smiley

Yes man but not to quickly that is not good.
Soil to the moon Smiley
Activity: 241
Merit: 250
Community, we're not too far away from the launch.

We would like to have a couple of things ready on launch day.

A faucet is one of these "things".

It would be nice, if you guys could test it.
You should recive 1 SOIL (Test-Net).

http://108.61.188.18

Thanks!

Faucet works fine was 1 soil to test Wallet  http://prntscr.com/8paab8
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
SOILteam
Community, we're not too far away from the launch.

We would like to have a couple of things ready on launch day.

A faucet is one of these "things".

It would be nice, if you guys could test it.
You should recive 1 SOIL (Test-Net).

http://108.61.188.18

Thanks!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
From Russia with love
Getting excited for the launch! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Hey dev, you didn't replied me yet. Are you interested by a French translation of the OP ?

assurément. (smiles) that would be wonderful.

Ok, I will do this translation tomorrow and I will post the link to the translated thread here  Wink !
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
What is dagger algo plz?

Dagger is a  "memory-hard...

(snip)

abvhiael  thank you for that great explanation. So it is a brand new algorithm then. That's great.  Smiley

brand new implies it is completely new, just being introduced. Which dagger is not.
It's relatively new though, introduced with Ethereum's mining start.
It's so far used by Ethereum, Shift, Expanse and Soil (last still in test phase)
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Activity: 164
abvhiael You are like wikipedia  Grin
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
What is dagger algo plz?

Dagger is a  "memory-hard to compute, memory-easy to verify" Scrypt alternative algorithm.  "memory  hardness" is a property of PoW functions that assumes that valid proof of work should require not only a large number of computations, but also a large amount of memory. he reson WHY memory hardness is important is to make the PoW function "resistant" to specialized hardware, what is considered ASIC-resistant. That doesnt mean its ASIC-"PROOF" just that it makes setting up a mining rig against the network is much less cost-effective.

With the advent of ASIC mining rigs, which are designed for the sole purpose of computing the billions of SHA256 hashes required to mine a block of Bitcoin, with greater efficiency and less KW/H, it has become nearly impossible for ordinary users with normal GPU and CPU hardware to compete for mining block rewards. The presence of ASICs has removed the "democratic distribution" of mining, meaning there is a further cetralization of mining power in the hands of fewer and fewer individuals.

This can lead to the "51% attack" where one cabal which has control of the simple majority of the hashing percentage devoted to the verification of a blockchain can essentially hijack the blockchain. This means that a pool of miners with ASICSs can obtain a majority of network power, potentially enabling massive double spending attacks and preventing transaction confirmations, holding the blockchain hostage. "Memory hardness" is designed to alleviate this problem by making the main limiting factor in hash computations MEMORY and not CPU power.

Naturally, with GPU mining of dagger hashimoto algorithm coins, mining rigs created of several high powered graphics cards again tilts the balance of power away from the average home based computer with generic CPU and GPU capabilities, but not by as steep a factor as ASIC mining has pushed out BTC miners at home. Theres still room for improvement in the algorithms, as you can find miners at several pools who are contributing massive amounts of computational power towards solving blocks of Ethereum, another Dagger-based currency.

For example, at suprnova, a single user, anonymous of course, is processing 11,223,958 KH/s (11.2GH/s) towards the ETH network via the pool, mining 550+ ETH a day, which has a value of nearly 1.5BTC ($400USD) every single day. This is accomplished by linking together MANY multiples of expensive graphics cards. Its a lot more expensive to set up than a SHA256-dedicated ASIC mining rig, both in hardware costs and in electrical consumptin, but it IS effective. And it is a factor towards mining centralization, but nearly as much so as what BTC faces with massive ASIC-farms. When you consider that approximately 7200 ETH are mined a day (given a 60second block time), the megaminer at suprnova is only generating about 7.6% of the daily Ethereum.

A single 25MH/s producing video card (like the Radeon R9 series) can likely mine .6 ETH/day on a mining pool. Not as great a profit, but a better volume than BTC mining allows nowadays. So even though its not as intrinsically democratically distributed as was envisioned, every person mining on the daggr algorithm specific currencies has a better chance of solving a block for its reward, or for gathering a somewhat substantial rate of return in mining on a pool.

So.. dagger works like this: the  Dagger algorithm creates a directed acyclic graph (the DAG you notice setting up the first time you start mining using geth ((or in our case gsoil)) and which updates every epoch [which i believe is every 200,000 blocks] and can take several minutes to generate) DAG is the technical term for a datatree in which each "node" is allowed to have multiple "parents", with ten levels of data including the root and a total of 2 to the power of 25 - 1 values. This equates to a total DAG size of about 512MB, as each memory unit is a 32-byte hash.

In levels 1 thru 8 of this data tree, the value of each node depends on three separate nodes in the level above it, and the number of nodes in each level is eight times larger than in the previous level of data. When you reach level 9 of the data tree, the value of each node depends on 16 of its parents in the level above it, but the level itself is only twice as large as the previous.

Finally, the Dagger algorithm uses the all the underlying data, combined with a nonce (which is a 32-bit [4 byte]) data field designed to make the "hash" of a block contain a run of 0s, (the cryptographic hash function) and when mining many MANY nonce combinations are tried in order to produce the correct hash to solve the block, and when found, the result is a valid proof of work, and the block reward is dispersed. It takes 512MB to evaluate, 112KB memory and 4078hashes to verify the block, making it very much memory-hard instead of computationally-hard.

Theres room for improvement with further democritizing the mining processes, and no matter what algorithm is created, there will ALWAYS be that one clever ape who designs a working rig to improve their chances, but with the dagger algo, theres at least a more equilibrious playing field. That all being said, i still prefer getting a little more frequently from a mining pool than i do waiting and praying that my 800KH/s  Radeon R5 GPU will find a block EVENTUALLY, MAYBE. but at least with dagger, if i wanted to push all my power into solo mining, i still have a CHANCE, which is much more than BTC or many other popularily mined coins.

legendary
What is dagger algo plz?
It's an algo Ethereum coin. Based on ethereum
Would that be Lyra2re2   ?
Activity: 164
What is dagger algo plz?
It's an algo Ethereum coin. Based on ethereum
legendary
What is dagger algo plz?
Activity: 722
Merit: 501
thus far, we have bleutrade that should be ready for launch, just waiting on final confirmations.
you can vote for us at cryptsy: https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes (we have 11 votes so far, we need lots more!)
we are awaiting moderator review at cryptopia for inclusion into their coin voting program, i will announce when you can vote for us there.
we are awaiting confirmation at poloniex as well.

we are also looking into the development of a faucet that would open within 48hours after launch as well as having us included on the bleufaucet.
No, not Cryptsy, no... they're one of the worst exchanges out there! I'd recommend everyone stay away from Cryptsy.
Poloniex would be great, though.

Regardless, SOIL will be lucky to get listed on any of the top 3 exchanges after launch.

-tb-

i dont think its very far from the realms of possibility. ethereum is listed at all 3, as is expanse. shift is listed at both bittrex and cryptsy, and none of these coins are very long from their releases. the fact that ethereums platform has such a widespread shine to it right now makes getting SOIL included on the exchange much easier in fact.

its not rocket science to get listed, many like cryptsy rely on voting schemes for inclusion and a strong community will help that happen quickly. much of it is simply communicating with the exchanges, showing ones committment. another factor is community involvement, so if YOU want to see SOIL on an exchange, write them and tell them. the more that DO the faster and more widely spread acceptance of SOIL on the exchanges will be realized.

nothing is impossible. ive recently been in contact with gemini exchange (the one the winklevoss twins are opening to trading on thursday) and the support administrator ive talked to there was very interested in SOIL, and im waiting for word back after presenting additional information for the business office at kraken, who dont normally add more than a few coins a season. its all about talking to as many people as possible. its all about a positive attitude and honest assessment of the asset you are bringing to their attention.

if you dont swing for the fences youll never hit a homerun.
Jump to: