Author

Topic: [ANN] SuperNET NXT asset 12071612744977229797, SUPERNET KMD assetchain in summer - page 284. (Read 736775 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Saturday-Sunday may not convenient for some folks as they could be away from their computers. So has to be Friday.
good point, but maybe the 15% and 14% bonus should go to those who are never away from their computers Smiley
legendary
Can anyone please explain how does this work? I read the 1st page but I am not still clear:

1, Would I be able to buy SuperNet? And when I buy do I buy shares or assets?
2, How do I buy? using NXT, BTCD or BTC?
3, How does this incorporate other coins? And what's the point of doing that?
4, BTCD will be the core? What does that mean?

Thanks....

I'll attempt to answer this in the meantime, and if I'm incorrect on any point hopefully James or another person who is part of the project can correct me.

1. Some time in the next few days there will be an IPO selling shares on Poloniex. James had initially mentioned a 15% bonus for buying on the the first day with subsequent decreases in bonus percentage as time goes on. For example 2nd day might be 14% bonus and decreasing a further one person each day after. I don't think this is confirmed yet though.

2. James has stated that he intends for people to be able to buy shares in NXT, BTCD, and BTC. With purchases in NXT and BTCD receiving a 5% bonus in shares.

3. The point of the supernetwork is to incorporate the features from other coins in to the network and make them available for use via a GUI embedded in the wallets of coins that are part of the network. For example someone wishing to send a transaction that took advantage of BBR's ring signature anonymous technology from their BTCD wallet could do so via the superNET GUI on their BTCD wallet. In addition to coins sharing features I believe many of the services that James is currently developing will be offered for use via the same superNET GUI. The point of all this is to leverage the network effect for all coins involved.

4. Since BTCD is James' personal coin I'd imagine that all of the development of the superNET will be first implemented on BTCD as well as all features being rolled out first via the BTCD wallet. Since it's the first member of the superNET you might consider it the hub of the network.
Can I hire you?
Seriously, you are understanding very well the SuperNET!

I have tender spot in my heart for NXT, the first crypto community that supported me and of course BTCD, the coin I adopted when it was a small baby when I accidentally became its core dev.

So, I am giving some small advantages to these, but it is not just sentimentality, but really a proof that I am taking care of my investments and my communities and with SuperNET, this becomes in much larger scope.

James

If you were being serious about hiring him, I can demonstrate this level of understanding of the SuperNet as I've read everything you've posted in the last 3 weeks, if i don't know it yet I can learn it quickly. The SuperNET and Teleport on the surface are complex, so I was drawn to understanding them. The darkpaper was a lot of fun wrapping my mind around the ideas. Research is my hobby and making money would be amazing. If you need someone for something, let me know, I'll be interested definitely.
contact noashh for this sort of thing, he is coordinating things
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
Saturday-Sunday may not convenient for some folks as they could be away from their computers. So has to be Friday.

or MOONday  Grin
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Can anyone please explain how does this work? I read the 1st page but I am not still clear:

1, Would I be able to buy SuperNet? And when I buy do I buy shares or assets?
2, How do I buy? using NXT, BTCD or BTC?
3, How does this incorporate other coins? And what's the point of doing that?
4, BTCD will be the core? What does that mean?

Thanks....

I'll attempt to answer this in the meantime, and if I'm incorrect on any point hopefully James or another person who is part of the project can correct me.

1. Some time in the next few days there will be an IPO selling shares on Poloniex. James had initially mentioned a 15% bonus for buying on the the first day with subsequent decreases in bonus percentage as time goes on. For example 2nd day might be 14% bonus and decreasing a further one person each day after. I don't think this is confirmed yet though.

2. James has stated that he intends for people to be able to buy shares in NXT, BTCD, and BTC. With purchases in NXT and BTCD receiving a 5% bonus in shares.

3. The point of the supernetwork is to incorporate the features from other coins in to the network and make them available for use via a GUI embedded in the wallets of coins that are part of the network. For example someone wishing to send a transaction that took advantage of BBR's ring signature anonymous technology from their BTCD wallet could do so via the superNET GUI on their BTCD wallet. In addition to coins sharing features I believe many of the services that James is currently developing will be offered for use via the same superNET GUI. The point of all this is to leverage the network effect for all coins involved.

4. Since BTCD is James' personal coin I'd imagine that all of the development of the superNET will be first implemented on BTCD as well as all features being rolled out first via the BTCD wallet. Since it's the first member of the superNET you might consider it the hub of the network.
Can I hire you?
Seriously, you are understanding very well the SuperNET!

I have tender spot in my heart for NXT, the first crypto community that supported me and of course BTCD, the coin I adopted when it was a small baby when I accidentally became its core dev.

So, I am giving some small advantages to these, but it is not just sentimentality, but really a proof that I am taking care of my investments and my communities and with SuperNET, this becomes in much larger scope.

James

If you were being serious about hiring him, I can demonstrate this level of understanding of the SuperNet as I've read everything you've posted in the last 3 weeks, if i don't know it yet I can learn it quickly. The SuperNET and Teleport on the surface are complex, so I was drawn to understanding them. The darkpaper was a lot of fun wrapping my mind around the ideas. Research is my hobby and making money would be amazing. If you need someone for something, let me know, I'll be interested definitely.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Now how much notice is needed before the start?

24 hours is more than enough, no point to delay more.

I think there'll prob be people form different timezones participating so even if we assume everyone interested checks btt everyday I think at least 2 days are in order.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
P.S. A simplified version of the price changing could be done on NXT AE like shortNXT does, eg. if there is some big price change. At the exchange, it is just a 1:1 dividend, so it is pretty simple using NXT AE.

Hopefully that means yes for NXT AE enthusiasts Smiley in whatever form it happens there, doesn't have to be complex or involve calculation of the price to the last NXTQuant. NXT AE enthusiasts can trade a few NXTQuants for the trustless purchase mechanism.
yes and the 5% bonus provides the padding against market fluctuations

OK, so I think some few more details and we could be ready.

you have all lights of cryptoworld on you
Smiley

24 hours is more than enough, no point to delay more.
legendary
P.S. A simplified version of the price changing could be done on NXT AE like shortNXT does, eg. if there is some big price change. At the exchange, it is just a 1:1 dividend, so it is pretty simple using NXT AE.

Hopefully that means yes for NXT AE enthusiasts Smiley in whatever form it happens there, doesn't have to be complex or involve calculation of the price to the last NXTQuant. NXT AE enthusiasts can trade a few NXTQuants for the trustless purchase mechanism.
yes and the 5% bonus provides the padding against market fluctuations

OK, so I think some few more details and we could be ready.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
I will be making two assets, one will be called TOKEN with 0 decimals and it will have a price range of 0.01 to 0.0115 BTC

The price starts at 0.01 BTC and linearly goes to 0.0115 over two weeks (14 * 1440 minutes) so each minute there is a small increase in price. At each minute there will be 1000 TOKEN available in each supported currency any unsold will carry over to the next minute, with a cap of 5000 TOKEN.

For non-BTC sales, a conversion rate is calculated using a slow moving average (eg. 24 hours) so somebody would have to be pushing the price for an entire day, just to get a lower effective price for their TOKEN. Clearly not practical. The NXT and BTCD conversion rate is adjust with the 5% bonus and the TOKEN is made available just like for BTC.

In the event fiat denominated TOKEN is available, the conversion process is used like described in the previous paragraph, but without any 5% bonus.

On the 14th day to the 26th day, a test is made to see if 3% of the total has been raised that day. If not the process stops 2 days later. 28 days is the max duration.

At this point I will purchase TOKEN at the 0.0115 BTC price using the my core assets and any other InstantDEX that is made available using the coinmarketcap price - 1/2 of the 24hr change. this is an easy to calculate average of the current price and 24hrs ago. The asset prices are more stable so using a reasonable market price average and as balanced of set of assets, but not exceeding 10% of TOKEN, I get my TOKEN. All excess TOKEN will be burned at this point, though it doesnt really matter as TOKEN is only good for a 1:1 swap with SuperNET asset. I am not sure if the exchange fee is coming when the donation is made or whether I am doing it at this point by issuing some SuperNET to cover the trade commissions. In any case, it will be something like 0.2%

Now I can issue a matching number of SuperNET asset with 4 decimals and it is exchanged for the TOKEN on a 1:1 basis.
And the trading begins

James

P.P.S. I think similar to sharkfund0, for those just allergic to any exchange, I can accommodate larger purchases with non-standard crypto on a case by case basis, but without any special bonuses and if it is non-standard crypto, I might even ask for a discount. This will get some diversification to the SuperNET portfolio, and I dont think it will be used that much, just something that is available in those rare cases.

When will the launched day and time be announced and how much advance notice will we be given?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
GOD!The IPO of JL777.I can't miss it Smiley
legendary
I will be making two assets, one will be called TOKEN with 0 decimals and it will have a price range of 0.01 to 0.0115 BTC

The price starts at 0.01 BTC and linearly goes to 0.0115 over two weeks (14 * 1440 minutes) so each minute there is a small increase in price. At each minute there will be 1000 TOKEN available in each supported currency any unsold will carry over to the next minute, with a cap of 5000 TOKEN.

For non-BTC sales, a conversion rate is calculated using a slow moving average (eg. 24 hours) so somebody would have to be pushing the price for an entire day, just to get a lower effective price for their TOKEN. Clearly not practical. The NXT and BTCD conversion rate is adjust with the 5% bonus and the TOKEN is made available just like for BTC.

In the event fiat denominated TOKEN is available, the conversion process is used like described in the previous paragraph, but without any 5% bonus.

On the 14th day to the 26th day, a test is made to see if 3% of the total has been raised that day. If not the process stops 2 days later. 28 days is the max duration.

At this point I will purchase TOKEN at the 0.0115 BTC price using the my core assets and any other InstantDEX that is made available using the coinmarketcap price - 1/2 of the 24hr change. this is an easy to calculate average of the current price and 24hrs ago. The asset prices are more stable so using a reasonable market price average and as balanced of set of assets, but not exceeding 10% of TOKEN, I get my TOKEN. All excess TOKEN will be burned at this point, though it doesnt really matter as TOKEN is only good for a 1:1 swap with SuperNET asset. I am not sure if the exchange fee is coming when the donation is made or whether I am doing it at this point by issuing some SuperNET to cover the trade commissions. In any case, it will be something like 0.2%

Now I can issue a matching number of SuperNET asset with 4 decimals and it is exchanged for the TOKEN on a 1:1 basis.
And the trading begins

James

P.P.S. I think similar to sharkfund0, for those just allergic to any exchange, I can accommodate larger purchases with non-standard crypto on a case by case basis, but without any special bonuses and if it is non-standard crypto, I might even ask for a discount. This will get some diversification to the SuperNET portfolio, and I dont think it will be used that much, just something that is available in those rare cases.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!
I have an economical question here about the investment - purely from a greed standpoint Smiley

We can all agree that Ethereum is going to be a huge dump, EVEN if its the best coin ever, the price of Ether is going to drop like a stone because there is so much of it and so many people had a chance to buy. So Ether will be cheaper (probably much so) within the first 6 months (probably much less) than it was in the IPO.

What is to stop the same thing from happening to SecureNet? Yes, the CORE coins could grow in value before release, increasing the value of the SuperNet asset. But if this is really the 2nd largest IPO in history, how the heck will the asset price stay afloat the first few months or days? And what if for some reason the Core coins decrease in value (post IPO dump?) after the launch of SecureNet?

I'm just playing devils advocate here. Please feel free to delete this post.

Disagree, you will never get your hands on Ether for IPO prices.

HaHa. Already can. MP is selling Ether futures for 5x the IPO price. Cause he knows its goina crash.

Yeah and there are some guys telling everybody that Doge will overtake BTC. Who cares?

I was simply pointing out that I can get Ether for 1/5 th the price you paid for today, redeemable 6 months after launch. So, yes I can get it IPO prices and much better.

Alright, from a very trustworthy unknown out of btt, haha, go ahead. You give him money and get the shares in one year. Nice deal.
legendary
I have an economical question here about the investment - purely from a greed standpoint Smiley

We can all agree that Ethereum is going to be a huge dump, EVEN if its the best coin ever, the price of Ether is going to drop like a stone because there is so much of it and so many people had a chance to buy. So Ether will be cheaper (probably much so) within the first 6 months (probably much less) than it was in the IPO.

What is to stop the same thing from happening to SecureNet? Yes, the CORE coins could grow in value before release, increasing the value of the SuperNet asset. But if this is really the 2nd largest IPO in history, how the heck will the asset price stay afloat the first few months or days? And what if for some reason the Core coins decrease in value (post IPO dump?) after the launch of SecureNet?

HaHa. Already can. MP is selling Ether futures for 5x the IPO price. Cause he knows its goina crash.

Yeah and there are some guys telling everybody that Doge will overtake BTC. Who cares?

I was simply pointing out that I can get Ether for 1/5 th the price you paid for today, redeemable 6 months after launch. So, yes I can get it IPO prices and much better.
Never back down !!!

Activity: 695
There's a steady flow of NXT and BTC flowing into Poloniex at the moment.  Grin

proofs?

Take my word for it, it's me.  Grin
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

Ethereum raised $15 million (31k+ BTC). That's a lot to live up to. Not impossible, but it had better be good.
And a nice target for SuperNET. Smiley

Edit: UNITY should not crash below buy-in price as it's backed by the currencies it holds, which will be long-term HODL. People would effectively be selling for below-market rates. (Presumably there won't be a redemption mechanism to convert a UNITY share back into its component cryptos and additional assets, but I don't know how this would affect the price.)
Never back down !!!

Jump to: