Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD] - page 2. (Read 139863 times)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10
August 20, 2017, 04:02:59 PM
Hi guys I just wanted to try and get this forum ticking over again and explain a little about how I see the past / current situations that Swarm Fund faced.  I am a Swarm 1.0 investor and have recently become more involved with the community via Telegram. I've been speaking closely with Joel and other founders and feel I've now understood a little better. Yes as an early investor I could be accused of being biased but I'm going to write this anyway as it all makes sense to me anyway. Happy to hear your feedback.

It seems to me that Swarm 1.0 got to a stage in 2014 / early 2015 when they realised that having to actively seek start-up projects for their crowdfunding platform was a dead end. They were trying to build a business around trying to assist start ups in the hope that somewhere down the line these guys would make a profit and be worth something....this is clearly a long drawn out process and is not good for valuations or a good business model.  It seems a lot like the chicken and egg dilemma. You have a new fundraising platform .....and there are no projects worth investing into on it..... So you get very few investors visiting the platform / website.... this dilemma is what I feel eventually drove Swarm back into stealth mode between 2015 and 2017.  Despite the irregular communications however there was still work going on behind the scenes, which anyone that followed Joel could see as he was still talking at conferences and using the title "Founder, Swarm".

During this stealth period the team grew and diversified significantly.  Many working groups that included regulators, Stanford / MIT academics and industry professionals were notched up and a unique DAO-like framework that involves full control of the foundation by the token holders has now begun to be built. Their Github is testament to this.  

With their new Token Offering in September Swarm Fund is returning and their chicken and egg dilemma it seems has been resolved. Swarm Fund will not have to wait for projects to come to them. During their stealth period Swarm Fund established a handful of fund partnerships which are waiting to accept capital now. So.... a large proportion of the Token Sale capital will be deployed immediately into EXISTING & PROFITABLE PARTNER FUNDS across a variety of otherwise exclusive verticals (Distressed Real Estate, SaaS /  Tech and Renewables to name a few). So in a nutshell (not an eggshell).... the capital raised over and above the Token Sale software dev cap will be begin to be put to work immediately via their deployment into these existing businesses. Swarm won't give up the identity of these existing parter funds at the moment, however any seriously interested investors can sign an NDA and one of the founders will be happy to discuss it over a web conference call.

Any profits generated via the sub-funds are redistributed via a software licence fee that is either paid into a Swarm Token Pool for reinvestment or distributed amongst token holders as a bonus, in a stake-weighted manner.  It is the Swarm Token holders stake-weighted vote that decides which of the above happens.

Plus, given that all tokens have full, rather than limited, voting rights (i.e. the investor has to do some work to receive any gains from the foundation),  this also means they are not counted as Securities by the SEC referenced Howey Test.

Joel recently wrote a pretty decent Medium post on their blog about all this Smiley :  

https://medium.com/@Swarm/the-problem-with-icos-c64f67dd8c04

Oh.... a note on the Swarm 1.0 tokens for redemption. There are a bunch tied up in Poloniex at the moment and many people are trying to make contact with them to get them released. I was lucky enough to move mine back to Counterparty wallet before the wallets were blocked but I'm trying to help out by launching a Thunderclap campaign to do a massive social media hit. Anyone interested should get in touch with me (@MrCheek) via the Telegram group: https://t.me/swarmfund

I hope I've been able to clear a few things up here! It took me a while to get the full picture but I'm now up to speed and keen to hear everyone's thoughts.

Cheers!
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
August 16, 2017, 03:28:46 AM
After the conversion the site https://tokenswap.swarm.fund/ never seems to update the timestap of the field "Last update".
For days on a row it is stating te same value for the timestamp.
I already mailed with the support mailaddress without a reaction.

This is what is shows after the conversion for days:
You have successfully burned: 0 SWARM 1.0 tokens
Last update: 2017-08-12T11:45:47.724Z

It started working now: the page shows a more recent time stamp:
Last update: 2017-08-16T13:05:32.925Z
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
So no news ?!?!
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
Did anyone receive any instructions about how to retrieve the tokens?

No and I doubt they will ever communicate that.
legendary
Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037
Did anyone receive any instructions about how to retrieve the tokens?
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
I'm buying old Counterparty SWARM. Please contact me if you are interested in selling.

I'm swapping SWARM 1:2 (100% profit). Please contact me if you are interested in swapping burning your SWARM.

Bruno
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
I'm buying old Counterparty SWARM. Please contact me if you are interested in selling.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Are you telling me this scam is still active ?
Activity: 728
Merit: 350
Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

PSA: I would wait to redeem you old swarm tokens. I thinking someone had insider information and try to get us to "burn them for cheap to CoinProLite (CPL)

www.swarm.fund/whitepaper  
We are able to redeem our old swarm token for $0.10 into the new swarm project.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aTI7i-GkvxBWT3YUU4vGpUcAF2D21yzz4lF52GxFqrI/edit

according to page 17
Swarm 1.0 Redemption (reserve)
In a previous iteration of Swarm in 2014 (see appendix for more details), 24% of the previous token offering has been sold via a counterparty asset. In this new offering we have included to allow these previous tokens to be redeemable at $0.10 each and swapped into the new SWARM ERC20 token at the curren t rate. This process will be operated in the same way STORJ conducted their redemption process and we we will be partnering with the STORJ team to use their platform and processes developed for this purpose.

Ok if it's really like that I will eat my words. However, I would have expected a bit more communication from the team instead of having to find out about all this through other people. And of course, I'm not so sure this will lift off after how the first venture was managed.

I'm gonna clear this up real quick! I did not nor do not have any inside information pertaining to SWARM. My offer at the time was genuine and in no way was trying to get SWARM on the cheap. In fact, the offer was designed to give you more CPL than SWARM - 1:2 - during the swap/burn ICO.

That said, here's our new offer: WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING SWARM TOKENS DURING OUR ICO.

Feel free to try to get us to reconsider.

Bruno (Chinese name: Luŏ Xióng; 裸熊)
legendary

PSA: I would wait to redeem you old swarm tokens. I thinking someone had insider information and try to get us to "burn them for cheap to CoinProLite (CPL)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aTI7i-GkvxBWT3YUU4vGpUcAF2D21yzz4lF52GxFqrI/edit

according to page 17
In a previous iteration of Swarm in 2014 (see appendix for more details), 24% of the previous token offering has been sold via a counterparty asset. In this new offering we have included to allow these previous tokens to be redeemable at $0.10 each and swapped into the new SWARM ERC20 token at the curren t rate. This process will be operated in the same way STORJ conducted their redemption process and we we will be partnering with the STORJ team to use their platform and processes developed for this purpose.

Ok if it's really like that I will eat my words. However, I would have expected a bit more communication from the team instead of having to find out about all this through other people. And of course, I'm not so sure this will lift off after how the first venture was managed.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

according to page 17

legendary
Is Swarm 2.0 the update from the old counterparty token swarm !??!

No it's not. It's a new scam from the same guy who fleeced his investors 3 years ago, who is now cheeky enough to use the same name for his second ripoff. Otherwise he would show up here in this thread he started instead of vanishing in thin air and reappearing somewhere else.
legendary
Activity: 1364
Is Swarm 2.0 the update from the old counterparty token swarm !??!
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
legendary
So, they are reviving the swarm token?

Anyone still holding any and want to sell me some?

I don't think you are going to get anything from this scammer.
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

How 'bout a even swap (or better) via a burn?
legendary
Activity: 1372
I'm holding.  What is your offer?
legendary
Activity: 1498

Activity: 728
Merit: 350
Re-monetizing YouTubers via Crypto-commodities

Watch out for SWARM scam 2.0 - https://cofound.it/

Ingenious! http://www.banklesstimes.com/2017/04/07/cofound-it-to-assist-with-icos/

An incubator crypto entity created a token designed to back nescant crypto entities, with the first one outta the gate an incubator entity designed to back other nescant crypto entities with its token, of which, again, backs another incubator entity designed to back further crypto entities limited to 10 at first, having strict guidelines which none of their pet projects will have any trouble hurdling, in which at least one will most likely be another incubator crypto entity.

"NOOooooooooo! Not more incubator crypto entity tokens. Please have mercy!"

How close am I?
Pages:
Jump to: