Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 233. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

This dude and his 68,000 SPR sitting on Bittrex....
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
Don't quite get what is going on on Bittrex, but I am holding on to my coins!  Cool
A pump and dump group just got done I think.  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Don't quite get what is going on on Bittrex, but I am holding on to my coins!  Cool
Activity: 854
Anyone know why people are dumping their Spread? I thought that the cost of mining this coin was more than 50k a coin? I'm not complaining I mean it's more cheap Spread for me but I'm just curious as to if there is a means behind this sudden onset of miners dumping the coin?

It's actually a really positive thing.

1.  It is a decrease on very low volume and has caused a few weak hands to sell.

2.  Nobody that has any real quantity of SPR has panic dumped showcasing that the people in this coin believe in its potential.

3.  The amount of BTC it would take us to get to our old highs is miniscule.  There's no overhead resistance until we get to 70.

4.  When masternodes are released and shown to work well, I think we'll have a HUGE rise.  The lower we go before that point, the higher the percentage gain will be on coinmarketcap.com and thus the more attention we will get.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
I must say that I do enjoy having SPR around and I am excited to see what happens.  I am not investing in it though, as I don´t see the added value proposition in terms of the end user compared to DRK.  The differences are of form,  do the masternodes a little different, do the mining a little different, but nothing different than DRK or BTC for the end user. For now the only end user directed feature I have heard of is copying InstantX from DRK, but DRK already has that. So no original added value from an end user perspective yet, lets see what the future holds.

On the other hand, I dont like investing in anonymous developers and also I have the feeling that some early holders have more power over the project than the developer himself. So in the end, I wouldnt know who I am entrusting my money with.

The last thing that I would say is that the DRK holders that are here have all their bases covered, they already own nice amounts of DRK and is not like they sold those to hold SPR. So the newbies here should be careful and do the same and cover their bases buy some DRK.  Some of the DRK holders here see this as a side investment if it does not go well they still have their DRK so they are OK if it goes well they make some profit, so they don't have much to loose.

Other DRK holders saw an opportunity to buy lots of this really cheap and promote it as an alternative within the community and then others bought that idea as they could buy more of this than they could DRK and are hoping for rewards. Those are all very good valid reasons to take a risk, but again, they all have their bases covered. If you are a newbie here with no DRK holdings you are assuming a greater risk than they are and that puts you at a disadvantage if you have decided you want to support this coin you must hedge your investment and buy some DRK, since for now it is trying to be a copy of a much more established coin, it makes no sense to only hold the copy.  The ones that hold the original and the copy too, have all their bases covered are doing it right. The ones that only hold the copy are running a greater risk and are at the hands of the first group.

Good luck with the project, lets see how it goes.   I am staying with DRK though a lot more to do still. Cheers.

You REALLY wanna talk about initial distribution, when DRK was mined at low diff with a higher block reward, before it was dropped lower, fucking everyone who mined later?

In that particular line (I made several other points) I was not talking about "initial" distribution but about current distribution in general. See, what you are missing it that DRK is a first mover in its market segment, there was no previous benchmark of success when DRK was launched, so although the launch was very poor, people didn't have any particular incentive to hold their coins at that time. So a lot of the early holders sold several times over those amounts specially during DRK's first bubble all the way up to 15USD.

Also, there were some unplanned events that helped a lot with distribution, back in the early days there was a big hack on C-CEX I lost 1500USD on that hack. Where the hacker stole a bunch of BTC bought DRK with stolen coins, extract those DRK from C-CEX and dumped them all on Poloniex, people bought for nothing in Poloniex all of these stolen coins. Additionally, a lot of early holders are documented to have sold during the first bubble like InternetApe who sold 160K coins as he didn't know DRK was going to become what it did.  So time took care of distributing DRK properly.

This does not really happen with clones, since this coin SPR was valued at only a few thousand satoshis people have been talking about it overtaking DRK so they just hold their coins and they don't ever sell them. There is already a benchmark, they are expecting it to "go to the moon" but this will not happen because the coin is not naturally distributed.  All coins that went to the moon were first movers in a way or another. BTC first coin ever, LTC first succesful altcoin, Dogecoin first meme public friendly coin, DRK first privacy centered coin, PPC first Proof of Stake, NXT, BTS, etc. All first movers.  

Natural distribution only happens when holders dont have a clear expectation of success so they are willing to sell with normal profits, creating a new bigger generation of holders until it reaches a critical point. This is really unlikely to happen with a clone as the success of the original is expected from day one.

This is my honest opinion, I guess we willl see what happens.

I have a natural distribution plan which you refer, I'm just waiting for the right time to start. I've done some tests and got the expected result. I'm not big amount of SpreadCoin. (but I have enough to get started.)  Wink
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Anyone know why people are dumping their Spread? I thought that the cost of mining this coin was more than 50k a coin? I'm not complaining I mean it's more cheap Spread for me but I'm just curious as to if there is a means behind this sudden onset of miners dumping the coin?
The only reason Dogecoin is still viable is because so much of it has been given away.  Early adopters giving away coin is extremely important.  The more people who own your coin, the better.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

4.  I like people like you having skin in the game and we both agree on #3.  As such, if you'd like 1,000 SPR for free, PM me.
That's very kind of you. +1
I was happy when I got 15 SPR from you MyFarm  Grin And now you give away 1000 SPR. You are a generous man for sure, I wish more ppl in the crypto world was as good hearted as that. Keep up the good work.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

4.  I like people like you having skin in the game and we both agree on #3.  As such, if you'd like 1,000 SPR for free, PM me.
That's very kind of you. +1
I must say that I do enjoy having SPR around and I am excited to see what happens.  I am not investing in it though, as I don´t see the added value proposition in terms of the end user compared to DRK.  The differences are of form,  do the masternodes a little different, do the mining a little different, but nothing different than DRK or BTC for the end user. For now the only end user directed feature I have heard of is copying InstantX from DRK, but DRK already has that. So no original added value from an end user perspective yet, lets see what the future holds.

On the other hand, I dont like investing in anonymous developers and also I have the feeling that some early holders have more power over the project than the developer himself. So in the end, I wouldnt know who I am entrusting my money with.

The last thing that I would say is that the DRK holders that are here have all their bases covered, they already own nice amounts of DRK and is not like they sold those to hold SPR. So the newbies here should be careful and do the same and cover their bases buy some DRK.  Some of the DRK holders here see this as a side investment if it does not go well they still have their DRK so they are OK if it goes well they make some profit, so they don't have much to loose.

Other DRK holders saw an opportunity to buy lots of this really cheap and promote it as an alternative within the community and then others bought that idea as they could buy more of this than they could DRK and are hoping for rewards. Those are all very good valid reasons to take a risk, but again, they all have their bases covered. If you are a newbie here with no DRK holdings you are assuming a greater risk than they are and that puts you at a disadvantage if you have decided you want to support this coin you must hedge your investment and buy some DRK, since for now it is trying to be a copy of a much more established coin, it makes no sense to only hold the copy.  The ones that hold the original and the copy too, have all their bases covered are doing it right. The ones that only hold the copy are running a greater risk and are at the hands of the first group.

Good luck with the project, lets see how it goes.   I am staying with DRK though a lot more to do still. Cheers.

I appreciate your reasoned perspective and mature approach, thanks for taking part in the discussion.  A few things:

1.  Mr. Spread is very likely anonymous because cryptocurrency isn't legal where he resides.

2.  Very recently in the thread I made a suggestion on the direction Spreadcoin should go.  I own a boatload of SPR.  Mr. Spread said no.  I'm not used to being told no and my very first reaction that lasted about 10 seconds was feeling very pissed.  But then a smile crept across my face as I realized the value of Mr. Spread being in control of the direction of this coin and having the strength to tell a large investor no (this is not common).

3.  I agree holding both DRK and SPR is a good idea.  See #4.

legendary
Crypto since 2014
can we set up a sky group??so we can talk
Add me: e1ghtSpace
If that skype group is set up,you are the first one to be added.
I really hope SPR can be light in the darkness and in the seas of scams and shitcoins.
well,next week,as I said before,it's the time to test SPR.If SPR pass the test,the path will be wider and brighter.Every investor will benefit a lot~

I've not used skype in a while, but I will consider joining your skype group.

Also, does anyone know who is managing the official spreadcoin twitter account?

https://twitter.com/spread_coin

Is it mr. spread?
I believe so
Activity: 121
You just hate competition...

I for one love both coins, and think they will be of benefit to each other.

Actually, I love competition and so far, SPR isn't a threat (it doesn't have the network, the hash power, the market cap, the team size (talent pool), the distribution, the volume, and the innovation that DRK already has). Should Mr. Spread create some sort of improvement, I know Evan will use it, but I'm still waiting.

What I do hate is not giving credit where credit is due and the naive nature of nearly everyone in here. I'm going back to lurking until more BS is spewed.

At present, Darkcoin not only has reference nodes, enforcement is off because the network forks when it is on.  While I love Darkcoin and want it to succeed (and think it will) make no mistake, its position is highly vulnerable right now.  Any investor not hedging is not a smart investor.
Good point~~,indeed
You just hate competition...

I for one love both coins, and think they will be of benefit to each other.

Actually, I love competition and so far, SPR isn't a threat (it doesn't have the network, the hash power, the market cap, the team size (talent pool), the distribution, the volume, and the innovation that DRK already has). Should Mr. Spread create some sort of improvement, I know Evan will use it, but I'm still waiting.

What I do hate is not giving credit where credit is due and the naive nature of nearly everyone in here. I'm going back to lurking until more BS is spewed.

At present, Darkcoin not only has reference nodes, enforcement is off because the network forks when it is on.  While I love Darkcoin and want it to succeed (and think it will) make no mistake, its position is highly vulnerable right now.  Any investor not hedging is not a smart investor.
Again, you don't even have masternodes setup as a network to provide tx locking. Are you really going to want tx locking on say 50 masternodes? 100? How many is enough to actually provide viable consensus? People keep talking like IX is right around the corner here, maybe it is, but I question sensibility without any pre-existing infrastructure to support its design. Lots of dreamers here, that's for sure.

Why dreamers?

Darkcoin made a powerful masternode network happen in just one year, and this with the quite hefty price tag of 1000 DRK per MN.

SPR masternodes will be more flexible, both in price and in installation requirements.

Plus, the darkcoin people will probably be most interested in running a DRK and SPR masternode side by side... why shouldn't they, if they already have the infrastructure in place?
Sounds like a nice additional profit without any large expenses.

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized? Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems. Evan has already done the heavy lifting here, IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin. Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability.

Hi Oblox.  As you asked me not to talk about Spreadcoin in the Darkcoin thread, does this mean I can come back?  Smiley

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  At one point I owned in excess of 18% of Darkcoin.  At that point in time, I suspect that between me, Internet Ape, and Evan, we owned in excess of 30% of the available Darkcoin.

At present, I own a bit more than 7% of Spreadcoin.  Now, I readily admit that isn't healthy for any currency and have slowly been giving it away and utilizing it in bounties.  As masternodes are released, I will be giving a LOT away to help secure and diversify the network.

Over time, just like Darkcoin, the distribution of SPR will improve.  
I really appreciate your generiocity,myfarm. you are a nice guy,you've done alot for spr,even you are a early adoptor.
SPR is a real  PoW coin in this year though GPU mining is falling....
legendary
Activity: 1400

I said "is currently" for a reason. Satoshi "currently" ain't kicking anyone's ass in programming crypto.

I know this is dumb but who's to say that Satoshi never created another "newbie" account and created another coin (besides sha256) just to see how it would go as an experiment to not have his name attached to it.

Maybe we'll no one day.

Or maybe we never will. (I bet this one)
Again, you don't even have masternodes setup as a network to provide tx locking. Are you really going to want tx locking on say 50 masternodes? 100? How many is enough to actually provide viable consensus? People keep talking like IX is right around the corner here, maybe it is, but I question sensibility without any pre-existing infrastructure to support its design. Lots of dreamers here, that's for sure.

Why dreamers?

Darkcoin made a powerful masternode network happen in just one year, and this with the quite hefty price tag of 1000 DRK per MN.

SPR masternodes will be more flexible, both in price and in installation requirements.

Plus, the darkcoin people will probably be most interested in running a DRK and SPR masternode side by side... why shouldn't they, if they already have the infrastructure in place?
Sounds like a nice additional profit without any large expenses.

So far, this is nothing more than a glorified clone. The no-pool thing is gimmicky without standing the test of time in terms of whether or not this really will prevent creative pools from mining. Besides, isn't there a miner (or group of miners) that control in excess of 20% of the existing network hash. How is that decentralized? Further, the current distribution coupled with lack of volume only indicates that when the masternodes do come into play, it's going to remain incredibly centralized with only a handful of parties involved. When you have people owning in excess of 7% of the outstanding coins, you have problems. Evan has already done the heavy lifting here, IX code is out on github and has been since November (iirc). People make it seem like Mr. Spread is superior to Evan in terms of ability when there hasn't been anything truly innovative here. The SpreadX11 came from a mistake in playing with the blocktemplate which is currently the sole selling point of this coin. Did he find a potential vulnerability in DRK, sure, but if you have enough eyes looking at various areas of the codebase, you're bound to find bugs and the likes on new code that isn't even a year old. When Mr. Spread actually does something innovative besides taking code that Evan and team has already designed, then I will be interested. Until then, its a glorified clone with a gimmicky idea that hasn't stood the test of time in terms of viability.

Hi Oblox.  As you asked me not to talk about Spreadcoin in the Darkcoin thread, does this mean I can come back?  Smiley

I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  At one point in time, I suspect that between me, Internet Ape, and Evan, we owned in excess of 30% of the available Darkcoin.

At present, I own a bit more than 7% of Spreadcoin.  Now, I readily admit that isn't healthy for any currency and have slowly been giving it away and utilizing it in bounties.  As masternodes are released, I will be giving a LOT away to help secure and diversify the network.

Over time, just like Darkcoin, the distribution of SPR will improve.  
I really hope SPR can be the light in the darkness   in the seas of scams and shitcoins.
well,next week,as I said before,it's the time to test SPR.If SPR pass the test,the path will be wider and brighter.Every investor will benefit a lot~
It's like a gambling ,huh? However the winning chance is much bigger ,from my previous experiences about SPR.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I really hope SPR can be light in the darkness and in the seas of scams and shitcoins.

I've not used skype in a while, but I will consider joining your skype group.

Also, does anyone know who is managing the official spreadcoin twitter account?

https://twitter.com/spread_coin

Is it mr. spread?
I really hope SPR can be the light in the darkness   in the seas of scams and shitcoins.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Who likes this idea: (this goes under the mining tab)

VanityGen built into the wallet. Good idea?
Jump to: