Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 110. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Well... at least my spelling was terrible  Grin I just noticed that...
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
What you need to understand:

SUMO has a unique diff-algo. It reacts very quick (much quicker than standard diff algo xmr used) to changes of hashrate. Deff did this to right of botnets or mining-farms to secure dectralistion of sumokoin.

If a huge hahsrate is noticed, the diff will rise almost instantly, "destoying" the profit of the botnet. The botnet will leave and the diff will adjust very quick again.

This is an example of sumodevs excellent skills Smiley

For more information check the pull on git (since I can't explaine it in a good way)

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/10

"since I can't explaine it in a good way", I think you explained it very clear!  Smiley
What you need to understand:

SUMO has a unique diff-algo. It reacts very quick (much quicker than standard diff algo xmr used) to changes of hashrate. Dec did this to fight of botnets or mining-farms to secure dectralistion of sumokoin.

If a huge hahsrate is noticed, the diff will rise almost instantly, "destoying" the profit of the botnet. The botnet will leave and the diff will adjust very quick again.

This is an example of sumodevs excellent skills Smiley

For more information check the pull on git (since I can't explaine it in a good way)

https://github.com/sumoprojects/sumokoin/pull/10
Is there something wrong with the blockchain? All the mining pools aren't receiving blocks anymore. When I go to https://pool.sumokoin.com it says that they found the last block 36 minutes ago, but Global more than an hour ago. All the pools have a global status of more than an hour ago.

A lovely bot applied 5 MH/s to the network gained a couple of blocks, saw that there is no profit for it and departed leaving the diff quite high for the rest of the miners. Dont worry in the next ten minutes or so a block will be found and there will be a sudden drop in global hashrate

Ok, I see even the official pool is not able to find a block for the last hour. Just when my private pool needs to confirm my first block ever found with one more block, this happens, haha.  Cheesy

A block was just found and the diff decreased. Everything is back to normal. Its better to have such incidents now and then, blocks taking a bit time more to be found due to botnets joining and departing since there is no profit for them due to our diff algo, than having them constantly plaguing our network meaning no profit for the rest of the miners. Being first or second on whattomine tempts them to try and get on our network with no results for them as you can see.

Yeah, the block that I found with my private pool is unlocked  Smiley. But the difficulty now is crazy (3.8G):
2017-11-29 10:48:27 [pool] (Thread 1) New block to mine at height 75113 w/ difficulty of 1626669974
2017-11-29 10:51:55 [pool] (Thread 1) New block to mine at height 75114 w/ difficulty of 3809205434 (?!?)
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Net hash rate doubled from last week. Volume on Cryptopia too... Must be Sumo is gaining some interest.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Is there something wrong with the blockchain? All the mining pools aren't receiving blocks anymore. When I go to https://pool.sumokoin.com it says that they found the last block 36 minutes ago, but Global more than an hour ago. All the pools have a global status of more than an hour ago.

A lovely bot applied 5 MH/s to the network gained a couple of blocks, saw that there is no profit for it and departed leaving the diff quite high for the rest of the miners. Dont worry in the next ten minutes or so a block will be found and there will be a sudden drop in global hashrate

Ok, I see even the official pool is not able to find a block for the last hour. Just when my private pool needs to confirm my first block ever found with one more block, this happens, haha.  Cheesy

A block was just found and the diff decreased. Everything is back to normal. Its better to have such incidents now and then, blocks taking a bit time more to be found due to botnets joining and departing since there is no profit for them due to our diff algo, than having them constantly plaguing our network meaning no profit for the rest of the miners. Being first or second on whattomine tempts them to try and get on our network with no results for them as you can see.

Activity: 52
Hello Friends I would like to ask if you can make a paper wallet in sumokoin ?

Just write down your seed words and keys on a paper note and voilà you have a paper wallet. From those you can restore your wallet if anything happens to it.
Activity: 1
Hello Friends I would like to ask if you can make a paper wallet in sumokoin ?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Just check whattomine and think about it ... And of course it depends if you want to mine & sell or mine & hold. My hopes (or dreams  Grin) are, that Sumo will reach at least 50$/coin in one or two years. This is pure speculation, but I won't sell a single one of my precious Sumos for a long time 
Sumokoin is japanese  should on asian exchange but right is not

are the dev doing something for this ?

No. As dev said lots of times before they don't want the coin on more exchanges. Two is just fine. Forever.

Excuse me? You yourself mentioned a few days ago that the coin has been accepted on Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance and Kraken:

Sumo is accepted on Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance and Kraken. They just try to go live on exactly the same time. After they figured that out, the announcements will come

Look buddy .... that was sarcasm ... There even was a smiley behind it. How can you think a 6 month old coin will be listed on the biggest exchanges? And the comment on "never on other exchanges" is wrong, too (of course). See ... the question about new exchanges comes at least 5 times a day.

Be patient! This is NOT an ICO. It is a (smallcap) coin! If are very welcome to help: Talk about Sumo. Read about it. Tweet about it. But don't ask questions that has been asked at least 100times in this ANN.

Thank you.
Using Tor

While Sumokoin isn't made to integrate with Tor, it can be used wrapped with torsocks, if you add --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1 to the sumokoind command line. You also want to set DNS requests to go over TCP, so they'll be routed through Tor, by setting DNS_PUBLIC=tcp. You may also disable IGD (UPnP port forwarding negotiation), which is pointless with Tor. To allow local connections from the wallet, you might have to add TORSOCKS_ALLOW_INBOUND=1, some OSes need it and some don't. Example:

DNS_PUBLIC=tcp torsocks sumokoind --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1 --no-igd

or:

DNS_PUBLIC=tcp TORSOCKS_ALLOW_INBOUND=1 torsocks sumokoind --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1 --no-igd

TAILS ships with a very restrictive set of firewall rules. Therefore, you need to add a rule to allow this connection too, in addition to telling torsocks to allow inbound connections. Full example:

sudo iptables -I OUTPUT 2 -p tcp -d 127.0.0.1 -m tcp --dport 18081 -j ACCEPT

DNS_PUBLIC=tcp torsocks ./sumokoind --p2p-bind-ip 127.0.0.1 --no-igd --rpc-bind-ip 127.0.0.1 --data-dir /home/your/directory/to/the/blockchain

./sumo-wallet-cli
Activity: 282
Merit: 100
What's going on with such aggressive n hostile attitude here. Take a chill pill n calm down.
Activity: 34

No. As dev said lots of times before they don't want the coin on more exchanges. Two is just fine. Forever.

Excuse me? You yourself mentioned a few days ago that the coin has been accepted on Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance and Kraken:

Sumo is accepted on Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance and Kraken. They just try to go live on exactly the same time. After they figured that out, the announcements will come

Activity: 432
Merit: 250
sumo could have a nice future. worth bagging a few!
Activity: 34

Holding after death seems easy... don't you think so  Cheesy
Jump to: