Author

Topic: [ANN] SpartanCoin - Cryptocoin for the competitive world. - page 125. (Read 215570 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I'm fine waiting... if I know that it will be lets say 2:30 EST.. or something... but not i go outside to have a cig.. and BAM here's wallet & source link.. and I walk back in, and missed launch.. I will be seriously pissed after sitting here for hours waiting.. just want some kind of SET TIME or SET TIMEFRAME..
Activity: 87

Sorry i would like to use "His" real name but don't feel that's appropriate without his consent. I can only communicate what i'm told at the minute
[/quote]

How involved are you with the actual launch?  (in other words, how are you communicating with the dev?)
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
Keep - The privacy layer for Ethereum
so do we have any timeframe as to 5min (doubtful) / 10min (doubtful) / 20min??? / 30min?? ...

I want to mine this, have 2.5MH waiting to go, but just kinda want some kind of time frame... keep reading doing this or doing that.. but its been while now.. so just curious as to a rough time frame?.. Any Ideas?

They won't do it. 'Team Spartancoin' will NOT give you a real ETA no matter what.  Grin

Launch time will be 5 minutes after I give up and go to bed....

I'm a bit concerned by people who disrespect other people's time at this level.

tis true, I have work and sprogs to sort. The dev needs to step up.

I know i'm waiting too, sprogs will be up in 30 mins, then gotta get ready for work, gonna be a long day!
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
so do we have any timeframe as to 5min (doubtful) / 10min (doubtful) / 20min??? / 30min?? ...

I want to mine this, have 2.5MH waiting to go, but just kinda want some kind of time frame... keep reading doing this or doing that.. but its been while now.. so just curious as to a rough time frame?.. Any Ideas?

They won't do it. 'Team Spartancoin' will NOT give you a real ETA no matter what.  Grin

tis true, I have work and sprogs to sort. The dev needs to step up.
.....or just decide to postpone and give it a go tomorrow so they have time to launch it flawlessly

He wants to be sure it is all fully functional before launch. He has maintained this from the start, having all the foundations in place before launch. Almost there from what i've been told! Who can make the best SPARTAN Meme we can spread across the internet once launched?! Everyone loves a funny meme!

"He" has had time to test this thing long before 2 hours after launch. Can you give all of us who have wasted a lot of time already on this a clear ETA or not?

Sorry i would like to use "His" real name but don't feel that's appropriate without his consent. I can only communicate what i'm told at the minute

I can assure you this is not intentional. I'm trying to keep everyone updated as much as i can to free up their time to sort the problem. Apologies if it's not enough. I will tell you anything i hear as soon as i hear it. Last i heard he is just waiting for the link to upload Smiley
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

He wants to be sure it is all fully functional before launch. He has maintained this from the start, having all the foundations in place before launch. Almost there from what i've been told! Who can make the best SPARTAN Meme we can spread across the internet once launched?! Everyone loves a funny meme!

"He" has had time to test this thing long before 2 hours after launch. Can you give all of us who have wasted a lot of time already on this a clear ETA or not?

Well played! Its good to hear it can still be done!

Yeah... I wanted to expand again after that but card prices were pretty much 20% more than when I bought them across the board, which was insane, so I didn't - and that was a good move, seeing as GPU price drops and a huge altcoin market dip happened shortly after haha. Really want to expand because I love the hobby of it and I've been doing well, but I'm hoping to hear about some new cards in April/May instead of current offerings. Tough decision at this point. Tempted to build a 5 or 6 card 750ti machine to see how much better it does in summer temps compared to my AMD rigs. It'd be cheap, too.

I agree, the temps have me slightly worried with my ATI rig, although i think a swift move to the prospective garage should solve that problem. Topped with a proper cooling solution, not these naff low rpm fans i picked up!

Activity: 69

This waiting game is killing it fella, that's the problem.
Lets hope your right tho, I lost 6 million on flappyspin. Silly me.

Yeh it was a very quick Blip, good old Cryptsy the Killer and the mass market dumpers. They unleashed it to quickly with nothing to back it up. The wallet was barely even ready! The Dev for SPARTANCOIN has informed me that exchanges will be selected carefully and at the correct time to prevent pump and dumps and all that jazz. Promoting true value to the coin, which i found comforting.
Well played! Its good to hear it can still be done!

Yeah... I wanted to expand again after that but card prices were pretty much 20% more than when I bought them across the board, which was insane, so I didn't - and that was a good move, seeing as GPU price drops and a huge altcoin market dip happened shortly after haha. Really want to expand because I love the hobby of it and I've been doing well, but I'm hoping to hear about some new cards in April/May instead of current offerings. Tough decision at this point.

I went with 4 x GTX 750Ti on my latest miner - extremely stable, cranking out a smidge over 1MH/s, runs extremely quiet and cool, low energy costs.   Loving it over my ATI rigs...
Hash envy

Bought it all on Newegg credit 12 months no interest (gave myself time to scrap together the cash incase I didn't cash in on mining). Paid it off with PANDA a month and a half later bwahahaha. Love the absurd altcoin game.

Hahaha, similar to me, bought all the parts from all over, Flappy paid me out and then flopped lol. SPARTANCOIN is the next big coin though in the Alt world. No other coin out there is being treated as a true business model. Just fan boys hashing out their own bodged scrypts with no meaning behind them!
so how much mH we got in here waiting to rape this thing?  Bout 6 mH here

FNAR FNAR

Nice i have 3.6 mh/s queued up, waiting to be configured. More to come.

We got over 10 mhash/s active in the forum already. will soon mount up. Nice thing is we'll be the first ones in Wink
so how much mH we got in here waiting to rape this thing?  Bout 6 mH here

FNAR FNAR

Nice i have 3.6 mh/s queued up, waiting to be configured. More to come.
Activity: 84
Syncing to hosted Amazon AWS. Just an update Smiley

Any more news?

Final recompile is taking place, i've been informed we should be good to go after this one! Windows is being it's usual self and being a pain in the ass!

but HOW LONG? 1h, 5h 12?
Plot Twist: the dev planned this late launch all along to drum up thread bumps when the inevitable outrage began, bringing the actual launch some time later more attention

Or we all go to bed.

Haha you should write a book buddy! got the makings of a writer! The Dev's on it, things will be nice and smooth from here on out. Nice thing is they are launching all 3 wallets together, which shows proper preparation (other than the obvious hiccups) unlike a lot of other Altcoins out there. They have their heads screwed on, just tried something different to help the community and it didn't go to plan unfortunately!
Jump to: