Author

Topic: [ANN] TagCoin - Multi Token Wallet and Trading Platform - page 105. (Read 301274 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Am I doing it right?

Technically, yes.  Theoretically, no... not until we get to the hard fork.  Pretty sure you're going to see a bunch, if not all, of that disappear, but I could be wrong.  But if you are on the right fork, you're helping us get to 12000, so then it's a yes again.

Would someone with more experience with a hard-fork situation like to elaborate on what happens to these blocks.  Hazard, maybe?
Anything not part of the main chain gets discarded. Right now the main chain appears to be 10962 blocks long. Whatever chain makes it to block 12000 first will likely be declared the main chain, at which point a new client with updated checkpoints should be pushed out. There were a few forks active earlier, but no one appears to be mining on them now. You can see that the block explorer (http://florinexchange.com/tagexplorer/) is still stuck on a fork, but no new blocks are being found.

Typically when doing a hardfork you want to give 2 weeks of notice, not 2 days. But in a situation like this, it was unavoidable. For what happened, I think it's been handled pretty well. Just gotta reach 12000 to get everything sorted out.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002
HODL for life.
You obviously didn't read it very well, you didn't even bother to read the first post of this thread, or you would have seen that the fix kicks in at block 12,000 we are currently at block 10,913 so a long way to go at 4min per block. The dev should have made it block 11,000 but too late for that now.

Actually, when you think about it, it's a pretty reasonable target considering we still have people wondering what's going on.  It's also Thanksgiving in the states, and there are probably a lot of people not around to catch what's going on.  I've got miners on my pool that were asking me if they should keep their miners pointed at the pool when they left for the long weekend.

But seriously people... just skim through the last 5 pages of this thread, and READ THE FIRST POST FROM THE DEV lol.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Is TAG forked?  Seems that there are two different blockchains out there.

did you read any posts at all?

yes and I can't believe the dev has not resolved it.  How can it still be forks for this long.  This coin cant stand as a currency if it can't maintain a reliable blockchain.
You obviously didn't read it very well, you didn't even bother to read the first post of this thread, or you would have seen that the fix kicks in at block 12,000 we are currently at block 10,913 so a long way to go at 4min per block. The dev should have made it block 11,000 but too late for that now.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Is TAG forked?  Seems that there are two different blockchains out there.

yes and I can't believe the dev has not resolved it.  How can it still be forks for this long.  This coin cant stand as a currency if it can't maintain a reliable blockchain.

troll much? it's been forked
Activity: 686

yes and I can't believe the dev has not resolved it.  How can it still be forks for this long.  This coin cant stand as a currency if it can't maintain a reliable blockchain.

You obviously did not read. it is resolved. sheesh
Activity: 714

Am I doing it right?

Technically, yes.  Theoretically, no... not until we get to the hard fork.  Pretty sure you're going to see a bunch, if not all, of that disappear, but I could be wrong.  But if you are on the right fork, you're helping us get to 12000, so then it's a yes again.

Would someone with more experience with a hard-fork situation like to elaborate on what happens to these blocks.  Hazard, maybe?

My blockchain is at block 10904 so I think I am on the right chain
legendary
HODL for life.
Am I doing it right?

Technically, yes.  Theoretically, no... not until we get to the hard fork.  Pretty sure you're going to see a bunch, if not all, of that disappear, but I could be wrong.  But if you are on the right fork, you're helping us get to 12000, so then it's a yes again.

legendary
HODL for life.
how do we get on the main chain?

Make sure you're on the latest version of the wallet/tagcoind.  Delete everything in your tagcoind settings folder, except your wallet.dat file.  Start it up and let it sync, if your wallet lists the last block as being the one everyone is reporting(currently 10900) then your golden.  If not, rinse and repeat.
how do we get on the main chain?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Activity: 714
on linux cmd "tagcoind getinfo"

on windows, in the tagcoin wallet, click on help->console->debug and type "getinfo" in the command box.

Thank you so much. It appears I am on the right chain then. block 10892.
legendary
HODL for life.
on linux, cmd "tagcoind getinfo"

on windows, in the tagcoin wallet, click on help->console->debug and type "getinfo" in the command box.
Check the general statistics on your pool's pool stats page.  It should show "next network block".

I'm solo mining.
legendary
HODL for life.
Check the general statistics on your pool's pool stats page.  It should show "next network block".
Im solo mining atm with the new client. How can I be assured I am on the right fork?
Current height 10877

Meaning? Smiley

The fork with the most blocks right now had 10877, now 10882.  This is the closest fork to the hard fork that will save us all.

"Height" is the technical term for the current number of valid blocks in the chain.

How do i check that? I just found a block.

Found block for pool 0!
 [2013-11-28 19:14:31] Accepted 0646244d Diff 2.67M/453601 BLOCK! GPU 1

Currently mining with the newest client, and at a difficulty of 6.
legendary
HODL for life.
Im solo mining atm with the new client. How can I be assured I am on the right fork?
Current height 10877

Meaning? Smiley

The fork with the most blocks right now had 10877, now 10882.  This is the closest fork to the hard fork that will save us all.

"Height" is the technical term for the current number of valid blocks in the chain.
Current height 10877

Meaning? Smiley
Jump to: