Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 283. (Read 790393 times)

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
Hey, welcome.  The amount of spreadcoin required to run a servicenode will be variable:

This system of a max of 1440 spreadnodes may very well change by the time they go active, but I would still recommend a couple thousand spr just to be safe.

I want to implement a dynamic amount of max servicenodes that will slowly increase over time.

This is an idea I had 1 month ago (as a response to a discussion I had on spreadcointalk with MyFarm):
(Attention: the numbers mentioned are also 1 month old)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Mr. Spread only wanted to use a max of 1000 MNs.

1440 max MNs was based around an idea I had that this way every MN would on average receive 1 payment a day.

I believe that having twice that (2880) will not solve the problem you describe (the problem of "how will newcomers be able to afford a masternode later in time"),
but only postpone the problem so it will come back and bite us later.

I always advocated for a flexible amount of MNs.

A limit yes, but a flexible one, that increases slowly over time.
This way it gets to act like a limit (that creates competition thru scarcity, and enables price discovery), but it will also have the flexibility to adjust for a large growth of SPR price and what an MN will cost.

I advocate for tying the max amount of MNs to the coinsupply:

Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 1000.

or maybe divide them even further.

Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 1440.

or

Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 2880.

So today (with 1.865 Million coins) this would mean 1865 possible MNs, or 1294, or 647 possible MNs. (total coinsupply divided by 1000, 1440 and 2880)

This is not a fix limit, but a moving target, so let's look how this will change over time:

In 6 Months it will probably be 5000 MNs (or 3472, or 1736 MNs)....

We follow Bitcoins increase in coinsupply curve more or less.

So in about 6 years, we will have 13.85 Million coins.
How many MNs should we have in 6 years?
Based on my three suggestions, it would be 13850, or 9618, or 4809 MNs.

And what does that mean for eternity?
We will have 21000, or 14584 or 7292 MNs.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Hi guys!  I'm checking out what you're doing here, and I'm wondering if someone can explain to me how one buys a service node?  Are they sold on an exchange?  Also, is it still possible to hit a block with a regular gpu or cpu mining without pools?  Or can only larger farms hope to hit a block.  Does this mean p2pool won't work?

Finally, are you planning on privacy features?

Thanks for info Smiley  And I do wish you all good luck!  I've downloaded a wallet, and will give mining a try for a bit, but I suspect it'll be impossible to hit a block ;P

Synchronizing is taking a really long time though I have 8 active connections.  Just so you know Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Saw this article, SPR came to mind with the coming of the servicenodes and possible escrow feature that was determined by the community to be the first application.

http://www.coindesk.com/lhv-bank-backs-wallet-app-built-on-bitcoins-blockchain/

Cheers for that.  I'll add it to the list of projects on my watch list.

And make a note of this one for the escrow, too:

"Ninki holds the other key on our server and this key is accessed via a two-factor authentication code. This means there is no single point of failure."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114513/bitcoinorg-adds-popular-ninki-wallet-that-features-networking-and-invoicing

This seems to be the escrow service we have been thinking about. Just replace 'our servers' with 2FA via our ServiceNodes, and its basically done.

Looks like a great wallet feature set

https://github.com/Ninkip2p/NinkiCordova

No, Georgem - don't add this to the new wallet, yet. lol
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
Saw this article, SPR came to mind with the coming of the servicenodes and possible escrow feature that was determined by the community to be the first application.

Cheers for that.  I'll add it to the list of projects on my watch list.
Activity: 938
@halofirebtc

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Well, there is another important thing we could put into the overview site, a more thorough list of "Recent Events".

As you can see in the header, it says now "Recent Events" instead of Recent Transactions.

The goal will be that in the future we are going to list Events that are not only transactions, but that could be many more interesting things that happened or that you triggered:

1) Backup you made,
2) Wallet expanded the keypool (very important to know)
3) Spare Change went to new Address.
4) more background wallet events that can be interesting to know.
5) Vanity generated an address
6) Servicenode Events, etc..

Maybe the 4 big buttons take too much space away and are not really that helpful.
I think I will reduce the space they occupy and embed a table list that will act as Main Recent Event list.

I think that will be a good idea, because it is also what pretty much all software does in their main overview screen.
For example: Photoshop lists the last pictures I edited, QCreator list the recent projects I worked with, etc...

I think we can't have an overview without a good recent event list.  Smiley

I think I will pass on that for now, so that I can finally release the wallet.
But it will be a future feature for sure.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Can you believe it?

Dashtalk removed my beloved NSFW thread:

https://dashtalk.org/threads/sexy-darkcoin-gifs-pics-no-nudity.1762/

Grin

What took them 1 Year to finally remove it? Change in management?

Whatever, back to spreadcoin.
legendary
Ask GeorgeM what is his previous coding experience?

I have 30 years experience with coding in different languages, and I will also go fully public over the next few months with my identity.

Sorry, I have no time for gifs (SFW or NSWF) anymore, lol, but the community can expect a lot of animations and simulations that will help spreadcoin.

Don't waste your time GeorgeM.  That's exactly the kind of reaction he wants to get.

I hope I'm wrong about who it is.

I've got a good guess, too.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

I have 30 years experience with coding in different languages, and I will also go fully public over the next few months with my identity.

Sorry, I have no time for gifs (SFW or NSWF) anymore, lol, but the community can expect a lot of animations and simulations that will help spreadcoin.

Don't waste your time GeorgeM.  That's exactly the kind of reaction he wants to get.

I was addressing the community to be honest.  Smiley
legendary
Decentralize Everything

legendary
spreadcoin.info

I have 30 years experience with coding in different languages, and I will also go fully public over the next few months with my identity and work (which is dev related).

Sorry, I have no time for gifs (SFW or NSFW (link no longer available  Grin)) anymore, lol, but the community can expect a lot of animations and simulations that will help spreadcoin.

Why not put those talents to good use.

legendary
spreadcoin.info
.....BTW, is it wise to also embed twitter, irc, facebook and others? meh...

nice touch.

Wallets can always be updated. I'm sure we'll need an update, or 10.

Well we should omit stuff that changes too often.
That's why for example I don't want to embed a price ticker, because I don't want to have any external dependencies that can disappear or break.
Not all persons will update their wallet all the time, and I don't want them to see anything "broken" at any time.

I guess the twitter and facebook account is in our control, and will stay so, so I will add them. OK.

Thinking about it, they are a centralized feature  Tongue

The links are embedded.

That's a good point and something I thought of too.

Well, there is another important thing we could put into the overview site, a more thorough list of "Recent Events".

As you can see in the header, it says now "Recent Events" instead of Recent Transactions.

The goal will be that in the future we are going to list Events that are not only transactions, but that could be many more interesting things that happened or that you triggered:

1) Backup you made,
2) Wallet expanded the keypool (very important to know)
3) Spare Change went to new Address.
4) more background wallet events that can be interesting to know.
5) Vanity generated an address
6) Servicenode Events, etc..

Maybe the 4 big buttons take too much space away and are not really that helpful.
I think I will reduce the space they occupy and embed a table list that will act as Main Recent Event list.

I think that will be a good idea, because it is also what pretty much all software does in their main overview screen.
For example: Photoshop lists the last pictures I edited, QCreator list the recent projects I worked with, etc...

I think we can't have an overview without a good recent event list.  Smiley
legendary
...another bump bitch

Welcome to the thread.

Evidently a hard core Darkcoin supporter as he seems to know quite a lot about the team, Vertoe's input into Darkcoin, etc.

You would know that dealing with Darkcoin's trolls that infested that thread was one of my hobbies. You are just another type of troll.

Bring it on bump bitch, nr.2.
legendary
Decentralize Everything
Wallet button:  Click here to send coins, view your transactions, manage your address book and backup your wallet.
Mining button:  Click here to view current and historical network mining data.
Settings button:  Click here to change local network settings, application behaviour and display options.

You are correct in that we don't need to mention to people that they can use CPU miner.
But in the future we should work on an update to embed the GPU miner into the wallet, and then it will make sense to mention mining again.

Also: for upcoming testnet wallet the CPU mining process will ofcourse be relevant again because that's where our tSPR will come from.

Just about to have some dinner.  I'll have a think and be back later.

GPU miner would be amazing.  The only problem is that it takes quite a lot of tweaking to get the best out of a GPU...I wonder how hard it would be to have decent settings for most cards?

EDIT:  ^^ Interesting.  A newbie account signed up just to troll cache and SPR whilst pretending to be Chinese.
legendary

nice touch.

That's why for example I don't want to embed a price ticker, because I don't want to have any external dependencies that can disappear or break.
Not all persons will update their wallet all the time, and I don't want them to see anything "broken" at any time.

I guess the twitter and facebook account is in our control, and will stay so, so I will add them. OK.

Thinking about it, they are a centralized feature  Tongue

The links are embedded.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

nice touch.

That's why I don't want to embed a price ticker, because I don't want to have any external dependencies that can disappear or break.

Yeah keep beating around the bush, you should also add some sexy NSFW gifs to the wallet while you are at it. That is the only thing you know how to do well after all.  Is funny how you all keep acting like this has a future after MrSpread left, reality is it does not. MrSpread programmed himself into a corner, he noticed his idea would not work and just left, period.

Now you have no real development, keep decorating that wallet and adding silly things that dont help anyone. Georgem has no idea what he is doing. All good he can have all the fun he wants, learning about cryptocoins. But that is all this is a kid's playground.

Coins101 will continue hyping, and coming up with a bunch of use cases for "servicenodes" that dont exist. Hey I can do that too: escrow, Bitcoin nodes, etc. Anyone can list a bunch of applications, you guys have no way of implementing.  We can wait till Georgem learns how to code in 2025, truth is after MrSpread left this is just a  Coding C++ for dummies project.

Ask GeorgeM what is his previous coding experience?   Who else is going to help? Chaositec? Who only recently joined this project because it was cheap enough? Oh wait no? He must be back in the cruise ship for another two weeks, plus another average developer, a little better than George at least who is no developer at all.

Where are all the sexy Spread gifs? Maybe you should add that to the wallet to justify this sh*tcoin existence.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Wallet button:  Click here to send coins, view your transactions, manage your address book and backup your wallet.
Settings button:  Click here to change local network settings, application behaviour and display options.

You are correct in that we don't need to mention to people that they can use CPU miner.
But in the future we should work on an update to embed the GPU miner into the wallet, and then it will make sense to mention mining again.

Also: for upcoming testnet wallet the CPU mining process will ofcourse be relevant again because that's where our tSPR will come from.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Very nice!  Cheesy

What about VanityGen?

Can you do something with keywords like "unique addresses", "stand out", "individual", "create your own", "automatic" or "runs in background".

Something like that.
legendary
Decentralize Everything

legendary
spreadcoin.info

nice touch.

Jump to: