Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 210. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Are we going off of this timezone's countdown???  Grin Grin Grin
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/newyear.html?p0=282

Looks like they're happening soon

ours is only about 4 hours away here in adelaide australia ...

happy new year guys ...

#crysx
Activity: 171
Merit: 100
At current prices and with 100 Service Nodes, things still look healthy:

My guess is that as nodes increase, the price will increase and so running a ServiceNode should, in theory, always be profitable?

I really like this idea of dynamic nodes tied to price  (rather than a fixed number that increases with coin supply) so that running a servicenode will always be profitable, but there can be no guarantee that you will have enough spr to facilitate operating a node.

So using your price model, maximum nodes would currently be ~100.  In order to guarantee the ability to run a node you would need coin supply/max nodes that would generate profitability or 45000 spr, but in all likelihood much less, lets say 25,000.  In the event the price drops to half of what it is now, the amount required to operate a servicenode increases to 50,000 spr.  This then drives those displaced by not having enough spr to buy more, increasing the value of spr and thus increasing the number of servicenodes available; creating a sort of equilibrium that generates organic growth of the servicenode network based on how successful the coin is in terms of market cap,
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I've never seen a takeover coin success again.
Activity: 268
Its an interesting approach...

It's innovation, one of the multiple that drive this coin... everything is in flux, always, so why not this? I'd be surprised if it didn't become adopted. 100% interested in seeing how it goes  Cool
legendary
...... Having said that, I like the idea that the entry point for service nodes could be set by the market and not an arbitrary figure.

Its an interesting approach...It's also one of those ideas that you either love or hate - but I think you can grow to like it.

Having thought about it for a while, it could be a way to prevent people holding lots of service nodes. A dynamic fee market for nodes might make it easier to stick with a handful.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Some hours before the big bang.
Activity: 519

My guess is that as nodes increase, the price will increase and so running a ServiceNode should, in theory, always be profitable?

Very interesting how much coins for a Spr Node 25000?

This is to be decided.  

There is a proposal that will be tested where there is no fixed entry point for a service node.  For example, the maximum number of service nodes might be capped to (coin supply / 2880) and that number of service nodes with the highest balance and good performance will be selected for payment.  This is to be tested in testnet.  

If that (or variant) doesn't work, I assume a fixed price will be chosen.

I personally like the fixed price idea because it wouldn't cap the number of service nodes.  Having said that, I like the idea that the entry point for service nodes could be set by the market and not an arbitrary figure.

Thx for the detailed explanation

Hopefully it made a little sense!

For sure  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

This is to be decided.  

There is a proposal that will be tested where there is no fixed entry point for a service node.  For example, the maximum number of service nodes might be capped to (coin supply / 2880) and that number of service nodes with the highest balance and good performance will be selected for payment.  This is to be tested in testnet.  

I personally like the fixed price idea because it wouldn't cap the number of service nodes.  Having said that, I like the idea that the entry point for service nodes could be set by the market and not an arbitrary figure.

Hopefully it made a little sense!

This is to be decided.  

legendary
Decentralize Everything

This is to be decided.  

legendary
Activity: 1050
Some good discussion happening in our new SpreadCoin slack channel! Please message me your email address for an invitation to the channel!

legendary

legendary
Profit and Loss from running a ServiceNode:

Have a play and let me know if anything needs fixing

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sqwY4qRWB2zqJEk9kiZB0mHPi9A6Vfuu3QA-ruy4Q8s/edit#gid=1994079775

NB: None of the details have been finalised yet, so this is just for illustration.

edit

At 3,000 Service Nodes and a decent price, the blue band is the range where things get very interesting:

legendary
Decentralize Everything
Nearly 70,000SPR traded in the last 24 hours.  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ico-on-april-18-30-on-1s-day-the-next-big-thing-edon-newtechnology-1291818

The PoL is an arbitrator that records when a node is fully operational, assigns an evaluated score of credibility and a position(in descending order) in the forging/waiting line - that simple. As transactions pile up, and blocks are signed, you will reach your turn to forge the next block, after that you will go back at the end of the line and process continues.

Sounds similar to what we're doing.
Jump to: