Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 231. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Yes, lets encourage people to blindly trust someone who we know absolutely nothing about and, just like eduffield, continually makes insider/whale friendly changes. NO ONE will ever get scammed that way ! Genius ! Roll Eyes

Btw.. how secure and decentralized do your precious MNs look to everyone now ?

Yes ! Roll Eyes A multi faceted ponzi is exactly what a dev making fraudulent claims of true decentralization needs !

Fyi.. the 800 mhash whales and insiders will use their unfair advantage to price 99% of you out of the market.

I'll let your imagination decide how their greed and (3rd party Shocked ) control of the network will affect things.

@eduffield and chums and/or wannabe's ..

Have you ever legitimately EARNED anything in life ?

What is a good and "fair" altcoin and why in your opinion then?

If you spent more time reading my posts (instead of editting them) you wouldn't be asking that question.

I can read only so much whining a day so can you just mention a coin or two, thanks.

Did I miss hippo's response to my question about fair alts? Links please. Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
This happened less than a page after the quotes you provided (a month or so after launch)...I'm not sure if we are supposed to be discussing conspiracy here but it seems that the issue was dismissed...

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

This would be a hell of a lot of work for everyone, and would also lower the credibility of the coin and kill it for good. I stick with the donations. As I said, i can setup a pool and have like 10% of the coins mined donated to you. Can you estimate how much was lost? I think knowing that amount is essential to making the decision.
Yeah, this was bad idea. I was mining from the beginning on several PCs, there were about 80k coins.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8599670
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have proof that the former proposition went forward then post it.  Otherwise, conjecture is kind of predictable and lost on me (Omission of information is a bummer of a birthmark)...because it looks like the issue was dismissed and community supported.

Meanwhile, if Mr Spread can't code MasterNodes the way he claims then your arguments are moot.  If he can then I suppose they are still moot.

Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Bad news  Sad
I was too careless and lost all my mined spreadcoins. I contacted several data recovery companies and most probably it will be impossible to recover my wallet. Without these spreadcoins I will have no incentive to futher develop and support SpreadCoin.

Sorry for wasting your time with this cryptocurrency Sad

I think I found a way to recover my spreadcoins but you may not like it.

As I lost my wallet.dat I don't know exactly what blocks I mined and exactly how many coins I had.
I can approximately determine block before which my lost coins are situated. Everyone who have mined coins before this block will send them to him/herself (this can be made automatic). This will mean that this coins are not mine. Then, using some hack and releasing a new client I can send myself amount of the rest coins (or maybe less, say 80%).

This rasises two concerns:
1. What if someone will forgot to send coins to him/herself? These coins will still be spendable so he/she will not lost them. This raises the second concern:
2. What if I am a scammer and want just to double my coins, keeping old ones and getting new ones? The only way to prevent this that I see is to limit the percentage of presumably lost coins that can be spend but this is not trivial.

What do you think about such a plan? Is it acceptable in you opinion?

P.S. This way there is no need for anyone to donate coins to me.

And you guys fell for this ?! Shocked

You allegedly easymined 80k during the first month and neglected to create a single back up ?

No cold storage. Nary a private key to be found.

GTFO !
Activity: 121
Merit: 100
Well done Mr. Spread!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9842069

Man, I'm feeling better and better about owning SPR!
More and more DRK fans may join SPR. Grin

I'll be running DRK and SPR Masternodes side by side on all my VPS instances. Plus a few new ones... Smiley

(Don't worry guys, setting up and running a Masternode is really easy.)
so exactly what is a masternode? and what does it cost to own one? Also do we need to mine this coin to have a msternode? Also what would the price be for a masternode 500 SpreadCoin for each one?
Here is a great explanation on what a masternode is and how it works... Basically everything you need to know.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

Edit:
What's so good about having a masternode?

EVERTHING ! .. if you're one of the few who were allowed to instamine the freakin crap out DRK.

I was disappointed when I learned about the SPR gpu miner and private key mining option. Now this masternode talk is making me cringe.

Are you guys done with centralizing this alleged decentralized coin ? Whats next ? Huh
He even admits DRK was instamined.
In this point ,he is right ,DRK WAS instamined within the first 24hour and the first weeks.
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Can we just ignore and not feed that hippo and talk about something serious ?
I agree lets not feed into whatever he is trying to say about this coin and keep this thread on a positive and upbeat note Wink I never got into SpreadCoin until I think like end of November or early December and I haven't had a single complaint about anything that this coin has been doing or having to buy all my SpreadCoin because I lack the mining power to mine the coins myself.  I am quite content with the coin and the community and the progress that is being made with this coin and quite fortunate that the majority of my coins I was able to score right before majority of people have caught wind of this coin because I know that if everything goes according to plan this coin will be worth the investment Smiley Until then I will continue to SPREAD the word about this wonderful coin and it's very helpful community Smiley Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014
Well done Mr. Spread!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9842069

Man, I'm feeling better and better about owning SPR!
More and more DRK fans may join SPR. Grin

I'll be running DRK and SPR Masternodes side by side on all my VPS instances. Plus a few new ones... Smiley

(Don't worry guys, setting up and running a Masternode is really easy.)
so exactly what is a masternode? and what does it cost to own one? Also do we need to mine this coin to have a msternode? Also what would the price be for a masternode 500 SpreadCoin for each one?
Here is a great explanation on what a masternode is and how it works... Basically everything you need to know.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/darkcoin-update-masternode-requirements-masternode-payments.225/

Edit:
What's so good about having a masternode?

EVERTHING ! .. if you're one of the few who were allowed to instamine the freakin crap out DRK.

I was disappointed when I learned about the SPR gpu miner and private key mining option. Now this masternode talk is making me cringe.

Are you guys done with centralizing this alleged decentralized coin ? Whats next ? Huh
He even admits DRK was instamined.
Activity: 121
Can we just ignore and not feed that hippo and talk about something serious ?
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1290
Did I miss anyone's response to my questions about Mr. Spread's missing 80k ? Links please. Smiley

Are you a recent purchaser of the Hippie Tech a/c? I'd have expected a hero member to know to read carefully the first couple of months posts because that's when scamdevs invariably give themselves away. Had you read the posts, you wouldn't be asking the questions. I would also have expected a hero member to have noted palmdetroit's commit of diffplot code to the cpuminer1.2 branch and taken account of that fact. I'd also expect a hero member to draw from a variety of sources such as the darkcointalk thread on Spreadcoin and have seen: “After seeing this thread here, I took the time to read the Spreadcoin thread and evaluate their devs code. It is very clean, intelligent, advanced code. He is certainly legit.”

But anyway, FTR:

What do you find normal about a difficulty adjustment algo that decided to take a hike during the first 65 minutes after launch ?
Can't see much to object to here, it's a p2p application and once the blockchain is out in the open, how it proceeds from there is a collective choice formed by the actions of the community members. The move was discussed and the community endorsed the dev's action by the majority switching to the new blockchain.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that SPR has been extensively easymined by what appears to be, a select few.
Well, that just goes to show you that appearances can be deceptive. The first block of SPR I mined was block 4492, transaction e091....df5f timed at 9:31:46 on the 14th August 2014. This was two weeks after the launch and two weeks before Mr Spread announced that he'd lost his stash. I mined about 140 blocks between the morning of 14th Aug and midnight on the 17th and sporadically every few days thereafter. The last was on the 1st October, bringing the total to 4113.

My mining rig is my laptop, an Acer Aspire v5-571:

So, now everyone knows what h/w the “select few” use to ruthlessly plunder innocent new altcoins.

So Mr. Spread "lost" 80k flash/insta/easymine (may as well call it a PREMINE), eh ? How many others were duped into donating ?
Call it “Bernard” if you like, it's still inaccurate. And you're being offensive in describing members of the community as dupes.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
(...)

See.. SPR really is a chip off the old crypto fiat shitcoin we know as DRK, with the "fucking everyone who mined later" built right in. Wink

Your fake concern for the miners makes me want to puke. What about the FTC, UFO, Phoenixcoin? ect., early adopters you helped fuck with that neoscrypt bullshit ?

Oh, let's bring that up, shall we? Vehre was hired to code a miner, and he didn't know jack shit. So he came out with slow code that only ran on 13.12. Who fixed it and immediately released, with a speedup? Me. Who further sped that up later and released that too? Me. Who had an obligation to help the FTC community? Not me. Were it not for me, they wouldn't have shit - and you're saying *I* fucked them over?

Do you honestly expect us to believe that you and your shitalgo ponzi cloning chums, would launch a coin without giving yourselves a distinct and unfair advantage ?

Your optimizations are a farse. We're onto the crippled kernel games you are playing.

Same shyte, different coin. --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pebblecoin-xpb-first-dpos-cryptonote-coin-live-qt-wallet-gui-v0441-909624

Oh! Now I get you. Finally.

While I don't create coins nor work with people who do to create algos, I finally understand your little conspiracy theory. I suppose you can't just believe that some people can't code for shit.

Dear Mr. Hippie Tech, You might not be a programmer, at least it does not looks like so. Anyone that has already programmed knows that "making it work" is quite easy, but making it efficient is really hard work. Usually people that release GPU miners are in for the rewards, and need to be fast so they are the first ones to claim it. This "first to finish wins all" leads to really, really bad code, made in a hurry and barely working. Usually copy and paste from CPU code. But here comes the thing: GPUs work in completely different way from CPUs, they have different memory models, and not everything runs well in parallel. So, some people like me just come in afterwards and see an opportunity for profit. We just make some tweeks to the original code so it works in parallel, or better uses the different memory levels of GPUs. This is a little bit harder than simply copy and pasting, but that's still not rocket science. I had less than 2 months of opencl programming experience when i optimized in 40% the X11 sgminer. This is only possible because people who release the first versions have do it a hurry in order to collect the rewards. Then there is a second step, which i never got myself into doing it, because it is REAL hard work, and that's what Wolf0 did with X11 miner: scrutinize the code, rewrite inefficient parts, eliminate dead code, adapt every single line of it to better run on specific GPU architectures, etc. This is really hard work and time consuming, and only happens when there is real money involved. No one would simply do that "for fun".

So you are partly right in the end: people like me and wolf0 are greedy bastards driven by money, but the fact that we exists is not a "conspiracy theory", but a mere consequence of the (bad) rewards system put in place by most coins. There is no reward for performance or quality, only to "make it work", and so that's what people do.

Now, you claim that wolf0 did this on purpose with this coin and with other coins, well I have to remind you that wolf0 REFUSED to develop a GPU miner for spread because at the time it was worth absolutely nothing. Now, you are going to claim that his refusal was also part of the "plot" to produce a "crippled" miner? That's an interesting theory, but as Carl Sagan used to say: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Occam's razor leads me to the easier explanation: people write shitty code to publish it fast (windows 95 anyone?), and then other people come and fix it, for a price. That's way simpler and easier to believe than "wolf0 is in a conspiracy with all opencl devs in the planet so that they produce bad code so he can claim he fixed it later"

(anyone still has the links to wolf0's refusal to do a spread miner? i'm too lazy to look for them)

couldnt have put it better myself ...

kudos ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
(...)

See.. SPR really is a chip off the old crypto fiat shitcoin we know as DRK, with the "fucking everyone who mined later" built right in. Wink

Your fake concern for the miners makes me want to puke. What about the FTC, UFO, Phoenixcoin? ect., early adopters you helped fuck with that neoscrypt bullshit ?

Oh, let's bring that up, shall we? Vehre was hired to code a miner, and he didn't know jack shit. So he came out with slow code that only ran on 13.12. Who fixed it and immediately released, with a speedup? Me. Who further sped that up later and released that too? Me. Who had an obligation to help the FTC community? Not me. Were it not for me, they wouldn't have shit - and you're saying *I* fucked them over?

Do you honestly expect us to believe that you and your shitalgo ponzi cloning chums, would launch a coin without giving yourselves a distinct and unfair advantage ?

Your optimizations are a farse. We're onto the crippled kernel games you are playing.

Same shyte, different coin. --> https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/pebblecoin-xpb-first-dpos-cryptonote-coin-live-qt-wallet-gui-v0441-909624

Oh! Now I get you. Finally.

While I don't create coins nor work with people who do to create algos, I finally understand your little conspiracy theory. I suppose you can't just believe that some people can't code for shit.

Dear Mr. Hippie Tech, You might not be a programmer, at least it does not looks like so. Anyone that has already programmed knows that "making it work" is quite easy, but making it efficient is really hard work. Usually people that release GPU miners are in for the rewards, and need to be fast so they are the first ones to claim it. This "first to finish wins all" leads to really, really bad code, made in a hurry and barely working. Usually copy and paste from CPU code. But here comes the thing: GPUs work in completely different way from CPUs, they have different memory models, and not everything runs well in parallel. So, some people like me just come in afterwards and see an opportunity for profit. We just make some tweeks to the original code so it works in parallel, or better uses the different memory levels of GPUs. This is a little bit harder than simply copy and pasting, but that's still not rocket science. I had less than 2 months of opencl programming experience when i optimized in 40% the X11 sgminer. This is only possible because people who release the first versions have do it a hurry in order to collect the rewards. Then there is a second step, which i never got myself into doing it, because it is REAL hard work, and that's what Wolf0 did with X11 miner: scrutinize the code, rewrite inefficient parts, eliminate dead code, adapt every single line of it to better run on specific GPU architectures, etc. This is really hard work and time consuming, and only happens when there is real money involved. No one would simply do that "for fun".

So you are partly right in the end: people like me and wolf0 are greedy bastards driven by money, but the fact that we exists is not a "conspiracy theory", but a mere consequence of the (bad) rewards system put in place by most coins. There is no reward for performance or quality, only to "make it work", and so that's what people do.

Now, you claim that wolf0 did this on purpose with this coin and with other coins, well I have to remind you that wolf0 REFUSED to develop a GPU miner for spread because at the time it was worth absolutely nothing. Now, you are going to claim that his refusal was also part of the "plot" to produce a "crippled" miner? That's an interesting theory, but as Carl Sagan used to say: extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Occam's razor leads me to the easier explanation: people write shitty code to publish it fast (windows 95 anyone?), and then other people come and fix it, for a price. That's way simpler and easier to believe than "wolf0 is in a conspiracy with all opencl devs in the planet so that they produce bad code so he can claim he fixed it later"

(anyone still has the links to wolf0's refusal to do a spread miner? i'm too lazy to look for them)
Activity: 198
Hippie I think you might have a crippled kernel.  Cheesy

Definitely! A bad memory leak and loads of corrupted data. The DRK is strong with that one. I fear his usefulness is dated... Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Great news!  Thank you for all the hard work.

Mr. Spread, are you able to release the minimum required SPR for a masternode as of yet?
This minimum doesn't mean much because price will go higher anyway. 100 SPR looks reasonable.

100 SPR looks good, it shouldn't be more. I would prefer less.

But yes, the important thing to know would be the max amount of allowed masternodes. And if it should be fixed or allowed to change over time.
Maybe we'll need to figure that number out while testing....
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I'm just curious where all of a sudden Hippie showed up trashing and bashing SpreadCoin? I don't understand why? This is a pretty solid and FUD free thread for what in my opinion is a pretty solid coin with a solid developer and community behind it.  So why the harshness Hippie? I mean I know a lot of shitcoins and scam coins out there and the nonstop people preaching that it's a scam and it's shit but there aren't too many people FUDDING or bashing this coin which is a nice refreshing step for the BCT community from what I can see Smiley Anyways I wouldn't mind knowing what the problem with this coin is?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
We'll begin testing in 1-2 days on testnet.

Since we'll need coins to run masternodes I will set initial difficulty to 1/1000 that of SpreadCoin. Ever wanted to instamine something? This will be your chance Smiley

Awesome.

This will be so good!
legendary
Merit: 1000
If you are willing to be patient and can help a technically challenged guy through some of the steps then I am definitely going to jump in.

The 'proverbial you'...

I for one have never run a masternode and done anything on testnet.  I will need a tutorial to start testing.  is anyone able to help with a guide that is easy enough for a layman to understand.  I know enough to get my miners running and basic network stuff.

If you can download and use a wallet, edit a textfile, cut/paste a few lines, you'll be set. Hell if you can figure out mining, you'll find running a MN easy.

Mr Spread will doubtless post some instructions, things might be a little different than with Darkcoin but it should still be a piece of cake.

legendary
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Great news!

I strongly advise anyone who is thinking of running a Spread Masternode to jump in on testnet. You'll learn what you need to for mainnet and help with the development and bughunting. Please help out if you can. It's free to play and you get to noodle with all the upcoming goodies first.

Also, testnet miners, please DO NOT jump in with huge MH/s - it's not needed, it just raises the diff pointlessly, CPU or just one little GPU if you have to is all that's needed. (Mr Spread please correct me if I'm wrong, I know Spread is fundamentally different from Darkcoin in a few ways.)

I for one have never run a masternode and done anything on testnet.  I will need a tutorial to start testing.  is anyone able to help with a guide that is easy enough for a layman to understand.  I know enough to get my miners running and basic network stuff.
Activity: 728
Great news!

I strongly advise anyone who is thinking of running a Spread Masternode to jump in on testnet. You'll learn what you need to for mainnet and help with the development and bughunting. Please help out if you can. It's free to play and you get to noodle with all the upcoming goodies first.

If you are willing to be patient and can help a technically challenged guy through some of the steps then I am definitely going to jump in.

The 'proverbial you'...
legendary
Activity: 1624
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I must say that I do enjoy having SPR around and I am excited to see what happens.  I am not investing in it though, as I don´t see the added value proposition in terms of the end user compared to DRK.  The differences are of form,  do the masternodes a little different, do the mining a little different, but nothing different than DRK or BTC for the end user. For now the only end user directed feature I have heard of is copying InstantX from DRK, but DRK already has that. So no original added value from an end user perspective yet, lets see what the future holds.

On the other hand, I dont like investing in anonymous developers and also I have the feeling that some early holders have more power over the project than the developer himself. So in the end, I wouldnt know who I am entrusting my money with.

The last thing that I would say is that the DRK holders that are here have all their bases covered, they already own nice amounts of DRK and is not like they sold those to hold SPR. So the newbies here should be careful and do the same and cover their bases buy some DRK.  Some of the DRK holders here see this as a side investment if it does not go well they still have their DRK so they are OK if it goes well they make some profit, so they don't have much to loose.

Other DRK holders saw an opportunity to buy lots of this really cheap and promote it as an alternative within the community and then others bought that idea as they could buy more of this than they could DRK and are hoping for rewards. Those are all very good valid reasons to take a risk, but again, they all have their bases covered. If you are a newbie here with no DRK holdings you are assuming a greater risk than they are and that puts you at a disadvantage if you have decided you want to support this coin you must hedge your investment and buy some DRK, since for now it is trying to be a copy of a much more established coin, it makes no sense to only hold the copy.  The ones that hold the original and the copy too, have all their bases covered are doing it right. The ones that only hold the copy are running a greater risk and are at the hands of the first group.

Good luck with the project, lets see how it goes.   I am staying with DRK though a lot more to do still. Cheers.

You REALLY wanna talk about initial distribution, when DRK was mined at low diff with a higher block reward, before it was dropped lower, fucking everyone who mined later?

Great news!

Also, testnet miners, please DO NOT jump in with huge MH/s - it's not needed, it just raises the diff pointlessly, CPU or just one little GPU if you have to is all that's needed. (Mr Spread please correct me if I'm wrong, I know Spread is fundamentally different from Darkcoin in a few ways.) <<-- Plzz plzz plzz make it so ! lolz Grin

Plzzzzzzz do your research thelonecrouton. Or don't. LMAO
Activity: 525
Merit: 531
This SPR chart is different from the others because it's historical (not current) and includes only  addresses that mined over 1k coins. That means it doesn't cover the whole network hashrate, making all those numbers actually much smaller pieces of the entire pie. The top "miner" SNYq only mined for one month last year, but his 25k coins is still the highest proportion among mining addresses. There may be farms, but SPR is still supported by many small miners.

http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/index.php?q=SNYqcyEtXr5UWpxMds8mQ9x8jo8fWFJVKz

Mr. Spread, is it possible to make that clear on the Network Hashrate page? Or a way to make a comparable chart? I think everyone is used to looking at current hashrate charts.
I added a little note to that chart. (if someone can make a better english text, that's welcome Cheesy).

And i made a new chart: this displayed the last 1000 blocks stats: addresses who mined at least 2 blocks. (address with 1 block goes to "others")

Elbandi
Jump to: