Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 208. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
yesterday's party did pretty much get out of control.

Happy New Year 2016, the year of SPR  Cool

You too, oh it's gonna be awesome!
Activity: 268
Merit: 250

Happy New Year 2016, the year of SPR  Cool
legendary
spreadcoin.info
hey guys,

I can work better today. Smiley

Stay tuned for update later...

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I am one of those assholes who are playing that game right now. Listen what georgem has to say.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
Not sure what the point of this behaviour is.

Best guesses for this behavior:

1) Keep the SPR price down artificially (some other coin is feeling threatened by SPR going up in market cap)
2) Create a bigger spread, the bigger the spread the higher the profit (buy low, sell high; someone is making some money on this, not a whole lot though)
3) Miner selling without waiting for a buyer (pretty lame but it does happen)

This has been going on for months, I can only assume this will go away as the spread gets smaller and SPR goes up in value.

The price was around .00004 for about a year before this big buy order in one day. Most people speculated that this was some sort of manipulation to gain more spread or cash out for Bitcoin.

Nothing has really changed in the last couple of days to call for a price higher than .00004

Those of us that saw what was happening and had a stash of spread to sell did well

Spread is still worth .00004 at this point, people are paying more because of a frenzy induced by some large volume one day

Those mining and buying at this artificial price and difficulty are the ones getting screwed by this
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
This is just a little noobs trap. georgem said : don't buy into a bubble.

Best guesses for this behavior:

1) Keep the SPR price down artificially (some other coin is feeling threatened by SPR going up in market cap)
2) Create a bigger spread, the bigger the spread the higher the profit (buy low, sell high; someone is making some money on this, not a whole lot though)
3) Miner selling without waiting for a buyer (pretty lame but it does happen)

This has been going on for months, I can only assume this will go away as the spread gets smaller and SPR goes up in value.

EDIT: this is good for people wanting to buy cheap, this looks bad for day traders and people looking for a quick profit. Doesn't make a difference for long term buyers.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
But then I saw that the price on bittrex is only 7k satoshis.
Someone is messing around... they can sell at twice the price instead selling SPR in buy orders...
Now we're at 3k (buy orders) ... Ok now 5k. Yes someone definitely is messing around.
Pick up some cheap SPR while it lasts  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
Someone is messing around... they can sell at twice the price instead selling SPR in buy orders...
Now we're at 3k (buy orders) ... Ok now 5k. Yes someone definitely is messing around.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
I was thinking oh man, the price must be really high, hearing about the guy buying into their own sell walls. But then I saw that the price on bittrex is only 7k satoshis.
Activity: 69
Merit: 100
Cryptocurrencies since 2013 @cryptoPrecise
SpreadCoin is very special in the way that it doesn't want to be another bitcoin or a better bitcoin (which is what 99.99% of altcoins are trying for and are ridiculed every time) however, it is building on top of bitcoin blockchain providing services on a over six billion dollar technology.
SpreadCoin not only provides services on bitcoin blockchain but it also complements it, it helps to fortify the very existence of bitcoin. This is what makes it very attractive to a wide spectrum of users from new comers to bitcoin maximalists.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Another pump?  30BTC / 240,000 SPR traded

http://www.spreadx.eu/markets/bittrex

It's the same person buying their own sell walls. Has about 16-20 bitcoin and has been putting those in the buy book right after the pump. Just probably trying to create some fake volume before the release. Didn't pump it beyond 13k satoshis because there is a 15k spr wall there. At least that is my analysis...

Edit: The reason I think it is the same person is because I have been watching top wallet addresses. The wallet that I had been watching picked up about 15k or so spr on that small pump

I noticed that the 15k wall was still there too.

Oh well, its all good.

Yea, I mean if a 1.7 BTC wall is stopping the pumper, then they won't be doing much more than small volume & price increases hahah.
legendary
Decentralize Everything

It's the same person buying their own sell walls. Has about 16-20 bitcoin and has been putting those in the buy book right after the pump. Just probably trying to create some fake volume before the release. Didn't pump it beyond 13k satoshis because there is a 15k spr wall there. At least that is my analysis...

Edit: The reason I think it is the same person is because I have been watching top wallet addresses. The wallet that I had been watching picked up about 15k or so spr on that small pump

I noticed that the 15k wall was still there too.

Oh well, its all good.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître

Activity: 271
Merit: 251
Just to remind you guys - no test coin givaways! Wink
legendary
Decentralize Everything
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I couldn't find how much amount is needed for each servicenode...

Because there won't be any. It will be determined by the free market.

What is fixed isn't the price, but the amount of allowed servicenodes at any current time.

You'll see, I'll explain in detail later.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
I couldn't find how much amount is needed for each servicenode...
Jump to: