Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 95. (Read 790391 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
GO SPREADCOIN!

I don't know much about your vanity gen problem. But, I am curious... what is your avatar? lol

ah yes the avatar. well seeing how you are the 1st fellow bitcointalk community member to ask that question
i wont give my standard " oh now that would be telling!"  response (with the accompanying gene wilder meme or some such)

so that is an old Irfanview (great piece of free imaging software btw)inverted cropped pic of yours truly sporting wrap around sun glasses
that has been run thru some sort of image altering algorithm like a billion times.
its a leftover file from the album cover i created for a bunch of recordings i made back in my artsy fartsy song writing days.

https://soundcloud.com/sirazimuth  (myself and late musical genius partner in crime... RIP Eric )

oops almost forgot....

GO SPREADCOIN!!
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
so i could never get that vanity gen thing to work when i upgraded to latest wallet a few months ago.
wasnt bothered as everything else worked fine.
finally just upgraded my main pc to v0.9.16.1 wallet. so both my pcs are now running it.
no issues except i tried the vanity gen thingy again just fer shitz n giggles and same thing. wtf?
to wit...i click in the "create pattern' field and curser appears but nothing happens when i try to enter characters.
its like a "dead" field.
not that it really matters. i mean i dont think i'll lose any sleep over the fact that i dont have
"Sirazimuthspreadthedogsbollocksminer2016" for my spread addy. Grin
but i was just curious, is this a windows 10 thing or what? anyone else with same issue? or am i missing something?
(more than likely...the latter)

oh yeah....

GO SPREADCOIN!

I should be able to post you the private keys for your birthday in 2155594898749874 years.

I'll probably need to set a calendar reminder to buy a card.
legendary
Interesting.....checking...

Mike Hearn said something along the lines of:

"Just build it"

GMaxwell said something along the lines of:

"What about the sybil problem?" and 'he'll watch how things progress.'

Gavin Andrseen said something along the lines of:

"    "

Creating a layer two solution using an altcoin solves a huge number of problems, in particular how to validate a full node is a full node and not an army of fake nodes just sitting there getting rewarded but not serving the network. But the downside of using an altcoin as a layer two solution until it can be pegged as a bitcoin sidechain is "it's an altcoin" - code for, I'd rather bitcoin dies than let an altcoin help.

Have you looked at the inner workings of how Siacoin proves that a host holds data that it claims?

Its something along the lines of asking for a random piece of data from what is stored and asking for a checksum of that random data thereby "proving" the hoster actually has what they say they do.

No. I wasn't aware of that aspect of Siacoin. I'll look into it, thanks.

I'm cross-posting to SPR.
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
Ni dieu ni maître
Why not tie servicenodes into something trivial as a placeholder until blockexplorer/ proof of bitcoin node is realized?  It would allow for the dynamic node competition aspect to play out, while rewarding long time supporters of this project and attracting new investors.  You could essentially tie it to cpu mining using mr. spread's implementation, further strengthening the network and achieving a price point that would help make requiring users to run a full bitcoin node profitable when the time approaches.

There's no doubt that it would attract some people to the coin. Let's not do anything so drastic just yet. I still need to buy more   Tongue
legendary
My first Vanity address:

SUGARFLYiHgA7wxeNHaEYJmpwXaQtohnCo

Smiley

-sf-

that's bad ass. Now you have posted it in public, put that in your sig  Wink
Activity: 135
Merit: 100
Zettel-Dolphin
My first Vanity address:

SUGARFLYiHgA7wxeNHaEYJmpwXaQtohnCo

Smiley

-sf-
legendary
Why not tie servicenodes into something trivial as a placeholder until blockexplorer/ proof of bitcoin node is realized?  It would allow for the dynamic node competition aspect to play out, while rewarding long time supporters of this project and attracting new investors.  You could essentially tie it to cpu mining using mr. spread's implementation, further strengthening the network and achieving a price point that would help make requiring users to run a full bitcoin node profitable when the time approaches.

Good idea. If possible, it would be good to get something like this going.
Activity: 171
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Why all the drama? We just had a decent update and things are looking pretty good.

I think it was just a bunch of pent up frustration. Probably a bit of impatience mixed in there as well. Momentum will start to build again here and people will be back. I am not concerned.

coins had some good advice - close your wallet and come back in 6 months. Although, he forgot to say "buy" which is a key component of my waiting strategy.  Grin

pretty much my strategy also - though 'mine' is more to the point with me ...

#crysx
Ni dieu ni maître
GO SPREADCOIN!

I don't know much about your vanity gen problem. But, I am curious... what is your avatar? lol
Ni dieu ni maître
Why all the drama? We just had a decent update and things are looking pretty good.

I think it was just a bunch of pent up frustration. Probably a bit of impatience mixed in there as well. Momentum will start to build again here and people will be back. I am not concerned.

coins had some good advice - close your wallet and come back in 6 months. Although, he forgot to say "buy" which is a key component of my waiting strategy.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
so i could never get that vanity gen thing to work when i upgraded to latest wallet a few months ago.
wasnt bothered as everything else worked fine.
finally just upgraded my main pc to v0.9.16.1 wallet. so both my pcs are now running it.
no issues except i tried the vanity gen thingy again just fer shitz n giggles and same thing. wtf?
to wit...i click in the "create pattern' field and curser appears but nothing happens when i try to enter characters.
its like a "dead" field.
not that it really matters. i mean i dont think i'll lose any sleep over the fact that i dont have
"Sirazimuthspreadthedogsbollocksminer2016" for my spread addy. Grin
but i was just curious, is this a windows 10 thing or what? anyone else with same issue? or am i missing something?
(more than likely...the latter)

oh yeah....

GO SPREADCOIN!
I think the answer is yes, but it depends if it's based off the original bitcoin client.

Georgem pushed the details to Github a while back

https://github.com/servicenodes/genesisextractor

If you can use the extractor, you should be good to go.

tanx coins ...

you are always a wealth of help ...

granite is still using the original ( though recently updated - but still mostly original ) code - which is based on the older bitcoin code - which most coins are ...

so it may be that it will work right off the bat ...

ill have a look and see ...

tanx again mate ...

#crysx
legendary
I think the answer is yes, but it depends if it's based off the original bitcoin client.

Georgem pushed the details to Github a while back

https://github.com/servicenodes/genesisextractor

If you can use the extractor, you should be good to go.
hi all ...

just a simple question - more aimed at georgem unless someone knows the answer ...

the wallet shows the icons and listing of the various coins ... will they be hardcoded into wallet - or will the wallet just 'see' the daemons it will be able to access?

ie - if i wanted to add our coin granite in there also - will i be able to see it in the list? ...

#crysx
Activity: 525
Merit: 510
Activity: 178
Nodes That Serve

So, to sum it up, this is the progress about the first of the three main things that keep me occupied right now:

1) Spreadwallet
2) Spreadminer (more info soon)
3) Servicenodes (more info about P2P and overlay research soon)

legendary
Confirmation coming back to the SPR network blockchain following handshake between Spreadcoin and Bitcoin (within the Spreadwallet).

Code:
QStringList addresses;

Q_FOREACH(const PAIRTYPE(CScript, CAmount)& sendingTo, sendingTos) {
+        opcodetype scriptOp;
+        CScript::const_iterator pc = sendingTo.first.begin();
+        sendingTo.first.GetOp(pc, scriptOp);
+
+        // Only allow zero value OP_RETURNs
+        if (scriptOp == OP_RETURN) {
+            std::vector data;
+            opcodetype opcode;
+            sendingTo.first.GetOp(pc, opcode, data);
+            if (sendingTo.second != 0) {
+                Q_EMIT message(tr("Payment request rejected"),
+                    tr("OP_RETURN scripts must be zero value."),
+                    CClientUIInterface::MSG_ERROR);
+                return false;
+            }
+        }
+
         // Extract and check destination addresses
         CTxDestination dest;
         if (ExtractDestination(sendingTo.first, dest)) {

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/7376/commits/7119c9cefdca06bbaf79b574a095c168b8f6633c

Lets just bump that together for ease of reference
legendary
Just moving on from all the exciting discussions....one thought on solving the sybil problem: making the spreadcoin daemon and the Bitcoin daemon pay for verifying parts of a message they get from a random selection of ServiceNodes. If the message fails to be validated, the servicenode gets bumped off the network. Also, having to pay fees to broadcast the message means taking a risk on paying out before getting payment back for running the servicenode.

This has some problems, but I'm quite liking some of the features:

What I like:

1. The completed recompiled message needs all the service nodes to agree on what they broadcast so its hard to fake your portion of the message

2. Fees are involved to broadcast your part of the message. This stops thousands of fake nodes being launched on bots, because you have to fund them before getting your money back from payments.

3. If a service node gets its portion of the message wrong or is not accepted, it gets a point deduction. Get enough point deductions, and you get banned from receiving payments

4. The payment of servicenodes is not directly tied to this process. This means it doesn't really matter how long it takes to validate a message - well, it doesn't have to be done instantly.

5. The Spredcoin and Bitcoin wallet apps are within the new Spreadwallet (you know, the PhotoShop one)

Thoughts?

Pages:
Jump to: