Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 389. (Read 810079 times)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0
i have troubles with sgminer and spreadminer from this topic
maybe x64 is the reason ?

"I have troubles" doesn't really tell much and I don't know about the sgminer version but I'm happily running the CUDA miner on Win 7 x64 so that probably isn't the problem.

sgminer crashes at start
i tried on x32 & x64 win 7
7970, catalyst 13.12 & 14.4
the same result
http://s017.radikal.ru/i405/1411/a0/d2727e54ea23.jpg
me too,280x crashes on catalyst 13.12 & 14.4

Good day everyone, any fix for this error? I've already tried 13.12, 14.6 drivers also the Spread-GPU-miner and spreadcoinx11-sgminer-girino mining tool but error still exist.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Hello,

After 6 hours of mining , my wallet (0.09.15) no sync.

Addnode ?
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
Any ideas about marketing our coin?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Mr. Spread - Is there a way to see how many Spreadcoins are in circulation?  The standard getinfo command didn't show it.
You can see it in block explorer and at coinmarketcap. I will look at getinfo call to see if it can be improved.
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
What happened to the Windows binary download? So, I figure that we have to compile the source code ourselves I guess?
Sorry for this, I messed up something. Now it is there.

I tried GPU mining and it works fine.
Encrypted wallet, now I have to do CPU mining or GPU would not connect.
I don't want to. I need my CPU. I don't want new wallet.
How do I de-encrypt my wallet or is this not possible?
You can mine to a specific address as described in OP. This way you don't need to unlock the wallet. To do so:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.

Mr. Spread - Is there a way to see how many Spreadcoins are in circulation?  The standard getinfo command didn't show it.
What happened to the Windows binary download? So, I figure that we have to compile the source code ourselves I guess?
Sorry for this, I messed up something. Now it is there.

You can mine to a specific address as described in OP. This way you don't need to unlock the wallet. To do so:
1. Use existing or better generate a new address.
2. Open debug console (Tools -> Debug Console) and enter:
dumpprivkey SYourSpreadCoinAddress
3. You will get your private key. Then open spreadcoin.conf or create it if it doesn't exist (D:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\SpreadCoin\spreadcoin.conf on Windows) and add the following line:
miningprivkey=YourPrivateKey
4. Restart your wallet if it was running.
In the Mining tab you will now see notification that all mined coins will go to this address.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251

EDIT: May I also have the AMD binary please?
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Activity: 462
The difficulty is rising fast now  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
My 5 gpu rig wont run correctly gpu 2 gets disable right on start...
On other miners it run fine, any ideas anyone ??
(...)

Not sure if you are talking about my optimized version, but answering anyway:

Have you tried with lower overclock? (if you used my example commandline, i'm using a 1100 oc, you might try to lower that a bit.) You can also try to lower the intensity. An intensity of 18 should be enough (with a slight decrease in performance though).

the code on github was also outdated. The version there was the one that goes only up to 1.6Mh/s. Updated with the newer code. Try cloning it again and see if it solves the problems you were having.

legendary
(...)

Not sure if you are talking about my optimized version, but answering anyway:

Have you tried with lower overclock? (if you used my example commandline, i'm using a 1100 oc, you might try to lower that a bit.) You can also try to lower the intensity. An intensity of 18 should be enough (with a slight decrease in performance though).
Activity: 212

edit: my tc was to high !

getting 2.1mhs avg with no oc on the 290
Activity: 122
What is "normal" (I mean currently achievable with tuning) hashrate for R9280X?

I see there are some miners with this card, but my setup performs just below 1 MH/s, way too slow in comparison with GTX 750Ti.
Any ideas? Do I really have absolutely badly tweaked miner, or the internals of the miner are not well optimised?

Regards,
Andy
I've tried many combinations of parameters with my 280X,1 MH/s is the stable speed.

I am testing an improved miner that goes up to 2Mh/s on my r9 280x, but as i said, i am still testing it, so i am not responsible for it not working or working incorrectly for it. If you want early access to it, the source is on github (no, i will not release binaries, I will just hand it to the dev whenever i feel it is stable enough).

edit: forgot the github address for those who wan to test it:

https://github.com/girino/spreadcoinx11-sgminer

edit 2: and the command line that gave me 2Mh/s:

./sgminer -o "http://127.0.0.1:41677" -u user -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --auto-fan --temp-target 65 --gpu-engine 1100 --worksize 256 -I 22

I really want to use the  improved miner ,but I have no ideas how to compile it. Angry
Only 18 people voted: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vote-for-spreadcoin-logo-868918
Come on, there are hundreds of us, go and vote or I will buy 1000 gpus and will mine all coins Grin
legendary

I see there are some miners with this card, but my setup performs just below 1 MH/s, way too slow in comparison with GTX 750Ti.
Any ideas? Do I really have absolutely badly tweaked miner, or the internals of the miner are not well optimised?

Regards,
Andy
I've tried many combinations of parameters with my 280X,1 MH/s is the stable speed.

I am testing an improved miner that goes up to 2Mh/s on my r9 280x, but as i said, i am still testing it, so i am not responsible for it not working or working incorrectly for it. If you want early access to it, the source is on github (no, i will not release binaries, I will just hand it to the dev whenever i feel it is stable enough).

edit: forgot the github address for those who wan to test it:

https://github.com/girino/spreadcoinx11-sgminer

edit 2: and the command line that gave me 2Mh/s:

./sgminer -o "http://127.0.0.1:41677" -u user -p x --thread-concurrency 8192 --lookup-gap 2 --auto-fan --temp-target 65 --gpu-engine 1100 --worksize 256 -I 22
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
A little off topic but usually how long does it take to actually get something outta mining through the wallet? I've been steady mining and still haven't received a single coin? I'm just curious what the rewards are and what the average time is for them to be mined?
E.g if you hahrate is 2 mh/s and network hashrate is 300 mh/s then you will get on average 1 block every 150 minutes. So just divide network hashrate by your hashrate and you will get average intervals between your blocks in minutes. But in reality this is random process, so the actual spacing can be very different from average, you can get nothing for a long time or several blocks in a row. Current reward per block is 6.42 SPR.

Hashrate of built-in miner is low because it is CPU only, my CPU gives 120 kh/s which is 1 block in 1.5 days.
Thanks for the answer my friend Smiley
Activity: 123
I have eyes on this coin but I think it need a good marketing to see it's real potential.

really liked the unique features of this.
yes,marketing is badly needed now.
Activity: 476
I have eyes on this coin but I think it need a good marketing to see it's real potential.

really liked the unique features of this.
Is there anybody that understand how to configure the gpu miner for spread coin, i am using amd cards but i do not see any different in my hash rate when i use it.
Please kindly assist.
try amd-catalyst-14-9-win7-win8.1-64bit-dd-ccc-whql and follow the readme.txt step by step.

Regards,
Andy
Jump to: