Author

Topic: 🌱[ANN] SOIL | Environmental | Agriculture | Smart Contracts | Sustainable - page 129. (Read 237604 times)

Activity: 722
Merit: 501
Hey dev, you didn't replied me yet. Are you interested by a French translation of the OP ?

assurément. (smiles) that would be wonderful.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
thus far, we have bleutrade that should be ready for launch, just waiting on final confirmations.
you can vote for us at cryptsy: https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes (we have 11 votes so far, we need lots more!)
we are awaiting moderator review at cryptopia for inclusion into their coin voting program, i will announce when you can vote for us there.
we are awaiting confirmation at poloniex as well.

we are also looking into the development of a faucet that would open within 48hours after launch as well as having us included on the bleufaucet.
No, not Cryptsy, no... they're one of the worst exchanges out there! I'd recommend everyone stay away from Cryptsy.
Poloniex would be great, though.

Regardless, SOIL will be lucky to get listed on any of the top 3 exchanges after launch.

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
Hey dev, you didn't replied me yet. Are you interested by a French translation of the OP ?
Firstly SOIL should be listed on smaller exchanges such as: C-CEX and BLEUTRADE (my favourite!).

Than it could be much easier to meet requirements of BITTREX, CRYPTSY and finally POLONIEX - currently the best crypto exchange.
These two steps are necessary. Honestly its really hard to believe that someone from "big threesome" would add SOIL immediately.
As a user of SOIL we should show them we are determined to be listed, Dev Team should show they are clever. As they said: Without proper eligibility, you cannot work in this profession.

i had completely forgotten about c-cex. ive requested that SOIL be added to their voting process and will update everyone when that option is available. i want to be certain to get SOIL onto a few exchanges for when we launch to give you, the community, somewhere to exchange them and to get SOIL into as many hands as possible. everyone deserves a little dirt under their fingernails!! ive gotten good replies from poloniex, so it might not be as far fetched an idea we have early inclusion there. i have made a request into bittrex, and the fact that they value currency that features "a strong contribution to science or humanity" might give us a leg up there.

i want SOIL to be a very socially conscious coin, and the vision going forward to concentrate on serving the automated agricultural community and to develop DAPPs for renewable energy generation and the like, is at its heart, what i think is going to make SOIL stand heads and shoulders above the glut of vanity coins on the market. for me, this project is more than about just making a new altcoin, its about finding a way to make a small difference in the world. there are some things that are more important than just making a buck.

as i mentioned in an earlier post, ive already had discussions with a large (and hugely automated) meat hen producer in the netherlands who is a friend of the family, who also runs a biomass generator to produce green energy that supplies power to several hundred homes nearby year round by converting process residues from both the chicken farming aspect of his operation but also fiber from his fields to his decomposition and combustion process to produce electricity. he is immensely interested in developing the autonomous operations on his farm onto the SOIL-blockchain for an always running decentralized server processor. its a first step.
Activity: 414
Merit: 250
Firstly SOIL should be listed on smaller exchanges such as: C-CEX and BLEUTRADE (my favourite!).

Than it could be much easier to meet requirements of BITTREX, CRYPTSY and finally POLONIEX - currently the best crypto exchange.
These two steps are necessary. Honestly its really hard to believe that someone from "big threesome" would add SOIL immediately.
As a user of SOIL we should show them we are determined to be listed, Dev Team should show they are clever. As they said: Without proper eligibility, you cannot work in this profession.

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
bittrex has quick withdrawals...Cryptsy has been a dog for the past few months...
Activity: 598
Merit: 500
thus far, we have bleutrade that should be ready for launch, just waiting on final confirmations.
you can vote for us at cryptsy: https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes (we have 11 votes so far, we need lots more!)
we are awaiting moderator review at cryptopia for inclusion into their coin voting program, i will announce when you can vote for us there.

we are also looking into the development of a faucet that would open within 48hours after launch as well as having us included on the bleufaucet.
No, not Cryptsy, no... they're one of the worst exchanges out there! I'd recommend everyone stay away from Cryptsy.

ive heard/read a fair amount of negativity regarding cryptsy, as well as arguments on the other side of the spectrum. they DO have a high volume per day which can be a boon for liquidity, BUT they have had a number of issues regarding bugs in the system (the infamous withdrawl of 60BTC for a guy who had a 0 balance for example.) ill be doing a lot more research into them for sure.

im hoping that we get our confirmation from poloniex. from a large number of the community, this is one of the most trusted sites which also has a decent exchange volume per day. i use bleutrade, personally, more than the other sites, more so for ease of their platform, even though they are a lower volume exchange. theres good in both dichotomies, a lower volume/24hr exchange would help to keep scarcity up, in a way, but a higher volume/24hrs exchange helps get SOIL into more hands much more quickly.

fingers crossed for poloniex, the only problem with them is that there isnt really much of a way to check on the status of a support ticket requesting coin inclusion although ive spoken with mods in the trollbox a few times and theyve been SUPER helpful.

likewise, im hopeful that we can get things rolling with cryptopia sooner than later. the community there is amazing, extrememly helpful. i want to have at LEAST two exchanges ready for when we launch, preferrably three. it spreads out the trading possibilities and keeps a centralization of trading from being limited to just one exchange where price manipulation can be more easily created.
Activity: 330
📱 Electroneum 📱 cryptocurrency

ok thank you very much for your explanation is already known that I echange be released ?

legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
Admin,

I was a registered testnet miner and churned up ~840 soil. Why do I get no bounty reward?

0x9492b1b55209269fcd03678edd24e4919ba8a23f

Cranky4u

im sorry i missed you Cranky4u. it was 1am local time when i was working on the list, so i mightve simply overlooked you when populating the list... added you to the bounty ledger.

Cranky4u|0x9492b1b55209269fcd03678edd24e4919ba8a23f   SOIL mined-879.061449   bounty-134.55921735

thnx buddy
Hello that such a question can you tell me the price you will approximate the currency would appreciate thanks

the question of initial valuation is something we have been looking at for the last week or so, and have not made any final decision. one consideration is that the actual value of ANY cryptocurrency, from Bitcoin to Ethereum to SOIL, is simply what the traders on the online markets are prepared to pay for it as a speculative asset. another consideration is that, upon launch, nearly every coin has a steep decline in value from the initial valuation due to early dumping of coins on the markets, making a stronger sell wall than buy support. with the large amount of testnet bounties we will be delivering to those who contributed, many of those coins will very likely find their way to the markets rather quickly, which will be good in the short term as it will allow many more people to have SOIL in their accounts.

being that we are releasing an ethereum-platform based coin, we can use the examples the other coins have had since they were launched. truly, the ethereum platform can be considered a "premium altcoin" and the general values of Ethereum-platform based coins will be forever tied into the value of ethereum by assosciation... but generally, the overall values of the coins will be very good as time goes on as long as the developers remain involved..

ETH made its way onto the markets trading at close to or above 500,000 satoshi (.005BTC or $1.19USD at todays rate) and is presently trading at 270000/305000 satoshi (0.64/0.73USD) a month and a half after launch, losing 40% of its value. EXP also hit the markets at 500,000 satoshi, but quickly plummeted and now trades at 21500/25000 satoshi (0.05/0.06USD), losing nearly all its value. SHF launched at 110,000 satoshi (0.26USD) but dropped nearly immediately to 75,000 satoshi (0.18USD). it presently trades at 3800/4800 satoshi (0.009/0.011USD)

a lot of the decline in prices can be attributed to the difficulty BTC has had regaining its value after the sudden 20% collapse on August 19th. it has basically maintained its valuation since that time, with minor fluctuations. other contributing factors is the community's perception. both ETH and EXP had massive premines, and while the EXP team has been more transparent in explaining the premine funds usage as of late, and they have a wonderful development team working on the project, the FUD-factor plays a big part.

there is truly a misunderstanding regarding the costs of developmental funding within the cryptocurrency community, and the moment the average member of the community sees the word "premine" they think "scam", which when you really look into the situations with the Ethereum-forked currencies, is not the case. im really not sure whats up with SHF, but i believe that each of these currencies are still in their nascent stages and will rise in value again, its just a matter of patience.

that being said, there are a few equations that can be used as a reference to what an initial valuation SHOULD be, although they work better when they are simple SHA256 or scrypt based coins. one essentially assumes "total BTC endsupply/total altcoin endsupply/500 to 5000". assuming an eventual hard cap of 30million SOIL (a massive assumption but for arguments sake) we wind up with 21million/30million/500 to 5000, which brings us to a figure between .001BTC-.0001BTC (0.23-0.02USD) which is a massive margin, but gives us something to start working with.

another equation assumes a relative daily average against BTC-valued mining. the basic assumption of 1BTC/day in mining (boy id love to see that sort of rate for mining), coupled with the idea of a profit of 15% made above 1BTC over all blocks mined in a day (number of coins minted) which for SOIL we will average up to 20,000SOIL/day, and we'd be looking at an initial valuation of 50,000 satoshi. ($0.11), right in the middle of the previous margin.

again, these equations are based on sha256 and scrypt algorithmically based altcoins, so we need to factor in the perception of ethereum-platform based currencies being somewhat of a premium coin due to its functionality like bitcoin as a currency, coupled with its innovative blockchain protocol containing the added capability to write and execute simple or complex contracts upon the blockchain itself.

so, a simple answer to what the initial valuation of SOIL will be upon launch is a complex one to which we havent got a complete answer, but is somthing i am taking very seriously and researching very diligently. i am hoping we can aim for an initial valuation approaching .0015 to .00175 BTC (between 35 to 41 cents USD), but we might be looking at something +/- 25% of those figures. if there isnt a massive influx of SOIL onto the markets in the short term following launch, and with our committment to maintaining a transparent operating process, we should be able to keep a value of 80% of the initial valuation for the long term while maintaining the incentive for miners to continue to work on validating the blockchain transactions.

there are plenty of bitcoin clones out there... lets call it a GLUT of cryptocurrencies, with little or no relative value beyond their use as a speculative minetary unit. many of them have little scarcity and unlimited mintage planned. (another argument for a hard cap on total coins, but thats something we will leave in the hands of the community to vote upon within the first year) the inherent value of any altcoin has to be recognized by the demand for the coin by early adopters. the ADDED value of SOIL will be thru the applications we will have placed on the system in the first year, and beyond, which is where the REAL work comes in. creating an increasingly scarce commodity will be a huge factor in the long term value of SOIL.

a lot more work has to go into finding the right value that will maintain itself to within 25% of its initial valuation, and as soon as we launch, work will begin on bringing in the target industrial sector (automated agriculture and ecological software applications) onto the blockchain, which rather than a currency you can buy something at the local corner store with, even though ive got some ideas in that direction, and have spoken with garden-seed retailers about, SOIL will become the "fuel" of the new agricultural revolution.

altcoin economics is only as useful as what the rates are on the exchange tomorrow morning, at any time, so a lot of it is completely academic, but there are some benchmarks we can rely on.

i apologize the lengthy explanation here, but its a good question with a very complex open ended answer. i AM looking at this issue with a lot of serious attention, and we WILL have a properly proportionate initial valuation, and the dedication to work at maintaining that as best as we can over the long haul, BUT, once its launched, for the most part, caveat number one comes into play... the value of SOIL on september 18th at 6PM GMT, 24 hours after launch, will be what the market is willing to pay for it, and all the economic forecasting that we can come up with right now doesnt mean a hill of lima beans.

we plan on being a serious contender in the cryptocurrency marketplace, and are aiming for a top20 market capitalization within the first year. we plan on being around for a long time, but theres no way to predict where the market will go. i will be bringing an initial valuation to the attention of the community before we launch, and i urge patience in waiting for that as theres much more research to be done and considered before we can make an educated decision, but the framework is there, and short answer after a long rant:

im hoping for an initial valuation of .0015BTC. how well we maintain that will be up to the community as a whole. if we can keep your trust in the project, and continue to innovate and improve the platform, i think we will, in a few years, find our way into the top10 amongst market capitalization.
yeah, id noticed my favorite pool at oneether wasnt listed there. i looked around for the source code for one.chain and one.pool online, but couldnt find them on github. the release schdule shows they were released on september 29th, so theyre out there somewhere in the wild. ill have to do a deeper search thru github and google tonite for them.
Here it is: https://github.com/OneEther/OneBackend - they've posted it on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3mxb8x/oneether_releases_backend_source_code/) along with OneBoard (https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3mand2/oneether_open_sources_oneboard_the_simple/) several days earlier.
I like their simplicity. Unfortunately, it looks like the Ethereum community didn't pay much attention to them Sad

And if you plan to set up your own pools for soil on start - I know about suprnova, but more pools is better - then you have minimum two opensourced pools which you can use as a basis - OnePool (link above) and WeiPool (opensourced some days ago, google it if you want).

About block explorers: in addition to etherscan.io, I can also recommend etherchain.org - it is more simple. I, personally, use etherchain more often... may be because it is older and I'm just used to it))

thank you for the link!! i was searching for OneEther and not the other way around. (bangs head on table)

i think having several pools set up before we launch would be important. it prevents a centralization of mining power to one location, aside from the solo miners. its great having suprnova already involved and prepared for our launch. ive mined there many times and found it to work wonderfully. BUT.. im going to be contacting the other pools that host ETH (and EXP and SHF) who already work with the hashimoto dagger algorithm, to be able to reach as many miners as possible and to spread the hashrates out. will check out weipool as well. noticed that etherchain also hosts a pool as well, so something more to look at. thank you so very much for your wonderful advice.

yeah, id noticed my favorite pool at oneether wasnt listed there. i looked around for the source code for one.chain and one.pool online, but couldnt find them on github. the release schdule shows they were released on september 29th, so theyre out there somewhere in the wild. ill have to do a deeper search thru github and google tonite for them.
Here it is: https://github.com/OneEther/OneBackend - they've posted it on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3mxb8x/oneether_releases_backend_source_code/) along with OneBoard (https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3mand2/oneether_open_sources_oneboard_the_simple/) several days earlier.
I like their simplicity. Unfortunately, it looks like the Ethereum community didn't pay much attention to them Sad

And if you plan to set up your own pools for soil on start - I know about suprnova, but more pools is better - then you have minimum two opensourced pools which you can use as a basis - OnePool (link above) and WeiPool (opensourced some days ago, google it if you want).

About block explorers: in addition to etherscan.io, I can also recommend etherchain.org - it is more simple. I, personally, use etherchain more often... may be because it is older and I'm just used to it))
Activity: 414
stats.ethdev.com is not a "normal" explorer - it is not automatic: nodes are listed there only if their owners had explicitly done some actions to appear on that stats. It is NOT a "network status viewer" tool.
Better look at etherscan.io, for example. And, also, oneether.com have their code open-sourced - you can use it for soil!

i actually love oneether's setup. ive been mining on their pool from day one of its release, and aside from a few hiccups (a couple days with several hours of downtime, a sticky hashrate that was fixed by updating ethminer to the latest release...) its been the best pool ive seen, and it would be wonderful to set up something similar for soil.

at least we have a couple weeks remaining before launch to get that accomplished. the one.chain page is very simple, but sometimes simpler is better, at least insofar as the sort of information i want to make sure is readily available and transparent.

etherscan.io looks amazing, the wealth of information available there. ive been looking at a lot of block explorers the last few days, and i think we will definitely need one based on ethereum platforms to work the best for us. we have had discussions with one developer that seem very promising and ill be looking into those sites you provided with much greater depth tonite. thank you very much for the information....

Amazing initiative. Keeping crossed fingers to make it happen.

Also I would like to notice that DevTeam made great work according to TestNet. The task was completed with dispatch. All users involved into it was contributed. Good job!
legendary
Activity: 1339
Merit: 1002
stats.ethdev.com is not a "normal" explorer - it is not automatic: nodes are listed there only if their owners had explicitly done some actions to appear on that stats. It is NOT a "network status viewer" tool.
Better look at etherscan.io, for example. And, also, oneether.com have their code open-sourced - you can use it for soil!

i actually love oneether's setup. ive been mining on their pool from day one of its release, and aside from a few hiccups (a couple days with several hours of downtime, a sticky hashrate that was fixed by updating ethminer to the latest release...) its been the best pool ive seen, and it would be wonderful to set up something similar for soil.

at least we have a couple weeks remaining before launch to get that accomplished. the one.chain page is very simple, but sometimes simpler is better, at least insofar as the sort of information i want to make sure is readily available and transparent.

etherscan.io looks amazing, the wealth of information available there. ive been looking at a lot of block explorers the last few days, and i think we will definitely need one based on ethereum platforms to work the best for us. we have had discussions with one developer that seem very promising and ill be looking into those sites you provided with much greater depth tonite. thank you very much for the information....

Hello that such a question can you tell me the price you will approximate the currency would appreciate thanks

I wonder is it possible to make something like this https://stats.ethdev.com/ for soil. anyone knows?

thats an awesome looking node list. the information there is amazing. having that sort of data at ones fingertips makes verifying the networks health a snap. it would be nice to see what the hashrates for each node is, too. ensuring that a centralization of block processing can be avoided is important.

we've also had ongoing discussions regarding a block explorer with providers, and are still endeavoring to have one that includes simple clickable wallets so that the community will be able to verify the "community reserve" balance as well as the development team's balances. for me, the principle of total transparency regarding that is paramount. the public ledger with that information will be constantly available, but id still like to have that intelligence immediately accessible to everyone. i think that breeds confidence in the project as a whole.
I wonder is it possible to make something like this https://stats.ethdev.com/ for soil. anyone knows?

thats an awesome looking node list. the information there is amazing. having that sort of data at ones fingertips makes verifying the networks health a snap. it would be nice to see what the hashrates for each node is, too. ensuring that a centralization of block processing can be avoided is important.

we've also had ongoing discussions regarding a block explorer with providers, and are still endeavoring to have one that includes simple clickable wallets so that the community will be able to verify the "community reserve" balance as well as the development team's balances. for me, the principle of total transparency regarding that is paramount. the public ledger with that information will be constantly available, but id still like to have that intelligence immediately accessible to everyone. i think that breeds confidence in the project as a whole.
Jump to: