Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding - page 96. (Read 538971 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 500
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
any reason why chart looks so pumpy ?

great things to come. stay tuned  Grin

Great things are coming since June 13 2014!Still waiting!A happy DEV,some happy daytraders,with me among them,but nothing more.
So,let's wait for the other great things to come.

In the mean time keep the price low and accumulate.

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

Great things are coming since June 13 2014!Still waiting!A happy DEV,some happy daytraders,with me among them,but nothing more.
So,let's wait for the other great things to come.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
So I could mine 22 cents of START per day for 4 cents of electricity. That's quite profitable, but geeze, you'd have to own 1000 video cards and then you probably wouldn't cover your hardware costs before it became obsolete.

The 750ti is to weak to mine, but for a hobby project thats fine Wink
Activity: 799
Twitter: @CrowdWhale
So I could mine 22 cents of START per day for 4 cents of electricity. That's quite profitable, but geeze, you'd have to own 1000 video cards and then you probably wouldn't cover your hardware costs before it became obsolete.
I have 8GB of RAM and a GFX 750 TI video card with 2GB.

Electricity where I live averages 8.45¢/kWh, but I can also get a Time of Use plan and only mine at "off-peak" hours for 4.195¢/kWh.

On a side note: I want to build a hot water heater that mines =)
Activity: 575
Info about how to join the whale club can be found in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/StartcoinWhale/status/671439003384750084

--

We are Startcoin Whale Club

Our aim is to is to be the needle in the backside of the Startelite

We want to drive innovation, promote the Start Eco-System and hold accountable those who step out of line or make false promises.

Our numbers are few but growing.

If you feel as though you have what it takes to be a STARTWhale then contact us on twitter @StartCoinWhale 

https://twitter.com/StartcoinWhale

legendary
Activity: 1311
The Whales are currenlty considering raising funds to help with Diarmuids O' Flynn(@ballyhea14 on twitter) campaigns for the Irish parliment.

Diarmuid has been fighting the ECB for almost 5 years now over turning the bank debt into public debt in Ireland and he needs support due to the way political parties are funded in Ireland.

What is the Startcoinwhaleclub mission statement?
Activity: 17
The Whales are currenlty considering raising funds to help with Diarmuids O' Flynn(@ballyhea14 on twitter) campaigns for the Irish parliment.

Diarmuid has been fighting the ECB for almost 5 years now over turning the bank debt into public debt in Ireland and he needs support due to the way political parties are funded in Ireland.

So, I'm not a miner and have yet to try it. It doesn't sound as profitable as just trading the coins. If I were to mine START, though, what equipment is used? Is it even profitable?

You don't need a State-of-the-Art Computer to mine StartCOINS. The Mainboard, RAM and CPU are all relatively unimportant.
The mainboard just needs a PCI-E slot to host your video card (GPU). 4GB of RAM is enough on Windows/Linux. You just need
to run the OS. The CPU speed makes no difference for mining. All of the mining is done by your video card.
The ATI Radeon R9 280X or Geforce video cards are the best option for mining StartCOINS. A general rule is to stick with MSI
or Sapphire video cards and you should be fine. They are not voltage-locked and will save you electricity and keep your GPU
cool if you undervolt them. The triple-fan design is best, but the reference cooling design (single fan) can work also. 
You may need to open your pc-case to get them run stable.

To mine StartCOINS on AMD based video cards like the ATI Radeon R9 280X, you need a modified version of CGMiner/SGminer.
That's basically it  Grin

However it doesn't make any sense to mine because of electricity costs.
Activity: 23
So, I'm not a miner and have yet to try it. It doesn't sound as profitable as just trading the coins. If I were to mine START, though, what equipment is used? Is it even profitable?

You should give it a shot, it's really fun. But unfortunately, with a regular setup you'll probably lose more on electricity nowadays.

a) You would either be using your graphics card's processing power to calculate the blocks, this was my method for mining.
    I used a program called CCminer to "connect" my workers (bots you create, very easy) to the GPU. You could literally be mining in
    under 5 minutes, it's that simple. But like I said, with a single GFX card you'll probably not even break even.

b) your CPU. (have not tried this, and is probably equally futile)

Miners who actually "get rich" mining, are probably those with (access to) a farm (large array of GFX cards or a bunch of servers)

Yet the "thrill" of mining your own coins is exhilarating Wink It's easier than you think, I'm sure.
Activity: 23
Hi,
what is the currently best pool to mine StartCoin? I have just checked pools listed on official page, but very low hashrate, low amount of workers.
Thanks.

Not much atm in terms of MH/s, nor workers, but I liked this pool a lot in the past: https://www.suchpool.pw/

It's one of the more easy to use and professional pools out there imo. I stopped mining because the payout I weekly get at startjoin.com
for holding my coins there is larger than I can mine myself.

You can easily set the Automatic Payout Threshold, Donation Percentage, etc yourself. Other pools were either too unprofessional, or in some cases
the complete lack of user interface was quite bothersome. Anyway, hope this helped.

Cheers
Activity: 575
Karl Gray@paradimeshift
Coins with features go broke, coins with PLATFORMS are in for the long run! I can't see any other ALT out there with the kind of ecosystem we're building!

Today, 17:38
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
I think you mean 5877 Wink
Fun Fact: The ATH in terms of dollar value, or the all time high market cap, is currently at 48k. BTC was worth $255 during the last ATH of 80k sats. It's worth $430 at this moment.
Activity: 12
Hi,
what is the currently best pool to mine StartCoin? I have just checked pools listed on official page, but very low hashrate, low amount of workers.
Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: