Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 102. (Read 444821 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 2
Helping the blockchain world build secure++ stuff!
Per this announcement:

https://blog.sonm.io/sonm-crypto-iaas-is-here-2ab02e153d31

Docker is a container environment and is not meant to provide isolation between containers running on the same system. Will you have multiple containers running unrelated jobs on the same system?

If so, once a bug is discovered or the running code manages to escape the intended execution process, the blast radius of compromise will assume all containers running on that machine. That's why hypervisors which utilize hardware-assisted security for real virtual machines is standard for actual isolation of code.

Just google and read a few of the past problems to get an idea of how folks are going to escape from docker and similar container platforms in the future:

https://www.google.com/search?q=docker+escape

What is the plan to mitigate this? Lose the performance improvements without actual isolation and just run (1) container per bare metal? Better to get this right beforehand rather than later.

Are any penetration tests scheduled to get the data to further harden the system?
Activity: 196
Merit: 0

The second day of Consensus 2018 is at it’s peak! Come visit our Booth 205 here in New York Hilton Midtown hotel!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdP64mwW0AAQxey.jpg:large

Its nice to know the team is spreading awareness at the big meetings Cheesy
Keep on with the good work
Activity: 42
Nice so there's two types of masternodes...just got mentioned at Consensus. So one is 100k and the other 500k ...too much for me. Congrats to those that can afford it. Sure bet retirement plan  Smiley
I can't afford it either, With rising price it's even harder to get 100k+ SONM. Well, I hope there will be pool or something for small holders to combine their SONM to earn by just holding.  Wink
$0,285562 USD (-17,11%)
0,00003441 BTC (-14,93%)
0,00040911 ETH (-15,41%)

Why did the price fall by 15% of the BTC price? I think the price will rise with this news. Anybody have an answer I can understand.

I think someone waited for the consensus event to sell his tokens. It would make sense. But I think the price will go above 1$ soon.
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
I see there is VISA option. It works? SONM customers can buy computing power using credit card now?
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
Nice so there's two types of masternodes...just got mentioned at Consensus. So one is 100k and the other 500k ...too much for me. Congrats to those that can afford it. Sure bet retirement plan  Smiley
I can't afford it either, With rising price it's even harder to get 100k+ SONM. Well, I hope there will be pool or something for small holders to combine their SONM to earn by just holding.  Wink
$0,285562 USD (-17,11%)
0,00003441 BTC (-14,93%)
0,00040911 ETH (-15,41%)

Why did the price fall by 15% of the BTC price? I think the price will rise with this news. Anybody have an answer I can understand.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
BLUPASS.CO | ICO LIVE! | 15/5 - 30/9 | JOIN NOW!
so for being masternode I will receive free tokens ? im right ?

what ROI for 100K and 500K masternode ?

I believe the average masternode gives between 5 - 10% ROI a year, most of them around 6%. A 100K masternode would give about 500SNM a month then, a 500K would provide more stability to the network and would therefore receive a higher relative amount, probably 7 or 8%, so that would be 3000SNM a month.

Would it be possible to join a pool or something if I don't hold enough coins?
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

I believe the average masternode gives between 5 - 10% ROI a year, most of them around 6%. A 100K masternode would give about 500SNM a month then, a 500K would provide more stability to the network and would therefore receive a higher relative amount, probably 7 or 8%, so that would be 3000SNM a month.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
Even there was so much today during consensus 2018 on SONM's functionalities and project but simply this update on Crypto-IaaS draw my attention to share my thought on this. One simply can not cover everything in small paragraph as just pros you watch what is being delivered. This brought great changes in MVP which will be visible and recognizable by those currently using it.
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Guess the 500k one would be very profitable...regarding %'s I'm sure details will follow. Think a lot also depends on snm token value, which is rising and will most likely keep rising. So good bet if you can afford one imo
Activity: 180
Merit: 102

Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Activity: 283
Merit: 12
Are there lists somewhere about SONM partnerships, potencial users and planned projects on SONM network?

Greetings!
All information is here: https://twitter.com/sonmdevelopment

Stay tuned
SONM team
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
It looks like dream how the things are being presented that everything is great and unbelievably awesome in SONM. Even price will jump in dollars after the main net launch but I am real long on this project. They are incredible developers the way they have approach for solutions and things.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech
Are there lists somewhere about SONM partnerships, potencial users and planned projects on SONM network?

No but I’m sure theyll come out with some exciting news in the next couple of weeks. Lots of companies are probably very interested in joining the network soon, so we’re going to here from those soon. Be patient, this is a long term hodl, dont sell before it hits 10$ which should be before 2019 is over
Activity: 42
Activity: 396

We had to cancel our meetup, which was supposed to be held on one of the Manhattan rooftops due to an approaching thunderstorm. This will not affect our participation in Consensus 2018 in any way, we are waiting for you at our booth! Keep in touch with the latest news!

Activity: 396

The second day of Consensus 2018 is at it’s peak! Come visit our Booth 205 here in New York Hilton Midtown hotel!

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012
Let's talk about something besides the price.

I'd like to involve in the "mining". I'd like to buy some computer to supply the computer power.
What kind of computers are good?
Can I get profit from renting my computer power now?

Right now is still the Test-Net. In July they will have some of the functions where you can earn real SONM for your rented computers. In AUG the whole Main-Net gets released. From there I'm sure there will be lots of steady improvements.

Thanks! I am looking forwards to the main net release on July/August.
What kind of computer shall I have in order to earn SONM?
Do anyone know?
You should build a rig depending on how much you want to earn.. Earnings might vary by various factors, If there's lot of demand for resource you'll get better deals/money. Try out MVP!
Activity: 1162
Merit: 568
Let's talk about something besides the price.

I'd like to involve in the "mining". I'd like to buy some computer to supply the computer power.
What kind of computers are good?
Can I get profit from renting my computer power now?

Right now is still the Test-Net. In July they will have some of the functions where you can earn real SONM for your rented computers. In AUG the whole Main-Net gets released. From there I'm sure there will be lots of steady improvements.

Thanks! I am looking forwards to the main net release on July/August.
What kind of computer shall I have in order to earn SONM?
Do anyone know?
Jump to: