Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 285. (Read 790393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
But keep in mind that we already have a section of the header reserved for "network information":

so I am not sure

More along the lines of

And people hardly ever know about things like halving dates, or emissions smoothing calculations in the case of SPR
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

the emissions curve...brb
Plus, main features?

found it:

On second thought, all those specifications can easily fill up the whole overview site, so maybe we are going to need an additional screen JUST for the specifications,
and link to it from the overview screen.

Let's do it like this.

I'd rather want the structure of the overview screen to stay clean:

1) Introductory text + Important Messages (followed by a small button called "Spreadcoin - Specification" which leads to the specification screen)

2) Boxes in the middle that explain the main cageories within the wallet.
(e.g. Wallet (Pic + title), go here if you want to receive or send SPR or take a look at any transaction, blablabla)

3) Important links at the bottom.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
I really like having the core fundamentals like block time etc somewhere within the wallet too.

Indeed,

the question is just, do we want this information to go into the "Network Overview" constantly visible in the header?

Or do we want to put it as secondary information in the not constantly visible overview page.

So this is about priority.

My vote is for secondary information but easily findable.

Well, it's not an either or. We can use both.

I like that the network box in the header informs us about things that are changing on a per minute basis.

Secondary information should be everything else.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
I really like having the core fundamentals like block time etc somewhere within the wallet too.

Indeed,

the question is just, do we want this information to go into the "Network Overview" constantly visible in the header?

Or do we want to put it as secondary information in the not constantly visible overview page.

My vote is for secondary information but easily findable.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Indeed,

legendary
spreadcoin.info
If it was perfect, it wouldn't need improvement Wink

Give me a few mins to bounce a few ideas around like a squash ball in my skull.

Now you are talking!
legendary
Decentralize Everything
legendary
Decentralize Everything
If it was perfect, it wouldn't need improvement Wink

Give me a few mins to bounce a few ideas around like a squash ball in my skull.
legendary

Any chance you could post your sig code. Mine needs an update.

I've got to run. back in 20mins
legendary
spreadcoin.info
"Welcome to SpreadCoin, the project that is building a network where any application or service can be run in a decentralised manner."

I like it, but still....

This is concentrating too much on the future, and not so much on what we already have achieved.

I understand and respect your opinion on this but I also think a balance needs to be struck.

In project management the short, mid and long term goals of a project should be advertised and agreed by the project sponsors who in this case are the open source community at large.  Focussing on what we are doing right now is missing a chance to gain direction and support from the wider community in the future.

I can't think of an argument for not mentioning what is on the roadmap in the wallet.

I agree with that.

I was just saying, your wording was focusing completely on the future.
What I want is some balance that also mentions the present.

If you could extend the wording ...

Its a tricky balance!  I think I need another coffee!

"Welcome to SpreadCoin, the project that is building a network where any application or service can be run in a decentralised manner."

See, I could never come up with such a line, that's why I need your help with this.
But I want you to make it MORE perfect.

Cool
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Plus, main features?

That's an interesting point.
I know of no wallet that informs the user about its specifications WITHIN the wallet.
So you are always forced to go visit the official site / blockexplorer to even know such things as blocktime, current blockreward, port, etc...

So, we could very well reuse part of the overview screen for such information.

But keep in mind that we already have a section of the header reserved for "network information":

so I am not sure
legendary
Decentralize Everything

I like it, but still....

This is concentrating too much on the future, and not so much on what we already have achieved.

I understand and respect your opinion on this but I also think a balance needs to be struck.

In project management the short, mid and long term goals of a project should be advertised and agreed by the project sponsors who in this case are the open source community at large.  Focussing on what we are doing right now is missing a chance to gain direction and support from the wider community in the future.

I can't think of an argument for not mentioning what is on the roadmap in the wallet.

I agree with that.

Its a tricky balance!  I think I need another coffee!
legendary

Plus, main features?

found it:

legendary
spreadcoin.info

The QT splashscreen looks like this already:

yes, and it looks great. So why not keep the theme in the wallet when its open?

Yes, we can start the introductory text with "Decentralize everything" as title...

but what follows then?

Can we get protocol versions in there, keep them updated so people know which is the latest?

Yes, that's what the alert system is here for.
Once we start using it, the main devs can trigger alert messages for all kinds of things.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

I like it, but still....

I agree with that.

legendary

Yes, we can start the introductory text with "Decentralize everything" as title...

but what follows then?

Can we get protocol versions in there, keep them updated so people know which is the latest?

legendary
Decentralize Everything

I like it, but still....

legendary

but what follows then?

moon?
legendary
spreadcoin.info

but what follows then?
legendary
spreadcoin.info

I like it, but still....

Keep in mind, we can change the text with every following wallet version, so we should stay rather specific on the current state of the wallet.
Jump to: