Author

Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding - page 220. (Read 538859 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 500
i hate u, START blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
I've heard rumours of StartCoin 2.0, so what happens to StartCoin 1.0 when 2.0 launches?
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
If it's possible for the pools not to accept accounts with let's say at max 20 mh/s.

If feasible, then maybe no need to change algo.
Activity: 212
again with this x11 bullshit??. Do any of you coin devs realize that x11 now has the same "problem" as scrypt? I can rent 100MH for x11 for almost nothing and point it at you.

DigiShield retargeting algorithm will be used
Activity: 238
again with this x11 bullshit??. Do any of you coin devs realize that x11 now has the same "problem" as scrypt? I can rent 100MH for x11 for almost nothing and point it at you.
Activity: 575
Activity: 152
guys, it's a nightmare))) I spoke about this at the very beginning, that coin need to convert the algorithm!  (You can pay rewarded for this if my critic and idea  help you sRHYkf8QHfmpuZfGmdfWF1tBi3F4WrD7qZ)  Bad start, guys, a lot of people, including me, have lost money. I think that should be paid compensation from premine. When you start startcoin 2.0? people tired of waiting.

johnp, say true, you a developer?)

P.S. If you make a coin without premine, its will be very great for future of the startcoin.
You can move them just takes a little while
How we are going to exchange the old coins for the new ones if we can't move them ?
Sounds like a good solution but please keep us updated.

Is there an ETA  for the change over
Can we mine in the meantime when the Multipools allow
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
StartCOIN 2.0

As you may be aware, the StartCOIN blockchain has been experiencing technical difficulties for several days now, at times bringing transactions to a halt. This has been caused by migrant multi-pools, mining pools with extremely large computational power, raising the mining difficulty dramatically over a short period of time, and leaving the network unable to mine subsequent blocks due to insufficient power. This has the effect of transactions not being verified by the network, and becoming unusable for extended periods.

In response to this, we have decided that relaunching StartCOIN, with improved technology, is the best solution to the problem. The improved currency will include better protection from multi-pools, using the DigiShield retargeting algorithm; automatic checkpointing to improve network security and stop 51% attacks from occurring; and, finally, an ASIC-resistant proof-of-work algorithm, x11, to better distribute hash power and keep the network from becoming stuck in the future.

The relaunch will provide a cleaner, more stable codebase with which StartCOIN can operate from. We have opted to relaunch now, at an early stage in the life of the currency, to ease the role of developers writing software compatible with StartCOIN.

We will be providing a facility with which investors in StartCOIN can exchange their coins for those in the upgraded network, ensuring that nobody will lose out as a result of the transition. This will allow you to quickly and easily exchange your old coins for those in the new network. More details on the exchange service will be released shortly.

View this announcement on StartCOIN.org
So....whats going on? Devs?
Activity: 35
legendary
Activity: 999
WTB a functioning wallet, pst
Activity: 152
Absolute incompetence, just promises. Now if someone says "Easy double", do not forget that the price has fallen X20.
i agree, Whats going on?? No wallet on friday and no eta .... its sunday here
legendary
Activity: 1148
It's a shame this thread is no longer being updated regularly  Undecided
Keeping the ANN thread alive is essential when it comes to building trust and growing the community.
Dev, if you've moved discussions to another thread, please post an update here.
Activity: 29
I think KORE COIN has big potential. New Dev is doing hard, I believe that it may explode in market.
Look: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=668886.420

All these innovations are expected. I am very excited Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008
Wow I've never seen a more convoluted and sketchy way to fund anything. 

Requires login information and tries to catalog your network presence and identity when you try to find a way to donate:  check.

Does not list donation addresses on any project page, not even in "startcoin":   check. 

Centralized and pseudonomous central control of everything: check.

Breaks any potential benefit of direct communication between donator and recipient: check. 

Philanthropists recommended to stay well away from this stuff. 
Jump to: