Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 256. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 732
Merit: 500
Something in development here? Any roadmap?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I would like to propose a $1m reward for finding Satoshi.

Specifically, finding SatoshiNakamoto vanity gen.

By offering 1 Million $ it suddenly becomes attractive to create a specific ASIC that doesn't hash POW but rather SPR addresses.

And doesn't this mean that those insane numbers of trillions of years (based on CPU hashing) will be reduced by a factor of maybe 10^6 or more.... ?

And all of a sudden* this might start awholenother* ASIC race!  Grin

Funny you should say that.

I was actually playing Tribute (by the Pasadenas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_21ceBwwJJ8 ) when I thought about all those USB miners that are now forgotten in corners of bedrooms all over the world (paying tribute to those miners who built the BTC network) and how we could have armies of them again looking for van gens of Satoshi. That's why I upped the stakes to SatoshiNakamoto1.

I doubt you would spend $5m on production lines and die casts to get back $1m, but there could be demand for cheap USB miners searching for van gens that would make some production of ASICs worthwhile.

So, perhaps we can send funds to a BTC escrow and keep building up the overall pot. Who knows, it could get to $10m, $100m, or even $1bn by the time someone finds one address.

I can see it now, grannies all over the world dumping Bingo for USB ASICs van gen mining. Houses all over Scandinavia heated with USB ASICs in every room.

There is a nice fit with the BTC Full node initiative too.

This is ready to go now. Only SPR can have a SatoshiNakamoto1 van gen, for now.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Such a prize would definitely pique my interest  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

By offering 1 Million $ it suddenly becomes attractive to create a specific ASIC that doesn't hash POW but rather SPR addresses.

And doesn't this mean that those insane numbers of trillions of years (based on CPU hashing) will be reduced by a factor of maybe 10^6 or more.... ?

And all of a sudden* this might start awholenother* ASIC race!  Grin

legendary
Perhaps

$100k for SatoshiNakamoto

and

$1m for SatoshiNakamoto1

?

So lets think about this before moving ahead.

* To prevent bots being created, 500 SPR is required in your wallet.
* Adding 500 SPR to your wallet after you find SatoshiNakamoto invalidates payouts.
* You have to send 1 SPR to the successful vanity gen address soon after it is created and provide details of the block that the transaction enters
* The protocol should be allowed to send some SPR to the SPR p2p exchange until $1m worth of BTC is created. Perhaps we should just maintain the funding, even if the fund reaches $100m, or $1bn.
* I'm not going to keep $100k guarantee indefinitely, so when the p2p exchange has $100k of BTC, then I'll remove the guarantee. This will be on a sliding scale, so that as the funds are built up, the guarantee is reduced.
* I'm preferring SatoshiNakamoto1, as it seems there are only 9 iterations on the network 1, 2,....9
legendary
Activity: 1504
A promotion like that would definitely generate interest and buzz in the SPR community like we have never seen before!
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
in the famous words used by many ...

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!! ...

ahem - now back to work Wink ...

#crysx

Well, that wasn't what I was thinking, but if we can all define some rules and a proper campaign, I might consider backing it if needed.

I'd certainly think about liquidating one of my trading accounts into an escrow or something. If needed, the fiat could be transferred into BTC and held in escrow.

First it would be useful to work on some rules, check gaming laws, think about ways the system could be gamed, etc. Ideally, for example, anyone participating would need to have a consistent balance of say 500 or 1,000 SPR and only use a maximum of 4 threads or something like that. Using supercomputers would be uneconomical in terms of power costs for just $100k.

I'd rather figure out a way that we could offer $1m and for funds to go from the network into our p2p exchange and held in BTC.

I know its stupid and risky to show things like this, but so many people just doubt and need to see the money before giving any credence to ideas. Sad, but that's life I guess.

i actually didnt think you were serious ...

not because of the money ... but because it is almost an impossibility to get an address that EXACT - even with a hoard of supercomputers - in any short period of time ...

i would get a 4core vps and have it running 24 / 7 ... maybe 70 of them Wink ...

seriously ... that vanitygen address is SO difficult - but would be highly prized i guess ...

im not that interested in vanity addresses and such - but would be worth having a go ...

this will be interesting Smiley ...

#crysx

Fuck me, when do we start?

Well, just in case, I'm on it already.
legendary

not because of the money ... but because it is almost an impossibility to get an address that EXACT - even with a hoard of supercomputers - in any short period of time ...

i would get a 4core vps and have it running 24 / 7 ... maybe 70 of them Wink ...

seriously ... that vanitygen address is SO difficult - but would be highly prized i guess ...

im not that interested in vanity addresses and such - but would be worth having a go ...

#crysx

Its actually not a bad way to show the security of the public / private key cryptography to average Joe public.

edit

The winner would also have to transfer the keys to verify, which would make the address a collectible that could never be used. It could therefore have lots of collector / trade value, but zero utility value.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

#crysx

Well, that wasn't what I was thinking, but if we can all define some rules and a proper campaign, I might consider backing it if needed.

I'd certainly think about liquidating one of my trading accounts into an escrow or something. If needed, the fiat could be transferred into BTC and held in escrow.

First it would be useful to work on some rules, check gaming laws, think about ways the system could be gamed, etc. Ideally, for example, anyone participating would need to have a consistent balance of say 500 or 1,000 SPR and only use a maximum of 4 threads or something like that. Using supercomputers would be uneconomical in terms of power costs for just $100k.

I'd rather figure out a way that we could offer $1m and for funds to go from the network into our p2p exchange and held in BTC.

I know its stupid and risky to show things like this, but so many people just doubt and need to see the money before giving any credence to ideas. Sad, but that's life I guess.

#crysx
legendary
Perhaps

$100k for SatoshiNakamoto

and

$1m for SatoshiNakamoto1

?

legendary

#crysx

First it would be useful to work on some rules, check gaming laws, think about ways the system could be gamed (bots), etc. Ideally, for example, anyone participating would need to have a consistent balance of say 500 or 1,000 SPR and only use a maximum of 4 threads or something like that. Using supercomputers would be uneconomical in terms of power costs for just $100k.

edits
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

It looks like it would take one thread 380,000,000,000 years to find this vanity gen.

With 8 threads that period drops by quite a few million years.

I was thinking that the chances of finding Satoshi are lower than the odds of winning the lottery, much worse odds.

So we should be confident in providing a $100k, or $1m reward bounty for the first person to find this vanity gen.

Any thoughts?

#crysx
legendary

It looks like it would take one thread 380,000,000,000 years to find this vanity gen.

With 8 threads that period drops by quite a few million years.

I was thinking that the chances of finding Satoshi are lower than the odds of winning the lottery, much worse odds.

So we should be confident in providing a $100k, or $1m reward bounty for the first person to find this vanity gen.

Any thoughts?
Activity: 178
Nodes That Serve
Dump:

Code:
Bittrex: 07/30/2015 08:30:14 PM SELL 0.00005602 10929.96789629 0.61229680

Accumulate:

Code:
Explorer: 504659 2015-07-30 23:14:51 + 10,929.76789629 SPR 291,688.45376404 SPR

legendary
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Could someone share the ports for config file?And working nodes..

The latest wallets should have some good seeds.

http://spreadcoin.info/downloads.php

This video is a great intro to setting up for mining. The config file is pretty simple (see @2.30 minutes).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhDzpiBLDcA
Thanks...
legendary
Activity: 1694
Decentralize Everything
Well....

SPR was launched....but in March 2015 it was born  Grin

Headline targets are 3,000 Bitcoin Full nodes, p2p exchange, automated escrow and start on APIs by July 2016 - plus some other great stuff in the works  Wink

Congratulations everybody!  Cheesy

Yep, this is just the start.... a lot of mindblowing things ahead of us!

Stay tuned...

You've got a lot of people behind you who believe in the vision mate, looking forward to the journey. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Well....

Headline targets are 3,000 Bitcoin Full nodes, p2p exchange, automated escrow and start on APIs by July 2016 - plus some other great stuff in the works  Wink

Congratulations everybody!  Cheesy

Yep, this is just the start.... a lot of mindblowing things ahead of us!

Stay tuned...
legendary
Well....

Activity: 201
Hi!

Good job guys with everything Wink

Could someone share the ports for config file?And working nodes..

What do You mean for config file ports?
If You are talking about rpcport, You can use any free port that suits You.

I have those nodes in the config:
addnode=5.35.253.206
addnode=94.23.23.194
addnode=52.17.253.8
addnode=37.59.18.108

If You need more You can see the network status in the cryptoid block explorer:
addnode=104.238.131.91
addnode=108.61.167.163
addnode=109.2.205.18
addnode=121.121.112.116
addnode=125.73.84.13
addnode=174.21.38.69