Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 230. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
This coin looks more and more like a scam,a sophosicated scam.
so called 'solo mining' huh?
Here is the pool -- http://spr.nonce-pool.com/

No one said you couldn't create a pool for it - we said any miner can steal the blocks they mine. Which is probably why no one can sign up.

Also, were it a real private pool, it would likely be behind authentication - who the hell would be stupid enough to host a public pool for SPR with private signup, showing everyone that they can do it?

FUD, FUD, and more FUD to lower the price. Just buy now and save yourself some effort.
Saddly,it is not a fud,I've tried it,less than  5 mins,blocks were found.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
uuh, looks like a coordinated troll attack, coupled with synchronized dumping.
I wonder why?  Grin
This coin looks more and more like a scam,a sophosicated scam.
so called 'solo mining' huh?
Here is the pool -- http://spr.nonce-pool.com/
Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

Sorry for wasting your time with this cryptocurrency Sad

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

And you guys fell for this ?! Shocked

You allegedly easymined 80k during the first month and neglected to create a single back up ?

No cold storage. Nary a private key to be found.

GTFO !
Dishonest devs don't deserve trust.
Mr.spread,plz prove you've really lost 80K SPR.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

No we didn't, that's exactly why it was not done. The donation proposal was mine, and this was a response to it. Please do not "cherry pick" posts from the forum in order to prove a point that no one cares about.

Just to remind you, if he had said: "I have instamined too few coins, and want more to keep developing the coin because i am a greedy bbastard", we would have donated in the same way, because we wanted to reward him for developing the coin. You don't seem to get that. The community of early adopters WANTED to give him a reward for having created the coin, and we did so. So please, your point was made, you don't trust Mr. Spread, and that's fine. You don't like this coin and that's fine too. We got it. If you have NEW concerns, please post them, but stop repeating yourself.

I'm not dismissing you as a troll because about one in ten out of your posts brings real concerns and constructive criticisms, but those are the ones where you actually write what you think, not the ones where you place lots of quotes, and Complex question fallacies full of passive aggressiveness. So if you keep posting the good ones, the real criticism without malice or implied accusations, you are really welcome as a member of this community. But please, it's getting tiresome to keep separating the wheat from the chaff and if you keep acting that way you'll fatally be ignored in the end.

That's a horrible signal-to-noise ratio. Hit my "ignore the troll" threshold a long time ago.

I'm sure we've all had the experience of standing at a set of traffic lights waiting to cross the road when some idiot in a hotted up hoon-mobile does a massive burn out, making all this noise and commotion as they tear off from the traffic lights with fumes and burning rubber left behind for us all to breath and be immersed in. In that person's mind they're thinking: "Man, I really showed those people standing there and in the other cars what a hot and super happening dude I am who has the wheels to match; yeah baby, I rock!" But in reality everyone's thinking: "What a fuckwit! Man-oh-man, what sort of bizarre growing-up dysfunction was that guy exposed to that he thinks what he's just done is even on the 'cool' scale at all, let alone a fair way up it! What a complete jerk!"

As so it goes for Hippie Tech. This is how these people function. They're in this bizarre parallel world where they actually think that the stuff they do is "pretty damned good" and that people will think "yeah he really showed em!" But in reality, everyone just thinks they're a total prick.

And that pretty much sums you up Hippie. You're a dick mate. You come in here and throw all this shit around and actually believe you're doing something half decent. But, you're not. You're just making a total fool of yourself by picking out selective texts and attempting to discredit through imbalanced postings that are neither accurate nor reasonable. Your obvious agenda is to malign and rubbish Spread. But in doing so you're a most pathetic waste-of-space because it's so childish and so lame.

Give it away. Go back to things that are of worth and of use to you, because Spread clearly isn't. Go and do stuff that helps, not hinders. Reach deep within to find empathy (we all have it) and use that empathy to direct your actions and your objectives. You'll feel all the better to wake up each day knowing you're off to do useful stuff that will bring respect rather than just trying to bring other people down.

Go away and leave the people here alone. If you think it's all folly, fair enough, you've said your piece, now leave (and don't come back unless you're prepared to add value, not just put shit on everything and everyone).
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Let the games begin!  Cool Is there a guide for the masternode testing? Would like to help but I am not that technical. Tongue
Activity: 121
Great news!  Thank you for all the hard work.

Mr. Spread, are you able to release the minimum required SPR for a masternode as of yet?
This minimum doesn't mean much because price will go higher anyway. 100 SPR looks reasonable.
when will the testnet be released??  Huh
legendary
spreadcoin.info
If anybody has any ideas or wishes for future spreadcoin features he would like to see, please post them in this thread:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34.0

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!

[misplaced quote without context removed]

we were scammed?  Huh

Yes, please sell all your spreadcoin to me for half the price so you can get out of it.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
That's a horrible signal-to-noise ratio. Hit my "ignore the troll" threshold a long time ago.

Yeah, also trolls are starting to boost their signal by using sock puppet accounts: "OMG, We were scammed?"  Roll Eyes
Activity: 137
Bad news  Sad

No we didn't, that's exactly why it was not done. The donation proposal was mine, and this was a response to it. Please do not "cherry pick" posts from the forum in order to prove a point that no one cares about.

Just to remind you, if he had said: "I have instamined too few coins, and want more to keep developing the coin because i am a greedy bbastard", we would have donated in the same way, because we wanted to reward him for developing the coin. You don't seem to get that. The community of early adopters WANTED to give him a reward for having created the coin, and we did so. So please, your point was made, you don't trust Mr. Spread, and that's fine. You don't like this coin and that's fine too. We got it. If you have NEW concerns, please post them, but stop repeating yourself.

I'm not dismissing you as a troll because about one in ten out of your posts brings real concerns and constructive criticisms, but those are the ones where you actually write what you think, not the ones where you place lots of quotes, and Complex question fallacies full of passive aggressiveness. So if you keep posting the good ones, the real criticism without malice or implied accusations, you are really welcome as a member of this community. But please, it's getting tiresome to keep separating the wheat from the chaff and if you keep acting that way you'll fatally be ignored in the end.

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
Bad news  Sad

we were scammed?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
Bad news  Sad

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

What is a good and "fair" altcoin and why in your opinion then?

If you spent more time reading my posts (instead of editting them) you wouldn't be asking that question.

I can read only so much whining a day so can you just mention a coin or two, thanks.

Did I miss hippie's response to my question about fair alts? Links please. Smiley

If/when I come across one, you'll be the first to know.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
As you can see I was one that donated as I had spent a lot of time with Mr. Spread and did talked a lot with him , he has always been upfront and a real please to speak to him , I donated 2179 SPR as I felt he was genuine and has always done what he has said , SPR is a great coin and I see it having a huge future , I havent said much for a while as I have been working on my own projects , but have been mining , trading and saving SPR and reading the thread all the time , so let the haters hate , he has proven himself as far as I am concerned and will continue to support SPR in my own way , I launched a exchange and it is listed there , but its funny that after all these months , someone whom is obviously bored or has a hatred for something that is actually doing what it is suppose to do starts moaning randomly on a thread , I believe the medication needs to be increased!!

Well, I'm glad all this has long been resolved, and that Mr. Spread has both enough SPR and enough time to continue working (fulltime I hope?) on this project.

I'm going to help in whatever way my skills allow.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
This happened less than a page after the quotes you provided (a month or so after launch)...I'm not sure if we are supposed to be discussing conspiracy here but it seems that the issue was dismissed...

This would be a hell of a lot of work for everyone, and would also lower the credibility of the coin and kill it for good. I stick with the donations. As I said, i can setup a pool and have like 10% of the coins mined donated to you. Can you estimate how much was lost? I think knowing that amount is essential to making the decision.
Yeah, this was bad idea. I was mining from the beginning on several PCs, there were about 80k coins.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8599670
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have proof that the former proposition went forward then post it.  Otherwise, conjecture is kind of predictable and lost on me (Omission of information is a bummer of a birthmark)...because it looks like the issue was dismissed and community supported.

Meanwhile, if Mr Spread can't code MasterNodes the way he claims then your arguments are moot.  If he can then I suppose they are still moot.

Cheers!

As you can see I was one that donated as I had spent a lot of time with Mr. Spread and did talked a lot with him , he has always been upfront and a real please to speak to him , I donated 2179 SPR as I felt he was genuine and has always done what he has said , SPR is a great coin and I see it having a huge future , I havent said much for a while as I have been working on my own projects , but have been mining , trading and saving SPR and reading the thread all the time , so let the haters hate , he has proven himself as far as I am concerned and will continue to support SPR in my own way , I launched a exchange and it is listed there , but its funny that after all these months , someone whom is obviously bored or has a hatred for something that is actually doing what it is suppose to do starts moaning randomly on a thread , I believe the medication needs to be increased!!
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
OMG

Weekly Round-up
Week Beginning: 01/19
Week Ending: 01/25

The following are the gains netted from this weeks Private Picks. The largest returns came from UIS, OPAL, SBIT and MNE

Members netted gains totaling 780% this week. Next weeks coins are already primed for accumulation!

Happy trading!

COIN OF THE WEEK

SpreadCoin

Although unnoticed by many, SPR has been trending upwards for the entire month of January. Starting from Jan 4th, SPR began it's glorious ascent from 19,000 Satoshi and landed 69,960 Satoshi on Jan 23rd - a 280% climb. This long-term move grinded to a halt yesterday. But don't look away just yet, SPR is definitely a coin to lend some attention to.

Maybe the price going down the other day was part of their pump plan.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
can we mine on testnet already?

Or are we waiting for a new version first?
The new version will have a new genesis block.

It will also have 1/1000 the difficulty, so we can create our testcoins easier.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014

The new version will have a new genesis block.
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Jump to: