Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 255. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

You have created 'auto import.....' can that not generate a date when the key is found and imported into the address book?

That could be part of the rules - must use auto-import to give a found date.

Perhaps bots are just going to be something to put up with?

Sounds like we'll need an entry process...perhaps, sign this 500 SPR transaction as your evidence of entry and the payout will go to that address, once it is used to transact with SatoshiNakamoto1?

This is getting more complicated by the second. lol

To have any validity, everything must be verified thru the blockchain and nothing else. (auto-import is just a simple qt-wallet function)

Maybe they can ask the servicenodes for something that they use to generate the private key, (something that can be proven to have been used and something that involves time). Then once the address is found, the owner has 72 hours to claim the prize.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

You have created 'auto import.....' can that not generate a date when the key is found and imported into the address book?

Sounds like we'll need an entry process...perhaps, sign this 500 SPR transaction as your evidence of entry and the payout will go to that address, once it is used to transact with SatoshiNakamoto1?

To have any validity, everything must be verified thru the blockchain and nothing else. (auto-import is just a simple qt-wallet function)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Is there no way to have the van gen verify the date when SatoshiNakamoto1 is created?

Look at it as if all possible addresses already exist somewhere in the "ether"...

It's not about if an address has been created (they don't have creation dates), but if someone has knowledge about the privatekey of that address.

You can't know if someone knows a specific privatekey (maybe they lie or collaborate with someone else who is the real owner), you can only know with 100% certainty if you yourself know the privatekey or not.
(and even then this doesn't stop other people from also knowing about the same privatekey, although this is extremely incredibly unlikely)

There must be a way to get some verification  Huh

Somekind of decentralized crowdfunding address where all payed in money is held, until some specific event happens.

hm, I need to do some thinking...

legendary
spreadcoin.info
Is there no way to have the van gen verify the date when SatoshiNakamoto1 is created?

Look at it as if all possible addresses already exist somewhere in the "ether"...

It's not about if an address has been created (they don't have creation dates), but if someone has knowledge about the privatekey of that address.

You can't really know if (or when) someone knows a specific privatekey (maybe they lie or collaborate with someone else who is the real owner),
you can only know with 100% certainty if you yourself know the privatekey or not, and when exactly you aquired it.

Well, what you generally can do is demand that people make a payment to themselves from a certain SPR address back to the same SPR address, this can be a good way to prove possession of an address.

But I guess what I am saying is, that with crypto you can never really be sure that a certain user has control over a certain address.

There must be a way to get some verification  Huh

Somekind of decentralized crowdfunding address where all payed in money is held, until some specific event happens.

hm, I need to do some thinking...
legendary

Are we in agreement that the wallet needs to have 500 SPR balance before commencing its search?

There is no reliable way to tie a wallet to a certain address.

To the blockchain, wallets and addresses don't even really exist. (only their derived signatures or publickeys do)

I was thinking about the lucky winner having to demonstrate that their wallet contained 500 SPR before they found the vanity gen.

How would that work?

What I was also thinking is that there needs to be a way to avoid people creating botnets to mine van gens for them. Having to have 500 SPR in your wallet would make botnets impossible unless you wanted to fund a few computers.

There must be a way to get some verification  Huh

legendary
spreadcoin.info

Are we in agreement that the wallet needs to have 500 SPR balance before commencing its search?

There is no reliable way to tie a wallet to a certain address.

To the blockchain, wallets and addresses don't even really exist. (only their derived signatures or publickeys do)
legendary
So lets check everything and get everyone on the same page.

How long before SatoshiNakamoto1 is found?

The 500 SPR needs to be sent from SatoshiNakamoto1, with details of the block published?

We are going to keep building up a BTC fund that is aimed at being around $1m, but it will just keep growing. Some of the coinbase mining rewards will be sent to keep building up this fund, say 1% of SPR?

We will need an SPR > BTC exchange to happen, plus muti-sig escrow.

Anything else?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
When do we start chasing SatoshiNakamoto1 for cash or BTC?

whenever you want ...

im ready Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
When do we start chasing SatoshiNakamoto1 for cash or BTC?
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
does every coin has the goal itself?
i mean why there so many coin out there that look like same coin or copycat..im not talking bad about spreadcoin,,just want to know if this coin has a goal too?

if you read back - there are many ...

some contested - some argued - some criticized and offers suggested ...

but always with goals in mind ...

so the answer is yes - a few goals here ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
does every coin has the goal itself?
i mean why there so many coin out there that look like same coin or copycat..im not talking bad about spreadcoin,,just want to know if this coin has a goal too?
legendary
Activity: 966
Does that show your holdings / balance on Trex, or just the trading data?

Shows the balance of whatever address it is, if you look closely you might recognise one of the example addresses... Wink

I just get the BTC price of whatever currency it is from Bittrex. BTC/US$ price I get from either Bitfinex or Bitstamp.
legendary
I wrote a simple android app to help me keep track of my various crypto holdings, here it is with some example addresses:

It's free on Google Play, some of you may find it useful. Works with BTC, LTC, DASH, and any alt with a Chainz block explorer and a Bittrex trading pair, so it can get the ALT/BTC and US$ value for you. If there's some alt that doesn't work, if it has a working public block explorer and exchange its traded on with public API access then I can add it.

Just updated to v3 which is much faster, if you install it in the next couple of hours you'll probably get v2 and an upgrade message when v3 has settled in.

Might add some email/alarm type notifications for masternode / servicenode / banknode / whatevernode payments when I get the chance.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crouton.lone.mybanknodes&hl=en

Great work, Sir Crouton.

Does that show your holdings / balance on Trex, or just the trading data?
legendary
Activity: 966
I wrote a simple android app to help me keep track of my various crypto holdings, here it is with some example addresses:

It's free on Google Play, some of you may find it useful. Works with BTC, LTC, DASH, and any alt with a Chainz block explorer and a Bittrex trading pair, so it can get the ALT/BTC and US$ value for you. If there's some alt that doesn't work, if it has a working public block explorer and exchange its traded on with public API access then I can add it.

Just updated to v3 which is much faster, if you install it in the next couple of hours you'll probably get v2 and an upgrade message when v3 has settled in.

Might add some email/alarm type notifications for masternode / servicenode / banknode / whatevernode payments when I get the chance.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.crouton.lone.mybanknodes&hl=en
legendary
Yeah, I know. Application Specific  Grin

I was just thinking it would be economical to make small ASICs, not the big bastards because people would go bankrupt from the electricity costs without having any income.

USB miners, people wouldn't notice the costs. Actually, its probably Stonehedge that seeded that idea from his little Sha mining hobby  Wink

I agree, creating smaller devices is always more economically profitable, and not as risky an investment both for the producer and the buyer.

I would love to see a small ASIC device that just does very fast general hashing of
all the common hashing functions currently in use and allows for flexible kinds of inputs.
Meaning you can hash any kind of data.

So it would hash SHA256, RIPEMD-160, all separate X11 functions etc...

and maybe use a buffer of 32-64 Gbyte on the stick so that files that fit on the stick can then be hashed incredibly fast.

The would be the perfect ASIC for van gen.

I'm sure you and Chaos could think up a way to do ASICs for SPR and also van gen mining  Wink
legendary
spreadcoin.info

I was just thinking it would be economical to make small ASICs, not the big bastards because people would go bankrupt from the electricity costs without having any income.

USB miners, people wouldn't notice the costs. Actually, its probably Stonehedge that seeded that idea from his little Sha mining hobby  Wink

I agree, creating smaller devices is always more economically profitable, and not as risky an investment both for the producer and the buyer.

I would love to see a small ASIC device that just does very fast general hashing of
all the common hashing functions currently in use and allows for flexible kinds of inputs.
Meaning you can hash any kind of data.

So it would hash SHA256, RIPEMD-160, all separate X11 functions etc...

and maybe use a buffer of 32-64 Gbyte on the stick so that files that fit on the stick can then be hashed incredibly fast.

The would be the perfect ASIC for van gen.
legendary

legendary
spreadcoin.info
....I thought about all those USB miners that are now forgotten in corners of bedrooms all over the world [...] and how we could have armies of them again looking for van gens of Satoshi.

I am afraid that's not how it works.

Every ASIC is always extremely limited in its use case.

All those past USB miners can't even be used to just act as fast SHA-256 hashers for other projects.
They can only do the very specific double SHA-256 function for very specific inputs coming from pools.

All bitcoin pow asic miners can only do that and nothing else.
So they are and will remain useless forever once their profitability is gone.

ASIC = one-time-use throwaway consumergood.

So an ASIC has much more in common with this than anything else:

This means that for vangen purposes you would need to create a different kind of ASIC that hasn't been created yet (as far as I know)
Jump to: