Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 209. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 268
Merit: 250
So, the 80GB Diskspace is not really required, but can't hurt.
We are probably good with 10 GB Diskspace too...

Good catch, I was posting requirements for a full Bitcoin node, which is something for the future, not this release.

But as you said, it doesn't hurt to have that capacity ready.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
... when testnet starts

Quick summary:

Each Service Node will need:
  • 80GB Diskspace
  • 2Gb Memory (RAM)
  • 200+Gb Upload
  • 20+Gb Download
  • own IP address
  • minimum amout of SPR (TBD)

From coins101 posting:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sqwY4qRWB2zqJEk9kiZB0mHPi9A6Vfuu3QA-ruy4Q8s/edit#gid=1994079775

NB: None of the details have been finalised yet, so this is just for illustration.

Sounds reasonable.
But first we are going to stick for a while to altcoins that have a small blockchain.
Makes testing easier and faster.

So, the 80GB Diskspace is not really required, but can't hurt.
We are probably good with 10 GB Diskspace too...
... when testnet starts

Quick summary:

Each Service Node will need:
  • 80GB Diskspace
  • 2Gb Memory (RAM)
  • 200+Gb Upload
  • 20+Gb Download
  • own IP address
  • minimum amout of SPR (TBD)

From coins101 posting:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sqwY4qRWB2zqJEk9kiZB0mHPi9A6Vfuu3QA-ruy4Q8s/edit#gid=1994079775

NB: None of the details have been finalised yet, so this is just for illustration.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Release service nodes testnet, and you instantly become a Legend.
can't wait to unleash this d(a)emon baby on you guys.
Standing by and counting down, this should be  “multiple orders of magnitude”  improvement. Enormous task and it looks like you pulled it off. Congrats! Cool

The task is indeed enormous, and I am by far not yet finished in every aspect.
But what I am going to present later today (could take a few hours still) is the current state of the work.

Stay tuned, and don't buy into a bubble, guys. Wait for the real wave that will come over the next days, when testnet starts.  Cool

More info later.
can't wait to unleash this d(a)emon baby on you guys.
Standing by and counting down, this should be  “multiple orders of magnitude”  improvement. Enormous task and it looks like you pulled it off. Congrats! Cool
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Found it:

A quick sneak peak of how the new website & Ann thread will look like, and what kind of design elements they will include:

I will use a lot of such animations to visualize every aspect of spreadcoin and its servicenodes.
(they won't be GIFs when finalized but javascript driven realtime animations, but I will have to use GIFs for the ann thread here.)

PS: those simulations are not very accurate and are only here for visualisation purposes.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
Glad I have been buying a few here and there

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! (For me at least)
legendary
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Yep, it's in the birth canal alright.... can't wait to unleash this d(a)emon baby on you guys.
Soon!
legendary
300 SPR for the person that guesses when Georgem goes Legendary (nearest will do).

I'll be paying out tomorrow (unless my hangover is particularly bad) - Georgem just went Legendary.

He still says Hero for me!

Yeah - still hero, either coins101 indeed has a hangover or the forum system is playing a trick on us...  Cheesy

Aaaah.  It was a joke.  Very funny mate Tongue

I'm still paying out, so its no joke Grin

I'll also put up another 300 for when he 'technically' becomes a legend.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
300 SPR for the person that guesses when Georgem goes Legendary (nearest will do).

I'll be paying out tomorrow (unless my hangover is particularly bad) - Georgem just went Legendary.

Yeah - still hero, either coins101 indeed has a hangover or the forum system is playing a trick on us...  Cheesy

Aaaah.  It was a joke.  Very funny mate Tongue
legendary

legendary
spreadcoin.info

legendary

The Force, Luke, use the Force

Happy new year all y'all!

I have a big update (with screenshots) due later today.  Cool

Countdown to new year for me is 11 hours 10 minutes.
legendary
Getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, I've been told off about that in the dev channel, but hey-ho.

As we are getting ever closer to running full Bitcoin nodes, SPR now has economic and technical interests in Bitcoin BIPs progressing professionally.  I think we should consider allocating a portion of data income to BIP development to support them.

This is actually quite a tough challenge. If there is support for this, then the issues become which BIPs get funded, how do you spend the funds, etc, etc.

Thoughts? I might open this up to the Bitcoin discussion thread if there is some support for this idea.
legendary
Decentralize Everything

legendary

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Happy new year all y'all!

I have a big update (with screenshots) due later today.  Cool

Countdown to new year for me is 11 hours 10 minutes.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Are we going off of this timezone's countdown???  Grin Grin Grin
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/newyear.html?p0=282

Looks like they're happening soon

ours is only about 4 hours away here in adelaide australia ...

happy new year guys ...

#crysx

12.5 hours to go in the UK.  Wishing you all a very good 2016  Grin
Jump to: