Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 393. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Whats a pool resistant cpu only coin?
This is the only Pool resistant coin to ever be created. (as far as i'm aware)

You dont know much @e1ghtSpace. This coin is not pool resistant.  
I guess it is pool resistant but not solo-mining only.

Why do you guess its pool resistant? Its possible to set up a pool but I doubt that they will do it. Low profit.
How will you set up a pool so that miners will not steal money from it?
Activity: 636
Merit: 500

Why do you guess its pool resistant? Its possible to set up a pool but I doubt that they will do it. Low profit.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Most importantly, what prevents a pool from using indistinguishability obfuscation of garbled circuits or Gentry style FHE to deliver (each block) a circuit to a worker that allows the worker to sign valid work, but nothing else? This would add quite a bit of overhead to the signing step for the worker (hitting 1kh/s might even be optimistic, heh) but pooling can still occur and that overhead will only come down in time.

(This is generally an open question going back to at least 2011.  My understanding is it is commonly held that avoiding pooling in general is just mathematically impossible, and specifically because of secure function evaluation.)
I doubt that you will hit even 1kh/s with homomorphic encryption. Overhead will definitely be lowered in the future by further researches but it is very unlikely that it will ever be possible to perform encrypted computations with the same speed as unencrypted ones without significant overhead. Creating pool with very large overhead may be possible even now.
Activity: 210
I get around 550 kh/s on R9 280x with these settings:
Code:
--thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --worksize 64 -g 2 -I 11
Some say that increasing intensity can double your hashrate.
Activity: 636
Merit: 500

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
I have been mining for 5 hours on a pair of 750TIs and getting about 1500 khash each, so far I have 6 blocks worth of coin in my wallet. Does this seem on-par for what everyone else is getting considering the current difficulty (3.379 as I write this)? Not real familiar with the coin, thus why I am asking.
Sounds about right considering the current difficulty. Although I did find a block within 1 minute of mining for the first time. Then I stopped mining because the diff was so high. So it looks like my average is 1 block a minute at 500 khash/s. Smiley

Ok, thanks. Just found another block in-between these reply's, so I think I will let them run overnight and see what happens.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
I have been mining for 5 hours on a pair of 750TIs and getting about 1500 khash each, so far I have 6 blocks worth of coin in my wallet. Does this seem on-par for what everyone else is getting considering the current difficulty (3.379 as I write this)? Not real familiar with the coin, thus why I am asking.
Sounds about right considering the current difficulty. Although I did find a block within 1 minute of mining for the first time. Then I stopped mining because the diff was so high. So it looks like my average is 1 block a minute at 500 khash/s. Smiley
Activity: 52
Activity: 123
Hello,

I just read the complete thread and I'm interested in trying this coin for a while... downloaded the wallet and like the miner included... too bad I'm only getting 23kHs on my laptop  Undecided

Guess it'll be a visit to Frys tomorrow.. is the GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD​3P Socket AM3+/ AMD 970/ DDR3/ 2-Way CrossFireX​ and  AMD R9 280X  still the best combination?

I'm reading a few good posts with NVidea (does that work best with the Intel i7)?

Hope to make this work, ready to mine some SPR Smiley
280X is confirmed to work better on the latest driver than others.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Hello,

I just read the complete thread and I'm interested in trying this coin for a while... downloaded the wallet and like the miner included... too bad I'm only getting 23kHs on my laptop  Undecided

Guess it'll be a visit to Frys tomorrow.. is the GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD​3P Socket AM3+/ AMD 970/ DDR3/ 2-Way CrossFireX​ and  AMD R9 280X  still the best combination?

I'm reading a few good posts with NVidea (does that work best with the Intel i7)?

Hope to make this work, ready to mine some SPR Smiley
Activity: 245
Merit: 256
Dev,plz use sgminer 5.1 which is most compatible with all kinds of AMD GPU.
But not with mine.

And do all other not interesting? The 5.1 is mostly popular for miners. The all software of spreadcoin are buggly for me and I can not mine at linux (ubuntu 12.04 x64).
Activity: 245
Merit: 256
$ dpkg -s libboost-all-dev | grep Version
Version: 1.48.0.2
(ubuntu 12.04)
Activity: 123
Dev,when will the next version GPU miner be released?  Huh
The current one doesn't seem to work well.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Are cheap-ass Nvidia's really beating AMD like this?

tsiv for President!  Grin
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Activity: 25
Activity: 144
too late for me for a solo mining....I stop to mine this coin....

Thanks
Activity: 144
lucky !
Which settings did you apply ? I have an hd7950 and i can get only 550 khs !!!!

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
PHS 50% PoS - Stop mining start minting
No block for more than 1 hour, and the same for a friend of mine, did diff exploded already ?  Cheesy

It's still rising  Wink
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Same issue for me !
Any idea ?

I have just found a block on my R9280X with just-below 1MH/s rate :-D

Jump to: