Author

Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding - page 134. (Read 538963 times)

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
Congratulations for the 100th page! Smiley

Activity: 966
Merit: 500
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

If you're trying to paint the price in a favorable light... what else are you trying to embellish ?

Soo...

What were these projects that inspired you to invest your limited resource ?

How much did you have to spend to garner that 5000 coin perk ?

and..

How did things turn out with said "projects" ?

That information is actually available on https://www.startjoin.com/backed/ducky1, just not the amounts

The 5000 Startcoin was awarded me after pledging 136$ worth of Startcoin to these projects:

This was just after Startcoin became implemented on Startjoin, so it was kind of pioneering "work".

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Well Cheesy it is just my perception, but there was demand pushing price higher and guy set up sell wall of 24000 at once and basically stopped price movement. There is still 10 000 of his sell wall untouched. Because sellers put their asks lower so they can be filled. To me it seems irrational, If I would sell I would be selling in smaller chunks and try to do it at best prices. This looked like brute forcing stop of price rise.

It is called market manipulation (by Max and his DotCom boom n bust chums). Wink

If a whale and/or someone who just wrote themselves a 42 million coin paycheck believes that..

By giving away a lot of startcoin on startjoin. Startcoin that I bought  on the exchanges. 5000 is hardly a vast amount btw Roll Eyes

.. then wtf makes you think 24000 is ?

I'm not a whale, i'm a normal guy living on a normal paycheck that happened to take an early interest in Startcoin since I knew that It would be the most interesting coin for longtime exposure. In the beginning of august 2014 Startcoin reached an all time low of 502 satoshi, making 5000 start worth about 0,0251 BTC or about $14.

If you're trying to paint the price in a favorable light... what else are you trying to embellish ?

Soo...

What were these projects that inspired you to invest your limited resource ?

How much did you have to spend to garner that 5000 coin perk ?

and..

How did things turn out with said "projects" ?
I have some questions about Startcoin and wonder if someone can help me out....

1. I understand that StartJOIN is a site where you can submit an idea and if the "crowd" likes it, then it gets funded, but who pays for that funding?

2. I still don't really understand what Startcoin has to do with Startjoin. If your project is funded, are you payed in Startcoin or something?

3. For the life of me, I can't figure out where Startcoin gets its value and what would make its price go to the moon? Is outside money (money outside of crypto) going to buy Startcoin off of Bittrex, and if so, why and for what purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1. The crowd (the users of startjoin) funds it, sometimes with some help from startjoin itself.

2. Startcoin is the currency built into startjoin. It can be used to fund projects, and you get weekly interest on the startcoin's that's deposited on your account on startjoin. If you pledge to a project using startcoin you get some of it back as rewards each Friday. The rewards and interest are taken from the premine. The project's can be funded with startcoin, paypal (or if over 100% funded also bitcoin). The project owner decides what kind of payment is wanted, and usually get a mix of fiat and startcoin.

3. It gets its value from actually being used for useful stuff, a whole economic ecosystem is being built around it. I use Startcoin every day, but Bitcoin just once in a blue moon. The goal (in my opinion) is to make it a faster, cheaper, better alternative to the current economy. The start developers are building all the parts, some are finished, others are not. The value of startcoin should increase as adoption increases. A bit like bitcoin, but Startcoin has the advantage of a premine that can be used for supporting development, it has a company supporting it and holding it, and it starts at a much lower level (less than 1/1000 of the value of bitcoin) (the much faster transaction rate also does not hurt).

Activity: 164
Merit: 100
I have some questions about Startcoin and wonder if someone can help me out....

1. I understand that StartJOIN is a site where you can submit an idea and if the "crowd" likes it, then it gets funded, but who pays for that funding?

2. I still don't really understand what Startcoin has to do with Startjoin. If your project is funded, are you payed in Startcoin or something?

3. For the life of me, I can't figure out where Startcoin gets its value and what would make its price go to the moon? Is outside money (money outside of crypto) going to buy Startcoin off of Bittrex, and if so, why and for what purpose?

Thanks a lot in advance!
So, I'm new to the startcoin scene. Are any projects funded right now using this platform ? Any website listing them ?

Oh yes.. There are a lot of projects getting funded, and a lot of projects not getting funded.

Some of the latest getting funded:

https://www.startjoin.com/jaydavies
https://www.startjoin.com/PitchYourProjec
https://www.startjoin.com/StartWear

Explore on startjoin show all projects.

StartCoin can also be used on BnkToTheFuture to buy equity in companies and funds.

https://bnktothefuture.com/search/pitches

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
So, I'm new to the startcoin scene. Are any projects funded right now using this platform ? Any website listing them ?
Make an account at www.startjoin.com, that is where the bulk of the crowdfunding takes place.
Activity: 508
Jahaha
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Well Cheesy it is just my perception, but there was demand pushing price higher and guy set up sell wall of 24000 at once and basically stopped price movement. There is still 10 000 of his sell wall untouched. Because sellers put their asks lower so they can be filled. To me it seems irrational, If I would sell I would be selling in smaller chunks and try to do it at best prices. This looked like brute forcing stop of price rise.

It is called market manipulation (by Max and his DotCom boom n bust chums). Wink

If a whale and/or someone who just wrote themselves a 42 million coin paycheck believes that..

By giving away a lot of startcoin on startjoin. Startcoin that I bought  on the exchanges. 5000 is hardly a vast amount btw Roll Eyes

.. then wtf makes you think 24000 is ?

See, given the size, value and "potential" + exposure of start, I truly wonder who/what (or how many) folks are manipulating it?  You can see it on bittrex mainly given the size of exchange and coins.  Thus your comments:

We know it's true but is it really being done by them? I mean it wouldn't surprise me and not like we have any control over that, or is it also being done by other whales/manipulators to a lesser extent?   I'd say it's both, no??

Again us sheep can only follow since we're not on the inside, nor have a shitload of coins to even play that game...so all we can do is ride the waves of start manipulation or HOLD until one day it finally does moon (or just pnd which seems more likely lol).  It appears the price is both supported for a pump but even held down with big sell so it never gets the chance to explode....for how long will this shit continue?

I'm sure those involved playing with start laugh at posts here or just simply don't care and do what they do well to just make more btc, but whatever.  Such is crypto.

I'm just curious to know the truth here (which will prob never come out lol) or at least see if someone can give actual proof of what the heck is going on behind the scenes of start...no BS either, someone with the real deal here?  You almost have to 'dare' someone to share, but who the heck know what's real and what's not, meh.  It seems everything is hearsay all the bloody time here....??

Of course it is Max & co. He wants your hard earned fiat for his cryptofiat and will use his (and other's) celebrity status to shamelessly promote his ponzis at any, and every, given opportunity.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
30k -> 300k

*ahem price*  Cool Tongue Cheesy
Activity: 799
Twitter: @CrowdWhale
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Update on halving time:

We have now reached block 433014, and halving is at block 525600 so 92586 blocks to go. Average block time has been 64,3908 sec for the last 30 days.

Computing the numbers gives halving at 11:45am CEST, Thursday, October 22, 2015

Thats pretty close to the previous estimation done before summer.

From what number to what number is the halving going to be?

My understanding is that halving is every 525600 block. If blocktime is exactly 1 minute on average that's once a year. However it was significantly longer last autumn, and is still a bit longer, so it takes more than one year.

What is the current reward per block and what will the new reward be?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Update on halving time:

We have now reached block 433014, and halving is at block 525600 so 92586 blocks to go. Average block time has been 64,3908 sec for the last 30 days.

My understanding is that halving is every 525600 block. If blocktime is exactly 1 minute on average that's once a year. However it was significantly longer last autumn, and is still a bit longer, so it takes more than one year.
Thank you for this very useful information
Update on halving time:

Activity: 84
Update on halving time:

Update on halving time:

Activity: 79
Startcoin holdings next equity sale on 24th August, anyone know any details ? Max says keep your powder dry what do you think he will offer this time around, could this involve StartFund or StartChat? There has to be something good on offer, because what has changed since previous offerings to make people want to buy equity?
Jump to: