Pages:
Author

Topic: ☆☆ [ANN] SURGE ~~ A NEW WAVE IS COMING ~ LAUNCHED ~ TRADING ON POLONIEX ☆☆ - page 44. (Read 70359 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Looks interesting!
I want to get this
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
x11 is a good algo.
Dark and hiro both prove it popular.
Activity: 14
1st page!!! Cheesy
wish you the best for your coin
legendary
Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000
You should get rid of the ad when we visit the website; it's very annoying.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Signed for the giveaway! Also I would like to reserve the italian translation!

No problem just reply once you're done, we appriciate it!
Activity: 280
Signed for the giveaway! Also I would like to reserve the italian translation!
reward halving time seems to be missing

Blocks will be halved aproximetly every 6 months!

Web page won't load for me.  Says can't find it.

We just updated a new website design so it looks smoother and easier to navigate. Give it 30 min to update properly. Should work tho.
Activity: 16
reward halving time seems to be missing
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030
Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!
Web page won't load for me.  Says can't find it.
Activity: 434
Pretty sure I'm late on this but I signed up anyway.

You are not late at all. At this moment we are close to 350 sign ups!
Activity: 257
Merit: 100
Pretty sure I'm late on this but I signed up anyway.
What is the IRC channel?

We don't have an IRC channel at this moment. We will have on launch or sooner if there is demand.

Also, can you answer my previous PM?  I would like to get started as soon as possible for launch right after the launch Smiley.

Just dropped you a PM: Thank you for your interested in Surge!
Activity: 84
legendary
What is the IRC channel?

We don't have an IRC channel at this moment. We will have on launch or sooner if there is demand.

Also, can you answer my previous PM?  I would like to get started as soon as possible for launch right after the launch Smiley.
What is the IRC channel?

legendary
X11 - Originally from Darkcoin and created by Evan Duffield. X11 uses the following for complex hashing, blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd and echo. There is GPU mining software available for X11 which makes it a suitable hashing solution. CPU only coins quickly become run by botnets and virtual machines with large numbers of vCPUs. GPU mining protects against this sort of unfair mining. Because of the complexity in X11 it is unlikely that we would see an ASIC for it any time soon, keeping coins that choose X11 to be mined on common and affordable hardware, therefore decentralising the hash power as originally intended by Satoshi.

X11 WILL be the most popular hashing solution going forward. It offers similar rewards yet uses a fraction of electricity as scrypt or scrypt-jane. The cards can run about 30-50% cooler as well. If you're NOT at least taking this into consideration, you're doing yourself and the community a disservice.

Yes I am quite aware of what X11 is we just chose not to go for it for simplicity sake. Also we want to attract as much miners to get on board, because the more active the mining community the better. There is always a matter of time before highly optimized hardware comes and dominates the hash rate let alone of all possible bugs and exploits that might occur. I am not saying this is the case, but it is a possibility with a new alghoritm.

We might replace it later down the line if we see fit but for now we prefer going the standard route.

We are open to suggestions and feedback but we feel this is the way to go. Atleast for the time being.
Activity: 448
X11 - Originally from Darkcoin and created by Evan Duffield. X11 uses the following for complex hashing, blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd and echo. There is GPU mining software available for X11 which makes it a suitable hashing solution. CPU only coins quickly become run by botnets and virtual machines with large numbers of vCPUs. GPU mining protects against this sort of unfair mining. Because of the complexity in X11 it is unlikely that we would see an ASIC for it any time soon, keeping coins that choose X11 to be mined on common and affordable hardware, therefore decentralising the hash power as originally intended by Satoshi.

X11 WILL be the most popular hashing solution going forward. It offers similar rewards yet uses a fraction of electricity as scrypt or scrypt-jane. The cards can run about 30-50% cooler as well. If you're NOT at least taking this into consideration, you're doing yourself and the community a disservice.
Pages:
Jump to: