Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] STRAKS - A POW/Masternode Cryptocurrency focused on e-commerce utility - page 95. (Read 144880 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

How long will it take to start mining reward ?
Activity: 107
Merit: 11
Doesn't look like we'll reach the target block by November 22 it looks like
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
help, what I'm doing wrong?
Activity: 126
This looks great....hope this is not another ER2 Token?

Nope! From what I can gather, it's an extension (fork?) of sorts from the old signatum, but with the 'original' lot of developers. In fact, they'll be offering a signatum swap a bit later on to pull some of the holders from that chain over to them. From memory, think that was later this month but I guess they'll be updates on what's happening soon.

This is a new digital currency and it shares no technical association to Signatum. This is simply a free coin-swap to a new and much better currency, where you are invited to swap your Signatum coins towards. The developers of STRAKS were never part of the core Signatum team. Some contributed on a community level, but that was all. The founders and core developers from that project are not involved in STRAKS.

We will provide full details on the swap process in the very near future. Please stay tuned.

Why a swap was Signatum a SCAM?Huh
You have to read the news about it. Signatum Devs abandoned the project.

Thanks!! Thats clearly a SCAM!!
Activity: 142
Merit: 100

Nope! From what I can gather, it's an extension (fork?) of sorts from the old signatum, but with the 'original' lot of developers. In fact, they'll be offering a signatum swap a bit later on to pull some of the holders from that chain over to them. From memory, think that was later this month but I guess they'll be updates on what's happening soon.

This is a new digital currency and it shares no technical association to Signatum. This is simply a free coin-swap to a new and much better currency, where you are invited to swap your Signatum coins towards. The developers of STRAKS were never part of the core Signatum team. Some contributed on a community level, but that was all. The founders and core developers from that project are not involved in STRAKS.

We will provide full details on the swap process in the very near future. Please stay tuned.

You have to read the news about it. Signatum Devs abandoned the project.

Thanks.....you mean its an extension from another coin.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167

Ah ok great, thanks for that clarification. So whole new blockchain/project, which allows a free-coin swap from signatum, primarily due to some developers previous work in signatum albeit more at a community level.

Also your infographic comparing Straks to other coins is useful.

Activity: 103
Merit: 14

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
tell me how to start production from different hosts to one wallet?
Thank you.
has anyone been getting block and get a coin?

There is still a bit of time until the block rewards kicks in. Please follow the orange box here:

Miners are on board and rapidly increasing. Everyone getting ready for the rewards to start.
Activity: 817
Merit: 506
has anyone been getting block and get a coin?
At this stage, if the only way to mine is through the wallet, can you really set up a pool to mine too?

Or will it mainly be solo mining, and people quickly add pools once the mining goes live to the public and the difficulty increases. I'm guessing in the early days increase will jump around quite a lot!
If the devs have a working GPU miner before the community when the reward hits tomorrow, then they will be able to quickly mine tons on top of the 5% premine & surely will be dumped at massive profits.

Very skeptical of this coin, seems like another get rich quick scheme. On top of that by offering signatum exchange, it will drive interest as many have been left holding a bunch, which would probably cause a fast pump and dump, as many try to exchange to more stable coins from sigt to starks to something else.

Furthermore the dev team seems rather anonymous & starks doesn't really offer anything new to the scene.

Hope I am wrong, but that's my initial impression.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.24952030
Activity: 266
Would it be possible for devs to clear up some of the confusions here by updating the ANN with the relevant info?

Why are people saying CPU-only mining?  It's Lyra2Rev2, which is in CCMiner, right?  So why would this be a cpu-only coin for any period of time?  Aren't there already pools with this coin?  People will just GPU mine to those pools, no?

In straks gui wallet i have generated new address. It will compatible for future/tomorrow GPU mining?
Not until an updated miner is released for GPU mining

I don't get this at all.  Why would addresses generated in the wallet now be invalid/incompatible with future mining?

I got the same vibes reading through and I'm pretty sure it's just misinformation.
1. The chain is live so wallets created now should be good for whatever you need them for on the chain.
2. Yes Lyra2Rev2, yes CCMiner
3. As far as I know, after block 10080, the reward will go from 0 to 10 straks per block and anyone can mine it however they can manage.
4. Found a pool for STRAKS with a notice that it will be available for mining after block 10080 at https://mpool.mooo.com/
5. I don't think there is a CPU only time unless it's the pre 10080 block time.

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks for responding!
Activity: 209
Join Cashbery Coin!
Would it be possible for devs to clear up some of the confusions here by updating the ANN with the relevant info?

Why are people saying CPU-only mining?  It's Lyra2Rev2, which is in CCMiner, right?  So why would this be a cpu-only coin for any period of time?  Aren't there already pools with this coin?  People will just GPU mine to those pools, no?

In straks gui wallet i have generated new address. It will compatible for future/tomorrow GPU mining?

I don't get this at all.  Why would addresses generated in the wallet now be invalid/incompatible with future mining?

I got the same vibes reading through and I'm pretty sure it's just misinformation.
1. The chain is live so wallets created now should be good for whatever you need them for on the chain.
2. Yes Lyra2Rev2, yes CCMiner
3. As far as I know, after block 10080, the reward will go from 0 to 10 straks per block and anyone can mine it however they can manage.
4. Found a pool for STRAKS with a notice that it will be available for mining after block 10080 at https://mpool.mooo.com/
5. I don't think there is a CPU only time unless it's the pre 10080 block time(thought about this after I posted, there is no cpu only time because there's already a miner that does the algo)
Activity: 266

Why are people saying CPU-only mining?  It's Lyra2Rev2, which is in CCMiner, right?  So why would this be a cpu-only coin for any period of time?  Aren't there already pools with this coin?  People will just GPU mine to those pools, no?

I don't get this at all.  Why would addresses generated in the wallet now be invalid/incompatible with future mining?
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
If the devs have a working GPU miner before the community when the reward hits tomorrow, then they will be able to quickly mine tons on top of the 5% premine & surely will be dumped at massive profits.

Very skeptical of this coin, seems like another get rich quick scheme. On top of that by offering signatum exchange, it will drive interest as many have been left holding a bunch, which would probably cause a fast pump and dump, as many try to exchange to more stable coins from sigt to starks to something else.

Furthermore the dev team seems rather anonymous & starks doesn't really offer anything new to the scene.

Hope I am wrong, but that's my initial impression.

Dev team seems rather anonymous?  LOL, keep in mind no one even knows who the original bitcoin developer was!  I just found out about this coin but from looking at the chart this coin looks like what Bitcoin Gold should have been; An actual improvement over bitcoin instead of using the same blockchain and slapping a different algo on it. 
Pages:
Jump to: