Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 250. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Weird - I solo mined a block today that paid me 6.50 SPR.  Is that including a fee or something?

Must be!  I suppose volume has been 5BTC+ per day for a few days so maybe some larger transaction fees are beginning to occur...

What does the block explorer say?

I have also found some blocks with higher SPR value. I didn't pay attention since now. The biggest block is 6.10xxx SPR and seems correlated to some transactions in the block explorer.
I have a little noobish question about that Smiley Is this an ordinary mining profit or is it because I'm runnig a service node?

Can you give the block number(s)?

Pretty good explorer to check against http://miningcores.com/explorer?id=385

edit

Was it this one? http://miningcores.com/explorer?id=385&height=519679

Roll Eyes
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Weird - I solo mined a block today that paid me 6.50 SPR.  Is that including a fee or something?

Must be!  I suppose volume has been 5BTC+ per day for a few days so maybe some larger transaction fees are beginning to occur...

I have also found some blocks with higher SPR value. I didn't pay attention since now. The biggest block is 6.10xxx SPR and seems correlated to some transactions in the block explorer.
I have a little noobish question about that Smiley Is this an ordinary mining profit or is it because I'm runnig a service node?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Weird - I solo mined a block today that paid me 6.50 SPR.  Is that including a fee or something?

Must be!  I suppose volume has been 5BTC+ per day for a few days so maybe some larger transaction fees are beginning to occur...

legendary
Activity: 1504
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Up almost 40%, looks like the hard work the dev team is putting in is starting to get noticed.

I hope so.  There is so much work going on in the background but we don't want to start shouting about things until we have something to show off.  We've got a pretty special dev team in my humble and biased opionion.

Obviously I wouldn't be involved if I didn't believe in our team and the potential for success but when we make Proof of Bitcoin Node a reality we'll be able to say we did something new and something positive to support bitcoin.  And once PoBN is operating in the wild we'll move on to the next service and by then hopefully we'll have a community large enough to start working on other decentralised apps and services to add to the Spreadcoin portfolio.  If we start off slowly hopefully our deliverables will snowball as our supporters grow in number.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding and this pudding is going to take a few months to cook  Smiley

So this coin looks like is a good investment.

From what I have read on Twitter some day traders have done pretty well out of the periodic market-buy accumulations (like happened yesterday). 

In terms of long term ROI, if we deliver what we plan to deliver then the price will rise if there is any justice in this world.  Who knows though, plenty of shitcoins have briefly done well and plenty of good projects have never taken off.

I personally think the outlook is bright though Smiley
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Up almost 40%, looks like the hard work the dev team is putting in is starting to get noticed.

I hope so.  There is so much work going on in the background but we don't want to start shouting about things until we have something to show off.  We've got a pretty special dev team in my humble and biased opionion.

Obviously I wouldn't be involved if I didn't believe in our team and the potential for success but when we make Proof of Bitcoin Node a reality we'll be able to say we did something new and something positive to support bitcoin.  And once PoBN is operating in the wild we'll move on to the next service and by then hopefully we'll have a community large enough to start working on other decentralised apps and services to add to the Spreadcoin portfolio.  If we start off slowly hopefully our deliverables will snowball as our supporters grow in number.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding and this pudding is going to take a few months to cook  Smiley

So this coin looks like is a good investment.
legendary
Haha, i'm cursed. Every time I sell the price goes up. I don't get it. Sad

Oh well, I still have 2k saved that I plan never to sell (for a long while).  Wink

There is a bounty with your name on it waiting to be collected:

@E1ghtspace

Any chance of a video on how to use Vanity Gen and search for SatoshiNakamoto1?

Bounty: 500 SPR?

edit

Actually, can you also do a second video to show:

* How to send coins to yourself, from one address to another.
* Then another segments to show how to sign a message from yourself: "I am searching for SatoshiNakamoto1 and this is my 500 SPR collateral"
* Explain that the collateral in the new address they are sending funds to with the signed message has to remain unspent or the search is invalidated and their winning funds will rollover to a search for SatoshiNakamoto2. You might have to show what an unspent transaction looks like on the block chain.

Bounty 1,000 SPR.

This bit doesn't need to be included just yet as Georgem is thinking about different ways to make this happen:

* Explain that the collateral in the new address they are sending funds to with the signed message has to remain unspent or the search is invalidated and their winning funds will rollover to a search for SatoshiNakamoto2. You might have to show what an unspent transaction looks like on the block chain.

So - two short videos, 500 SPR each bounty

typo edits
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
Haha, i'm cursed. Every time I sell the price goes up. I don't get it. Sad

Oh well, I still have 2k saved that I plan never to sell (for a long while).  Wink
legendary
Decentralize Everything

Activity: 586
Merit: 500
Waiting for my coins to rise !!
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
This looks really good indeed!! Keep up guys.
Activity: 586
Merit: 500
Waiting for my coins to rise !!
Looks like this coin is having a little pump today. Up 30% and on 1st page of trex.

Nice to see a bit of good exposure for the coin.
legendary
"PoBN is simply a mechanism to help the Bitcoin network combat the declining number of full Bitcoin Nodes by financially incentivising Service Node owners to also run full Bitcoin Nodes."

Coins101 will have to post a link to the latest version of the whitepaper as he is the document controller Cheesy

Once we have produced the 3 / 4 page BIP (Bitcoin Improvement Proposal) and it is ready to be released, we will also release the updated white paper at the same time. So, about 2-3 weeks.

There is still the consideration that the white paper should be released around the same time as service node testing begins, so we have to take that into account.
legendary
Decentralize Everything

Well, our team is proposing to fix Bitcoin for the long-term

Fix it, however large a BTC block ends up.  That's the beauty of the PoBN model.

What is this POBn model and link for white paper please?  Cannot seem to reference from Ann but then again it is quite late and intoxication iis amplified at this altitude..

POBn.  Proof of burn? What I miss?

Lol, are you on the ISS?

Proof of Bitcoin Node. 

See update posted on previous page but here is a brief summary:

"PoBN is simply a mechanism to help the Bitcoin network combat the declining number of full Bitcoin Nodes by financially incentivising Service Node owners to also run full Bitcoin Nodes."

Coins101 will have to post a link to the latest version of the whitepaper as he is the document controller Cheesy
Activity: 630
Merit: 505

Fix it, however large a BTC block ends up.  That's the beauty of the PoBN model.

What is this POBn model and link for white paper please?  Cannot seem to reference from Ann but then again it is quite late and intoxication iis amplified at this altitude..

POBn.  Proof of burn? What I miss?
legendary
Decentralize Everything

legendary
For those that have read the PoBN white paper, thank you.

We have since added a new section which I think will define the SPR project in the Bitcoin space - beyond just aiming to create 3,000 Bitcoin full nodes.

The new section neatly ties together all the streams of ideas we have been discussing and adds a new dimension to Bitcoin that we think can resolve many of the immediate problems Bitcoin is facing.

The p2p exchange will be used in a fascinating way and p2p escrow will be used. Even the finding satoshinakamoto1 van gen competition will have an impact on the success of PoBN.

I once met a very successful VC.  He told me that the project I was supporting at the time was exceptional, but the team's vision wasn't big enough - the management team thought that the business could be sold for £100m. He said that sort of thinking showed lack of ambition.

Well, our team is proposing to fix Bitcoin for the long-term, so I doubt anyone could say we are not being ambitious enough.
legendary
White paper:

...has now been sent to a wide range of peers including current and past members of the Bitcoin foundation for comment.  We expect to release the whitepaper (version 1.0) within the next two weeks.

We have sent it out to a number of bitcoin devs and others. Generally, we have to be grown up and not expect people to respond, even when they said they would, because of various reasons, but mainly: if they respond, they may feel they would run the risk that their name could be associated with an altcoin with unknown intentions. Could they be unwittingly endorsing 'a scam or get rich quick scheme'?

Other observations / feedback:

1. There are many real world examples of people operating outside an inner circle who solve problems that those at the coal face can't solve. Being too close to the detail often means you miss something that people who don't have the baggage of the detail can spot as being an obvious solution. The issue with outsiders finding solutions to problems is: not invented here syndrome.  We come in and say this solves Bitcoin problems; they say....who are you to be telling us how to fix Bitcoin? I have seen it before, you get ignored and a few weeks / months later, someone from the inner circle is getting credit for your ideas which have been dressed up as new and novel.

2. There are some serious issues with our proposals on PoBN. Some of the feedback is around having too many Bitcoin nodes operated by one group.

* What happens when SPR needs a hard fork, for example; what happens to all the Bitcoin nodes during an upgrade?
* One of the biggest issues was having too many Bitcoin nodes on VPSs. In particular, VPS providers are subject to regulatory risks, so there is a centralization issue.

3. One Bitcon developer simply wants to see things running before being able to comment. I think this is the best feedback: 'just get on with it.'
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
brilliantly summarized by stonehedge.

Agree... excellent initiative and good summary... looking forward to the second episode on August 14th  Wink
Jump to: