Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 110. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître

Thanks for sharing this. I think it's sometimes easy to get caught up with speculation as to prices while forgetting what's so damn cool about all this tech and development. I like the idea of this tech empowering people to take back their private property from people fucking taking pieces off that don't rightfully own it. *cough* .gov *cough*

Decentralize everything!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Looks like the daily Decrypt gave a pretty good summary

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FO2MiGJv4
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
I would like to ask everyone a question:

Given that one member of this community had their wallet emptied, probably via team viewer, what does everyone think about adding 2fa into the new wallet Geoegem is working on?

This isn't about it being technically feasible or not, it is technically feasible. This is a general question about how important it would be to add that functionality into SPR.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I am adding support for a hardware wallet like TREZOR. It has 2FA in the form of a PIN you have to enter everytime you sign a tx.
There are other devices that could be used for 2FA.

Some forms of 2FA would require a centralized service, so they disqualify themselves.

We could make the usage of multisignatures easier from within the wallet. Some consider that 2FA too!
(But this wasn't my plan for the first version of the new wallet, but maybe a later one?)

Or what kind of 2FA were you thinking about?

What about something as simple as Google Authenticator?

I would love that.

I use Google Authenticator for a dozen of exchanges and various services and I'd love to be able to use 2FA for desktop wallets as well.

Thinking about it, it would probably wouldn't work because there's no way to enforce a delay between tries once someome manages to get a copy of your wallet so essentially they could easily bruteforce it. Unless I'm missing something.
legendary
BTW, the new CORE wallet will work with TREZOR:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Among other things I will add 2 pretty big features that will smooth the way for both decentralized blockexplorer and decentralized exchange.

I will explain soon. (or can you guess what they are?)

Grin

Two pretty big features?

Well smoothing the way for an exchange can only be ServiceNodes.

They actually exist. I downloaded them last year. The code MrSpread left was pretty good.
Ni dieu ni maître

Among other things I will add 2 pretty big features that will smooth the way for both decentralized blockexplorer and decentralized exchange.

Grin

I don't want to speculate too much here, but it sounds like the next iteration of the Spreadwallet will include some good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Vjd_hdYYw

I'm about as excited as this guy. ^^

"IT'S A BABY F***IN WHALE, MAN!" "WE'RE SEEING SOME SHIT WE AIN'T NEVER SEEN BEFORE!"

as i live around boston area (north shore) i got a real kick outta that!LOL
thanx rhino...oh and  GO SPREADCOIN!

Funny enough, that's where I was thinking of going on holiday.

Is America a big place for people from the UK to go on Holiday? I've been to the Cape a few times, it's pretty nice. Not too familiar with the North Shore area.

If SNs take off I'm heading to live for a bit in Asia on my monthly Spread income  Cool
legendary

Grin

I don't want to speculate too much here, but it sounds like the next iteration of the Spreadwallet will include some good stuff.

"IT'S A BABY F***IN WHALE, MAN!" "WE'RE SEEING SOME SHIT WE AIN'T NEVER SEEN BEFORE!"

thanx rhino...oh and  GO SPREADCOIN!

Funny enough, that's where I was thinking of going on holiday.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist

Grin

thanx rhino...oh and  GO SPREADCOIN!
Ni dieu ni maître

Grin

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Network hardware and nodes have been improved.

The blockchain can now be downloaded in 6-8 hours on Ubuntu, previously it took a day or so!

Clearly, stuff is happening on the back-end and georgem has been quite busy.

A development fund, would be nice for financing future improvements and must be long-term goal.

Not sure, how it would be integrated simply into the mining structure.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

Given that one member of this community had their wallet emptied, probably via team viewer, what does everyone think about adding 2fa into the new wallet Geoegem is working on?

This isn't about it being technically feasible or not, it is technically feasible. This is a general question about how important it would be to add that functionality into SPR.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I am adding support for a hardware wallet like TREZOR. It has 2FA in the form of a PIN you have to enter everytime you sign a tx.

Some forms of 2FA would require a centralized service, so they disqualify themselves.

We could make the usage of multisignatures easier from within the wallet. Some consider that 2FA too!
(But this wasn't my plan for the first version of the new wallet, but maybe a later one?)

What about something as simple as Google Authenticator?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
New wallet, new miner, how are the service nodes doing?

I was under the impression release of service nodes was going to happen around the summer time (summer is almost over).

I thought that would be released next. I'm just confused about priorities and timeline.

Otherwise: good work (I guess). Not sure what has been accomplished the past year.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

legendary
spreadcoin.info
I think I will have a detailed description of the new wallet (Spreadwallet) ready in the next 24 hours.

I will also address all the points that you guys have made in the meantime.

Stay tuned.  Smiley

Does this include the issue of the outdated nvidia miner which doesn't really work on many cards?

No, wallet and miner will be 100% separated from now on.
So, you'll have to wait for the release of the new wallet before I will give the development of the new spreadminer more priority.
Sorry.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

The fact that it was my wallet goes without saying - HELL YEAH - for 2fa - I vote YES! :-)
legendary

legendary
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I think I will have a detailed description of the new wallet (Spreadwallet) ready in the next 24 hours.

I will also address all the points that you guys have made in the meantime.

Stay tuned.  Smiley
Ni dieu ni maître
This coin will go nowere, the development is way to slow i doubt anything will be launched in months, while the price keeps going down and down

I Do like the idea just this one man team cant handle this.

I don't think timing is really a huge deal. The issue of Bitcoin node count has yet to have a solution found for it. Granted, if it takes ten years it might be more or less relevant - it's hard to predict. In my opinion, even if it takes another year or two to get working service nodes with proof of Bitcoin up and running, the coin will still be a giant success.

I think the development team should/ could be expanded as well, but clearly we could use more funding. If Georgem is in need of funding just by himself, another one or two people wouldn't be all that sustainable at the moment. Once more development is done, I'm sure we will on-load some more developers. But we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Definitely the case. Also the GPU miner does not work for a GTX 1080 (--benchmark, answers don't validate on CPU)

There are plenty of miners who are knowledgable and might be able to help out. If it's a problem with the software not to worry, Georgem frequents these parts quite often and is incredibly interactive / helpful.  Cool

Yes, I figured atleast someone would have tried to run it on a GTX 1080 by now. I think it works now, I have the source code for v0.1r2 and v0.1r3, I only get errors compiling v0.1r3 and I'm not experienced enough to solve them, but when I compile v0.1r2 and do --benchmark, it actually validates. 8000 Kh/s.
Edit after 10 min: My GPU temperature is still 20-25C under its max, despite having a 99% GPU load with the miner.

https://i.gyazo.com/6d651a09141f8001c7a02c4550f38f71.png
Nevermind, doesn't work. Anyone with a GTX 1080 or a newer version of the nvidia miner?

The Nvidia GTX 660 does not work either. I previously created a Spreadcoin test network and the CPU gets blocks, but the GPU fails.
Jump to: