Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Swarm Fund 1.0 - [OFFLINE THREAD] - page 10. (Read 139863 times)

Activity: 598
Merit: 501
The new forum is live! Take a look at:

http://discourse.swarm.fund/

Feel free to ask questions here as well..
PointNurse Partners with Swarm to Create first Global Distributed Telemedicine and Telehealth Collaborative Organization.

PointNurse, a new telehealth and telemedicine startup company, has announced a partnership with Palo Alto based Swarm Fund to help create the first Global Telemedicine and Telehealth Distributive Collaborative Organization. PointNurse will be joining four other companies selected by the Swarm Fund community in February in their incubator and crowdfunding program.Unlike other telemedicine and telehealth companies such as Teledoc, DrOnDemand, and MDLIVE, in which providers are paid fees for service, PointNurse will be deploying a community model in which providers can join the community as members, receive fees and have a proportional stake in the software platform.  “We believe, unlike Uber and AirBnB, where only a small group of individuals have control and say in the business or economic upside, our distributive collaborative organizational structure gives our healthcare providers a vote in the governance of the platform and pro-rata upside in its potential value as demand rises for its use,” says Cyrus Maaghul, Founder and CEO of PointNurse. “Telehealth and Telemedicine are inherently collaborative environments involving many different groups of providers to effectively engage consumers and provide high quality care and better outcomes.  We think this model is superior to existing models in this space today.” PointNurse is a consumer oriented service designed around a highly secure and encrypted peer-to-peer video, voice, and text technology to enable easy access to clinical nurse practitioners, doctors, psychiatrists, social workers and other licensed professionals to have prompt and confidential conversations.  The community is comprised of over 60 healthcare practitioners and rapidly growing.

http://www.webwire.com/ViewPressRel.asp?aId=196827
The 25 most exciting bitcoin startups, according to Business Insider...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/25-most-exciting-bitcoin-startups-in-the-world-ethereum-21-coinbase-coindesk-2015-3?op=1

Swarm's at number 8  Roll Eyes

it is quite easy to vote using a blockchian, here I explain how:
http://youtu.be/OCYesv79ITc?t=5m32s

Great presentation! Thnx. This is exactly the system SWARM uses on Counterparty.
legendary
Activity: 1851
Merit: 1020
Get Rekt
it is quite easy to vote using a blockchian, here I explain how:
http://youtu.be/OCYesv79ITc?t=5m32s
February 26, 2015, 04:34:31 AM
Thanks, also what is the reason for such a short window to apply, applications close only 4 days after the original announcement right?

I don't really know about that. But a lot of teams are interested, last funding there where over 50 teams who applied as far as I remember...
February 26, 2015, 04:29:55 AM
Voting "REBOOT"... using different platform
https://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/runoff-election-reboot/

"No system is perfect on its first day out. So thanks for hanging in there and for your willingness to think outside of the box with us.
“These are growing pains. The important thing to remember is that we are all in this, building the digital economy, together"

I heard there were some problems  Shocked In the beginning the blockchain voting for SWARM itself was done by sending out voting coins (payed out as "dividend") to the
counterparty wallets. This was a bit confusing, so now there's a new platform, not without a little pain at the start.  Grin
Activity: 714
Merit: 502
February 26, 2015, 03:41:09 AM
Will swarm allow funding in fiat currencies?

Yes, you can use a creditcard or other payments on Stripe (they are integrated on the website). That will make it a lot more easy for people who don't want to buy BTC first. Now you can create a Counterwallet and buy coins from the project you like and get them sent to your wallet.

Thanks, also what is the reason for such a short window to apply, applications close only 4 days after the original announcement right?
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
February 25, 2015, 05:24:23 PM
Glad to hear about the BTC Foundation Voting.  This will provide a big boost to SWARM and to Counterparty in general.

Question: I hold some (small) amount of SWARM, and I have since the pre-sale.  I have not however received any additional "project coins" which is what I thought would be happening.  Do I have the wrong idea?

Same here, I had the SWARM-PRE, SWARM and a number of voting coins over a period of a few months. I did got Comiccoin and some voting coins for that project as well. What I know is that the projects after that were responsible for paying out that "dividend" themselves, and that there where some issues with that. For the next projects this should be fixed in a technical way now. Which means that the SWARM-platform will take care of that. No need for teams to run command-line clients etc. This "dividend" will only work if you use the Counterparty-platform. No idea where the coins go if you store them on Poloniex or something...     

Voting "REBOOT"... using different platform
https://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/runoff-election-reboot/
February 25, 2015, 03:33:09 PM
Wow - that's cool. So coins can be bought directly without going through purchase of BTC as an intermediary step?

Yes indeed  Cool
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 25, 2015, 03:12:20 PM

Yes, you can use a creditcard or other payments on Stripe (they are integrated on the website). That will make it a lot more easy for people who don't want to buy BTC first. Now you can create a Counterwallet and buy coins from the project you like and get them sent to your wallet.

Wow - that's cool. So coins can be bought directly without going through purchase of BTC as an intermediary step?
February 25, 2015, 01:43:48 PM

Activity: 714
Merit: 502
February 25, 2015, 12:34:29 PM
February 25, 2015, 12:26:19 PM
Glad to hear about the BTC Foundation Voting.  This will provide a big boost to SWARM and to Counterparty in general.

Question: I hold some (small) amount of SWARM, and I have since the pre-sale.  I have not however received any additional "project coins" which is what I thought would be happening.  Do I have the wrong idea?

Same here, I had the SWARM-PRE, SWARM and a number of voting coins over a period of a few months. I did got Comiccoin and some voting coins for that project as well. What I know is that the projects after that were responsible for paying out that "dividend" themselves, and that there where some issues with that. For the next projects this should be fixed in a technical way now. Which means that the SWARM-platform will take care of that. No need for teams to run command-line clients etc. This "dividend" will only work if you use the Counterparty-platform. No idea where the coins go if you store them on Poloniex or something...     
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 25, 2015, 11:54:20 AM

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
February 25, 2015, 08:57:43 AM
I guess my key question is:
Is what Swarm gets tied to what the Swarm campaign generates in terms of funding? There don't seem to be any links anywhere specifying the terms.

As I said before, the details will be made clear way before the new projects start their funding. But to already give a little answer to your question, SWARM is way cheaper than
let's say kickstarter and others taking between 5% and 10% of the crowdfunded money. SWARM's also kinda different to them. SWARM supports the new projects with time, legal advice etc.
It's quite thinkable that Swarmcoin holders get a fee in coins for the new projects. Counterparty provides the possibility to pay out coins (like BTC) as a sort of "dividend". And because
SWARM is holding coins themselves, the answer to your question would be yes, it should be a win-win situation where everyone involved shares risk and (hopefully) some profit.

Thank you - this clarifies things a bit. I think the scenario I wondered about was whether Swarm gets a fixed x% of a startup's coins even if the crowdsale only manages to raise the minimum $5,000 from Focus and not much more than that. Maybe that's unlikely, but with market conditions being what they are these days, just wondering what happens under such a scenario.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
February 25, 2015, 08:56:52 AM
ohh this is interesting.. :thumbsup:
February 25, 2015, 08:28:05 AM
Voting on the Blockchain - Version 1.0

SWARM has partnered with the Bitcoin Foundation to help them vote on the blockchain.

"For the past several weeks, the Bitcoin Foundation has been working to develop an on-blockchain voting system that provides even greater transparency into the voting process -- with every vote being recorded on the blockchain. “The Foundation's mission is to advance blockchain technology and this is an important new avenue of innovation,” said Patrick Murck, Executive Director of the Bitcoin Foundation. “While we may not have the smoothest experience in this experimental launch, it's important for us to push the boundaries and spark innovation -- even if things get a little messy sometimes.”
We found a willing partner in Swarm and the new platform is finally ready for its first election. The Bitcoin Foundation is the first to attempt a vote of this kind on the blockchain and we are excited to have our Bitcoin Foundation members participate in this historic moment."

Great thumbs up for both the teams!

Here's the article:

http://blog.bitcoinfoundation.org/voting-on-the-blockchain-version-1-0/
February 25, 2015, 07:21:00 AM
Haven't really read up on swarm...  But I'm curious... What if I have a project/idea, how can i get funding via swarm?

Great to hear you are interested in the project. Here's a link if you want to apply for being reviewed for funding. This round 5 new projects will
get funding.

http://swarm.force.com/

Take a close read here as well for some more info about where SWARM is standing at this moment:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113541/swarms-accepting-submissions-for-second-class-investments-and-announces-legal-framework-for-dcos

Feel free to ask any questions....

Pages:
Jump to: