Author

Topic: [ANN] Spells of Genesis - Innovating the Game Economy with BitCrystals (BCY) - page 240. (Read 675762 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 264

hankman I'm not sure exactly why you are calling it scam. Because we are preselling ingame currency and you think games are not serious enough to spend anything in ?

I know there is a lot of spam in that space. But being qualified like that makes me sad because we worked more that 8 months to set up a standard of emerging fairness game economy. I tried very hard work to set up the whole thing, for the first time in game industry, to align the developper/publisher to the community interest.
So people might like it join the idea or not. But qualify this as a scam is saddens me for all the effort that as been put by the passionate team.

My opinion is the most popular app genre is game and the most grossing, just looking at the app store and playstore top grossing app it's all about premium currency purchase.
As a company our goal is to be sustainable at least and being a super hit at best. Puzzle&Dragon a Japanese game for example is a mix of casual and arcade game. It generates 4.5 mio USD per day of sales. Thats what we are heading for.
We have now 5 years experience in doing games and I'm pretty confident we have the ability to push this to an great success, one of the reason is the fact blockchain technology opens up possibility for people to become digital asset game resellers and ability to expand the game.
I beleive this model is the future of the game economy, where the product is produced by the market for the market.

This is true, just look at steam (keys/cards/gems all tradeable) though i woundnt compare this mob with valve. game is average at best.

This is a good sign, if the game is average and it just has been funded and not yet developed we have room of improvement to make it a big hit.
Talking about steam before it emerged the success of valve came from people who created the mod counterstrike the could achieve high success thanks to the gamer community. This is also something I envision for Spells of Genesis

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
So people are basically pre-buying fake XCP created money to spend on things in this game once it's released?

You don't even own any of this game's profits/ad revenue if you purchase the token sale?

I guess it'll work. People buy fake money to use in games all the time.

This is true, just look at steam (keys/cards/gems all tradeable) though i woundnt compare this mob with valve. game is average at best.
npl
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
How much did Moonga gross from in-game purchases after platform fees?
Divide that by 100,000,000 and you get the estimated worth per bitcrystal, if the new game matches it in popularity.
So if it grossed 2M than each bitcrystal is worth $0.02. Which is +- what it's being sold for right now so you'd break even.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
So people are basically pre-buying fake XCP created money to spend on things in this game once it's released?

You don't even own any of this game's profits/ad revenue if you purchase the token sale?

Ok now it's clear you are just attempting to discredit the project by using words like "fake XCP created money"...
You sound pretty sour, have to say...  Cheesy

What you just said applies to any altcoin, and even Bitcoin itself. Something is valuable because people who use it considers it of value.
Stones once were used as money, something that it's hard to consider money nowadays, yet they were being used as a mean of exchange centuries ago.

To be noted that Moonga, EverdreamSoft first game, with over 250,000 downloads to date doesn't feature any ads.
So I'm not sure where do you get the impression there will be ads in Spells of Genesis.

Furthermore, all the fake money that people uses in those other games you mention, it's really fake because they don't own it, it can only be used and traded within those games.
They are closed economies.

BitCrystals are a mean for users to actually be part of the game economy, they can first be used to buy assets, cards, etc but they can also be freely traded outside of the game, peer to peer or on exchanges.
This is also true for the blockchain-based trading cards, everyone can exchange them between each other, online, and even be sold at will anywhere in the world.

If by any chance BitCrystals go up in value because they become rarer the more they are used by players, who do you think is going to benefit?
If in the future 10 BitCrystals buy you 30 cards instead of 10 or simply they are worth more, the players and the community are going to benefit, the people who actually own them.
Activity: 182

legendary

Who are you coin@coin? Are you actually affiliated with BitCrystals?

Clearly the information is required to make sure the devs/team didn't buy their coins for free.

Since there is funds raise not associated with any blockchain, this is most definitely a scam. Maybe not 100% scam. But like an 80% scam.

I believe you will deliver a game. But I don't believe investors will receive their money back. This basically sounds like, pay us $1,000,000 to build a game that we scammed our way into owning most of.

Nope, I'm not part of the team, as I mentioned earlier I do support the project and I like the idea, and I bought into the token sale too.
I trust the team they will deliver, they have an alpha of the game which is available to test online. I've been following the project for a long time.
So I know quite a bit about it.

I never heard of 80% scam, it's either a scam or not. This is not an open source project, it's a company raising funds to develop a new game, they have already a game out since 2009 available for iOS and Android.
BitCrystals will be used to purchase cards, card packs and in-game items, they are the fuel of the game. And when they are used they get burned.
What does that mean? That BitCrystals will decrease in number over time, the more they are used, hence the potential for return is pretty solid in my opinion.

You are making assumptions in your comments, which is fair, everyone is free to think whatever they want. It's a free world.
The team has been clear on how they will use the coins (out of the 100 million that will ever exist), it's all in the OP, on the sale site and on the Spells of Genesis site.

Do have a read through, I did, and have no worries about the team being honest and working hard to deliver.
There are also milestones to be completed before they get any money from the sale. An extra guarantee for contributors.
If they don't deliver they ain't getting anything.

I wish they'd get a million, they have proven themselves before with their previous game Moonga. With that much money I can only imagine what a great game Spells of Genesis will be!
I'm also pretty hooked on the blockchain-based cards, LOL, want to collect them all. Getting there!  Smiley

Whats up with the "Some BitCrystals may be sold prior to the token sale".

Please tell us exactly how many tokens have been sold before the token sale and what price they were sold for.

And why should the team disclose that information?

A pre-sale is done to early investors not to the public.
People who support the project with funds that allows them to keep going.

You can see how many BitCrystals are still available on the sale site and how many have been sold.
It's pretty clear to me.

Who are you coin@coin? Are you actually affiliated with BitCrystals?

Clearly the information is required to make sure the devs/team didn't buy their coins for free.

Since there is funds raise not associated with any blockchain, this is most definitely a scam. Maybe not 100% scam. But like an 80% scam.

I believe you will deliver a game. But I don't believe investors will receive their money back. This basically sounds like, pay us $1,000,000 to build a game that we scammed our way into owning most of.
legendary

Please tell us exactly how many tokens have been sold before the token sale and what price they were sold for.

And why should the team disclose that information?

A pre-sale is done to early investors not to the public.
People who support the project with funds that allows them to keep going.

You can see how many BitCrystals are still available on the sale site and how many have been sold.
It's pretty clear to me.

legendary
How many max bitcoins can be raised ? Shouldn't they close the crowdsale ?

That was for the minimum goal, the sale goes on until BitCrystals are soldout or the sale ends on September 3rd.

That sounds like a scam. You should close the ICO now.

LOL easy with the red text  Grin

It's written on the sale site that was always the plan. You should read the token sale site before talking.
And it's also in the OP. All nice and clear.

What happens on Kickstarter when a project reaches the minimum funding volume?
They go into overfunding right?

There are quite a few BitCrystals to be sold before the sale is over.
I'm sure someone from the team will be around on Monday to answer any questions.
I do support the project, got a few BCY myself! get them while they are cheap.

That was for the minimum goal, the sale goes on until BitCrystals are soldout or the sale ends on September 3rd.

That sounds like a scam. You should close the ICO now.
legendary

Activity: 357
Merit: 251
Activity: 257
legendary

SoG is 101% funded!  Grin

CONGRATS GUYS!
legendary
sale finished ? 100% reached ? can't buy anymore or what? the buy button still appears in the website
i missed the pre-sale ? Smiley

Sale is still on, what they have reached is the minimum funding goal, there are a lot more BitCrystals to be sold.
legendary

Now it is shown that only 60 mil coins are being sold what happend to the original 70 milion if there has been a modification it would be nice to know.

I would also like a clarification on this.  Also it says any coins not sold will be burned.  When exactly will they be burned?  Will there be proof of burn?

Coins not sold will be burned after the token sale. Got to wait for it to finish right? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 924
sale finished ? 100% reached ? can't buy anymore or what? the buy button still appears in the website
i missed the pre-sale ? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

Now it is shown that only 60 mil coins are being sold what happend to the original 70 milion if there has been a modification it would be nice to know.

I would also like a clarification on this.  Also it says any coins not sold will be burned.  When exactly will they be burned?  Will there be proof of burn?
legendary
Jump to: