Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 51. (Read 810076 times)

legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1006
BCH Advocate.
I advocate for tying the max amount of MNs to the coinsupply:
Max MN = (total coinsupply)/ 2880.

A while ago I remember there being a discussion about limiting one MN to one IP (or server)... what's the latest on that?

You can't limit one SN to one IP.
Nobody can know if your server is really running on one IP as a single instance or running as one of hundred virtual machines in a cloud.
Also, your SN will never be required to be visible thru an IP, the SNs IP is not important since it's not broadcast anyway.

With that in mind, coming back to your question:
to prevent people from running multiple SNs (servicenodes) on a server, you will need to run services (on those servicenodes) that have a high load on the server CPU / RAM / HDisk...
this will make running multiple SNs on a server problematic, and encourage the spreading of SNs over multiple Servers (and be it only virtual ones)

For this to work we will need a sophisticated valuation system that gives the best servers the best score, and the worst servers the worst score.

That's the tricky part.

Or you could avoid all this pointless and impractical nonsense and just have a fixed collateral cost, and let market forces sort the numbers out. Spread MNs would be up and running on mainnet with IX far faster.

"Pointless and impractical nonsense" is not a valid counterargument.
If you need fixed collateral cost go to Darkcoin/Dash/whatever if will be called tomorrow.

Spreadcoin will go its unique way, following the principles of true decentralization, enabling competition and easy entry for everybody.

Stay tuned.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

A while ago I remember there being a discussion about limiting one MN to one IP (or server)... what's the latest on that?

Nobody can know if your server is really running on one IP as a single instance or running as one of hundred virtual machines in a cloud.
Also, your SN will never be required to be visible thru an IP, the SNs IP is not important since it's not broadcast anyway.

to prevent people from running multiple SNs (servicenodes) on a server, you will need to run services (on those servicenodes) that have a high load on the server CPU / RAM / HDisk...
this will make running multiple SNs on a server problematic, and encourage the spreading of SNs over multiple Servers (and be it only virtual ones)

For this to work we will need a sophisticated valuation system that gives the best servers the best score, and the worst servers the worst score.

That's the tricky part.

Or you could avoid all this pointless and impractical nonsense and just have a fixed collateral cost, and let market forces sort the numbers out. Spread MNs would be up and running on mainnet with IX far faster.

"Pointless and impractical nonsense" is not a valid counterargument.
If you need fixed collateral cost go to Darkcoin/Dash/whatever if will be called tomorrow.

Spreadcoin will go its unique way, following the principles of true decentralization, enabling competition and easy entry for everybody.

Stay tuned.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

That's the tricky part.

That's actually not a half bad idea.

DRK, sorry, DASH, uses 1,000 DASH to stop man in the middle attacks and people taking over the network especially when you are talking about currency transactions.

I suppose there is still the same issue, but maybe not as critical. Then again, what if ServiceNodes also secured the blockchain and got rid of the miners?

I like the idea of ServiceNodes securing the blockchain. But I think the best way to keep this currency decentralized is to have the servicenodes secure the blockchain and then at a certain block we allow mining again.  Otherwise those who got in early will have a ton of SPR and the latecomers will be at the mercy of the rich.  That at least rewards the early guys as well as the latecomers.  Everyone can get in on the action.

*Spread the wealth.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Tell the devs of Spreadcoin to change this horrible name to something decent and I see it outcompeting the scam instamine that is Dash, quite easily.
Activity: 14
Does Spreadcoin have a instamine?

If it doesn't then that automatically makes it worth more than the scamcoin Dash. All spreadcoin would need now is a better name, the name spreadcoin is one of the worst I have seen for an altcoin. Truly.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

That's the tricky part.

That's actually not a half bad idea.

DRK, sorry, DASH, uses 1,000 DASH to stop man in the middle attacks and people taking over the network especially when you are talking about currency transactions.

I suppose there is still the same issue, but maybe not as critical. Then again, what if ServiceNodes also secured the blockchain and got rid of the miners?
legendary
Activity: 1092
Any news on development?

Which system did you decide on, georgem?
legendary
Activity: 966

That's the tricky part.

I have recently worked my way through a C++ tutorial and was looking for a next step.  I have a passion for computing and love C++ but I need something that will give me a challenge (but wont be too difficult). I want to further understand how coins work and one day become a decent dev.  Does anyone have suggestions on what I could do to further my education?

I think it's quite obvious. You should study the Bitcoin source.

I was looking more for guides or tutorials about how it works. I have looked through the source but I want to fully understand it. I would like someone to do a video that breaks down the entire thing.

I haven't reviewed it all but here are a few links to get you started Cool

Bitcoin or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Crypto
https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

Course on Cryptography
https://support.udemy.com/customer/portal/questions/8534769-course-on-cryptography?b_id=3583

Surviving Encryption: Essentials
https://www.udemy.com/sumuri-se-es/

HOW DOES BITCOIN WORK: CRYPTOCURRENCY BASICS 101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWSzrC0F9SI

Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Mining - What is It & How Does it Work a Non-Technical Explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miYWkkAYXM0

‘How Bitcoin Works’, A Short Video Explaining the Economics Behind the Digital Cryptocurrency
http://laughingsquid.com/how-bitcoin-works-a-short-video-explaining-the-economics-behind-the-digital-cryptocurrency/

Bitcoinproperly.org - Crypto Currency explained
https://vimeo.com/108159383

EDIT: these links came up in Google by typing "cryptocurrency explained" or any other variation... there's a lot on youtube but you might need to dig a little to find something useful...

Thank-you very much. I think this is a fantastic place to start.
Activity: 268
I have recently worked my way through a C++ tutorial and was looking for a next step.  I have a passion for computing and love C++ but I need something that will give me a challenge (but wont be too difficult). I want to further understand how coins work and one day become a decent dev.  Does anyone have suggestions on what I could do to further my education?

I was looking more for guides or tutorials about how it works. I have looked through the source but I want to fully understand it. I would like someone to do a video that breaks down the entire thing.

I haven't reviewed it all but here are a few links to get you started Cool

Bitcoin or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Crypto
https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/

Course on Cryptography
https://support.udemy.com/customer/portal/questions/8534769-course-on-cryptography?b_id=3583

Surviving Encryption: Essentials
https://www.udemy.com/sumuri-se-es/

HOW DOES BITCOIN WORK: CRYPTOCURRENCY BASICS 101
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWSzrC0F9SI

Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Mining - What is It & How Does it Work a Non-Technical Explanation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miYWkkAYXM0

‘How Bitcoin Works’, A Short Video Explaining the Economics Behind the Digital Cryptocurrency
http://laughingsquid.com/how-bitcoin-works-a-short-video-explaining-the-economics-behind-the-digital-cryptocurrency/

Bitcoinproperly.org - Crypto Currency explained
https://vimeo.com/108159383

EDIT: these links came up in Google by typing "cryptocurrency explained" or any other variation... there's a lot on youtube but you might need to dig a little to find something useful...
I have recently worked my way through a C++ tutorial and was looking for a next step.  I have a passion for computing and love C++ but I need something that will give me a challenge (but wont be too difficult). I want to further understand how coins work and one day become a decent dev.  Does anyone have suggestions on what I could do to further my education?

Activity: 31
Stop dreaming..
dev  Last Active February 16th
This is over..

Thanks for making us aware  Grin
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
I have recently worked my way through a C++ tutorial and was looking for a next step.  I have a passion for computing and love C++ but I need something that will give me a challenge (but wont be too difficult). I want to further understand how coins work and one day become a decent dev.  Does anyone have suggestions on what I could do to further my education?

Activity: 473
Hello guys, I would like to introduce to you for testing a new feature.

Live Spreadcoin Heartbeat Widget, with ability to embed anywhere the widget using multiple means. If html is embedded it automatically updates data (the one deployed on spreadcoin.us operates on the same basis). If embedding html is not a viable option for you, it can be hotlinked in a form of an image. See more at http://spreadcoin.us/embed_widget.php .

API providing data similar to the one on the widget in JSON format, CORS enabled is to come soon.

Thank you to everyone for promoting and supporting Spreadcoin and spreadcoin.us, I highly appreciate anyone doing good for Spreadcoin. You may not see me that often posting in here, I prefer doing to posting Smiley

In downloads section of the website, 64bit version of windows wallet has been restored recently, the rest is to come.

Does anybody know who is running this Hashrate distribution chart?

http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin/
Here Smiley
Goodman, glad to see you often on #spreadcoin

Cheers,
A-russo

picture below is hotlinked, live data on each refresh Smiley

I love this opportunity because anyone can get into this coin.  DASH has shown a lot of improvement but it is at the point that not anyone can get in on the deal.  Currently anyone can get in on this coin before it goes big.  It will take some time, but I think $2 is a given once servicenodes are up and running.  I encourage everyone who is interested to buy up at least 15,000 SPR (which is only about .06 BTC) That will allow you to run quite a few servicenode.

Fixed if for you  Smiley

Ahh yes yes of course.  I had forgotten that we are all going to be millionaires.  

Stop dreaming..
dev  Last Active February 16th
This is over..

Spreadcoin tip bot serving users of you choose - irc/twitter/facebook/bitcointalk. Once you have chosen the enviroment you want to develop it for, I will take whatever will be left - want to develop one myself Smiley

Live Spreadcoin Heartbeat Widget, with ability to embed anywhere the widget using multiple means. If html is embedded it automatically updates data (the one deployed on spreadcoin.us operates on the same basis). If embedding html is not a viable option for you, it can be hotlinked in a form of an image. See more at http://spreadcoin.us/embed_widget.php .

API providing data similar to the one on the widget in JSON format, CORS enabled is to come soon.

Thank you to everyone for promoting and supporting Spreadcoin and spreadcoin.us, I highly appreciate anyone doing good for Spreadcoin. You may not see me that often posting in here, I prefer doing to posting Smiley

In downloads section of the website, 64bit version of windows wallet has been restored recently, the rest is to come.

Here Smiley

Cheers,
A-russo

I love this opportunity because anyone can get into this coin.  DASH has shown a lot of improvement but it is at the point that not anyone can get in on the deal.  Currently anyone can get in on this coin before it goes big.  It will take some time, but I think $2 is a given once servicenodes are up and running.  I encourage everyone who is interested to buy up at least 15,000 SPR (which is only about .06 BTC) That will allow you to run quite a few servicenode.

Fixed if for you  Smiley

Ahh yes yes of course.  I had forgotten that we are all going to be millionaires. 
legendary
Activity: 1456

Here Smiley

Cheers,
A-russo

I love this opportunity because anyone can get into this coin.  DASH has shown a lot of improvement but it is at the point that not anyone can get in on the deal.  Currently anyone can get in on this coin before it goes big.  It will take some time, but I think $2 is a given once servicenodes are up and running.  I encourage everyone who is interested to buy up at least 15,000 SPR (which is only about .06 BTC) That will allow you to run quite a few servicenode.

Fixed if for you  Smiley

Here Smiley

Cheers,
A-russo

I love this opportunity because anyone can get into this coin.  DASH has shown a lot of improvement but it is at the point that not anyone can get in on the deal.  Currently anyone can get in on this coin before it goes big.  It will take some time, but I think $2 is a given once servicenodes are up and running.  I encourage everyone who is interested to buy up at least 1500 SPR (which is only about .06 BTC) That will allow you to run a servicenode.

Here Smiley

Cheers,
A-russo

http://spreadcoin.us/widget/
Pages:
Jump to: