Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 48. (Read 810076 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
Nodes That Serve
I must be doing something wrong. It is super easy to mine solo  Huh Huh

EDIT

Everything was going well until one of my miners Spreadcoin QT got stuck at week 27. Is there a known issue?  Wallets on other miners sync ok.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

34 Blocks in 24 hours

Does anyone else get similar results?

yup ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

From about the same hash rate?

which hashrate is that?

ours fluctuates due to the garbage internet connection we have here in the office ( which is still not fixed ) ...

normally we would hit much more than that ...

#crysx

He is getting 34 blocks in 24 hours with about 7mhs.

ok thanks - i must have missed that somewhere ... probably due to the lack of sleep Wink ...

we have run into a major issue with our isp - and have ordered another adsl link to be installed in the meantime ... this brings our hashrate WAY down due to the consistent disconnects from the pools ...

normally - the workers we allocate to the spr mining come in at a little over 50MH on spreadx11 ...

so not quite sure how many blocks that pulls in daily - but at this diff level and net hashrate - it pulls quite a few hundred coins a day ...

we mainly mine at nonce-pool - as he is quite trusted and private about details and private keys ... and an overall good person from our dealings with him Smiley ...

ocminer is good guy too - but none of the miners that he has come through with have worked on our systems ( fedora 19 x64 - linux ) ... so we need to compile our own - and have yet to see any of the sourcecode for any of those miners for ocminers pool ... which we would like to mine on and test its throughput ...

the miner we use currently is sp's ccminer optimized version - and the rest of the farm ( which is mainly amd cards for now - until they are changed over to nvidia cards in the next month ) mine various other currencies ... mainly x11 algo ( granitecoin ) - but do mine others ...

it seems that mining spr on amd cards is eluding us ... none of the miners available today compile properly on our systems and none of them are optimized to the level that the cuda miners are ...

in any case - here is to hoping that any of the info that ive just put up now has helped in resolving any questions of normality with regards to mining spr ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

34 Blocks in 24 hours

yup ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

which hashrate is that?

ours fluctuates due to the garbage internet connection we have here in the office ( which is still not fixed ) ...

#crysx

He is getting 34 blocks in 24 hours with about 7mhs.
legendary

34 Blocks in 24 hours

yup ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

which hashrate is that?

#crysx
legendary

34 Blocks in 24 hours

yup ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

legendary

34 Blocks in 24 hours

yup ...

Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 140
it's excellent coin that will spread world wide very soon... Shocked Wink
legendary

34 Blocks in 24 hours

legendary
Nice.

Looks about the same as my Tri-x cards.

Do you have a power meter?

Nodes That Serve
Results are in.

Asrock mobo
Corsair 8GB RAM
Cheap CPU
Radeon AMD R9 290 x3
Corsair RM1000 80 Plus Gold 1000W

edit
Latest AMD drivers - checked with AMD Driver Autodetect
Found an Spreadcoinx11 SGminer on internet - checked for malware
Windows 7

34 Blocks in 24 hours

Hopefully I didn't post anything I shouldn't.
Nodes That Serve
-
do you have issues with your configuration? ...

if there is any way i can help - let me know ...

#crysx

Not sure yet. I'm coming on 24hours, have mined 28 blocks with ~7mhs and WU is starting to be consistent on all GPUs. Temps are good, no hardware errors, some rejects, hash rate is still about 2.2mhs per miner. still running stock configurations.

Thanks for offer. Will post pictures of miners later.
legendary
6.11 block reward?

Currently seeing 2 blocks every ~60mins with ~15 MH/s

About right for this level of difficulty?

yup - it is ...

we are on nonce-pool ( private and invite only ) which you can use the 'standard' miners for ...

but it IS private and need to request to come in - due to the use of the 'standard' ( optimized in my case ) miners and the sharing of the private key to the pool ... unlike ocminers pool which does not share the private key ... but thats why its a private pool and invite only ...

we have NEVER had an issue there and continue to mine there - as the pool owner is trustworthy also ( like ocminer ) ...

we hit much more blocks - but thats due to the hashrate also ...

we are not hitting as many blocks as we like due to our internet connection dropouts ( which is getting looked at today by the isp ) so hopefully we will be back up and running at full pace after today ...

if you want try out the pool - let the pool owner ( nonce-pool here on bct ) via pm ...

hope this helps ...

#crysx

Thanks!

I'm still trying to find my way around. The WU is so low.

Once I get a configuration working and then tested mining on my other rigs, I'll test out the pools.

do you have issues with your configuration? ...

if there is any way i can help - let me know ...

#crysx
Nodes That Serve
6.11 block reward?

Currently seeing 2 blocks every ~60mins with ~15 MH/s

About right for this level of difficulty?

yup - it is ...

we are on nonce-pool ( private and invite only ) which you can use the 'standard' miners for ...

but it IS private and need to request to come in - due to the use of the 'standard' ( optimized in my case ) miners and the sharing of the private key to the pool ... unlike ocminers pool which does not share the private key ... but thats why its a private pool and invite only ...

we have NEVER had an issue there and continue to mine there - as the pool owner is trustworthy also ( like ocminer ) ...

we hit much more blocks - but thats due to the hashrate also ...

we are not hitting as many blocks as we like due to our internet connection dropouts ( which is getting looked at today by the isp ) so hopefully we will be back up and running at full pace after today ...

if you want try out the pool - let the pool owner ( nonce-pool here on bct ) via pm ...

hope this helps ...

#crysx

Thanks!

I'm still trying to find my way around. The WU is so low.

Once I get a configuration working and then tested mining on my other rigs, I'll test out the pools.
legendary
That wall I had up, it just earned me quite a few ServiceNodes.

Thanks

Will put up another wall for you later.  

You obviously have greater faith in my bitcoins than I do.  Wink

edit

Quote from: georgem, 26 March 2015
I am perfectly confident that gjhiggins, elbandi and me will do a fine job as new devs.

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=526.msg3193#msg3193

I have great faith in the ability and motivation of the new devs and other members of the community......this project has a great network and sufficient ability in a variety of areas to make this project epic.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

exactly what is ocminer breaking here? ... nothing? ...

thats what i thought too ...

if ocminer really WAS breaking any arrangement with the GPL - or whatever licence - you would have FOSS on his ass in no time ...

ocminer - keep up the good work mate ... ill wait Smiley ...

#crysx

thanks !

btw the source is now on github Smiley

no worries ...

github address please? ...

does this mean that we just need to compile and start to mine? ... or is there something else we need to do beforehand? ...

been waiting to test mining on your pool mate Smiley ...

#crysx
No, it means that You still have to use closed binaries and trust the person that releases them. Because You can't get key in visible form and compile source by yourself. If You do, You could rip off "pool" anytime. Or being ripped off from other "pool" miner.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I

Lol talking about "copyright" rules in crypto is kinda ridiculous but the source is on my github, i just need to remove the crypto key used for the encryption to the pool and make it public. Dont worry, soon.
I'm not laughing. You are laughing to people that invested tremendous time and effort to bring crypto currency world to the point of being usable and practical for everyone. You are breaking rules that crypto currency world is based on. You have to change the way your crypto key is inserted into code, because if you publish source that is not compiling towards published binaries you will again break rules.

Incorrect, crypto keys are of course NOT under GPL, only the source itself.

I am releasing my mods to the source - WITHOUT the crypto keys so that everyone, also other pools, can start own projects/pools by using own - new keys.

BTW maybe you should talk to the "devs" that compile and relase binary-only version of (faster) miners with forced donation or even those who sell pre-compiled binaries etc ? GPL mainly wants to prevent you make any money with public code - I'm not and never did. :-) (No, the Pool is 0% fee)

I see your point, and I agree by releasing the source - I never intended to NOT to but you're fighting against the wrong person here - it's a public project - just take a look at my github, there is lots of stuff already.

Devs that are NOT PUBLISHING their own forks, but are selling them are not breaking GPL rules. Believe it or not. So, fight is legitimate, person is  not wrong. If You send binaries to one that asks for them, everything is OK. If You publish them, as you did - GPL rules are broken. Glad to hear that you published source.
legendary

Lol talking about "copyright" rules in crypto is kinda ridiculous but the source is on my github, i just need to remove the crypto key used for the encryption to the pool and make it public. Dont worry, soon.
I'm not laughing. You are laughing to people that invested tremendous time and effort to bring crypto currency world to the point of being usable and practical for everyone. You are breaking rules that crypto currency world is based on. You have to change the way your crypto key is inserted into code, because if you publish source that is not compiling towards published binaries you will again break rules.

I am releasing my mods to the source - WITHOUT the crypto keys so that everyone, also other pools, can start own projects/pools by using own - new keys.

BTW maybe you should talk to the "devs" that compile and relase binary-only version of (faster) miners with forced donation or even those who sell pre-compiled binaries etc ? GPL mainly wants to prevent you make any money with public code - I'm not and never did. :-) (No, the Pool is 0% fee)

I see your point, and I agree by releasing the source - I never intended to NOT to but you're fighting against the wrong person here - it's a public project - just take a look at my github, there is lots of stuff already.

if ocminer really WAS breaking any arrangement with the GPL - or whatever licence - you would have FOSS on his ass in no time ...

#crysx

thanks !

no worries ...

github address please? ...

does this mean that we just need to compile and start to mine? ... or is there something else we need to do beforehand? ...

been waiting to test mining on your pool mate Smiley ...

#crysx
Activity: 154
We have to test new Speard.....good job.... Wink Smiley Wink
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

#crysx

thanks !

legendary

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: