Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner - Optimized Win/Linux AMD GPU Miner for lyra2z and phi2 - page 3. (Read 85750 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 86
Any RandomX adding news ?

Its a CPU algo..

Yeah, at this point we're not planning on investing time and effort into RandomX. The current GPU implementation for AMD GCN can be improved, but it's too far from being profitable vs CPUs anyway.

@kerney666 I think what the people are asking for is that whether you can do RandomX optimisations for Ryzen as you did for the GPU algos on CGN. They are not necessarily asking for RandomX optimisations on CGN. Is what I’m saying making any sense?

Well, we do certainly have the chops to pull off some serious x86-64 low level work, but the guys behind RandomX are skilled in that area as well. Moreover, the algorithm itself is (on purpose) an exercise in creating a free-from-patents instruction set that by "random" chance maps very very well to x86-64+SSE2. So, the random code is translated into x86-64+SSE2 ops, and that's about it. I don't think there's any low hanging fruit there really, but I haven't spent more than 15 mins looking at a few RandomX programs so can't say for sure. I'm sure there are a number of optimizations left to be uncovered that applies to special case situations in the RandomX programs, but it's not going to happen right now, we have some other ongoing work we need to finish firs before we can even consider it.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1

Its a CPU algo..

Yeah, at this point we're not planning on investing time and effort into RandomX. The current GPU implementation for AMD GCN can be improved, but it's too far from being profitable vs CPUs anyway.

@kerney666 I think what the people are asking for is that whether you can do RandomX optimisations for Ryzen as you did for the GPU algos on CGN. They are not necessarily asking for RandomX optimisations on CGN. Is what I’m saying making any sense?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

Its a CPU algo..

Kinda OT, but are you guys going to maybe throw your hat into the ring and make a CPU miner? maybe something Ryzen specific? (if that would be a thing)
Not sure if your AMD GCN knowledge would carry over to CPU code, but i always thought you guys definitally had the skills to improve miners anyways
Seems to me it could be really profitable for yall, i know im building a few extra rigs for Ryzen randomX mining myself alone, and id almost bet SOME people are going big dik

Its a CPU algo..

Activity: 71
Merit: 1
Activity: 73
Merit: 0
legendary
Would the dudes behind this miner consider making it compatible with Pitcairn cards for c8?
or do you guys have an older version that supports them?
i have a buncha old r9's that are being fired back up

thx for any info, love this miner Smiley

Hey, sorry to say the work of backporting all our asm kernels to earlier GCN versions is more or less impossible in most cases, and even when possible, the economics in the current climate just aren’t in place. I mean, we have issues finding algos Vegas are efficient enough on, and you wanna fire up the Pitcairns? Grin Gotta love it though!

ya i can get that... i would argue the economics depend on your power costs tho
Pitcarns are awesome if u have no power bill to pay, as they are cheap as shit to acquire Wink

Thanks anyways, im still using this miner for rvnv2 on my 580's, great software  Smiley
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
Tried doing this but the problem persists, Do i put this line before or after the command line arguments. Also what is the link for the discord? Thanks for your help

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_WORKGROUP_SIZE=1024

teamredminer.exe -a x16rv2 -o stratum+tcp://us.rvn.minermore.com:4501 -u RDpPHx43bhrmdyd8L6BcpkHtjuc1vMpNSk.trmtest -p x

Place the lines before.
You can try setx instead of set and see if it applies correctly.
Discord: https://discord.gg/GDFBVX5
Activity: 2
Getting an error when starting the miner on one rx580.
OpenCL enqueue error: -55
Warning: failed to initialize device number 0 (-28), retrying

Guessing this is for x16rv2? Come join our discord and you'll get much quicker response times. This is the patch though:

Code:
FOR EVERYONE GETTING "OpenCL enqueue error: -55" WHEN TRYING TO RUN x16r OR x16rv2:

Set the following environment variable in your start bat file:

set GPU_MAX_WORKGROUP_SIZE=1024

Tried doing this but the problem persists, Do i put this line before or after the command line arguments. Also what is the link for the discord? Thanks for your help

Guessing this is for x16rv2? Come join our discord and you'll get much quicker response times. This is the patch though:

Code:
FOR EVERYONE GETTING "OpenCL enqueue error: -55" WHEN TRYING TO RUN x16r OR x16rv2:

Set the following environment variable in your start bat file:

set GPU_MAX_WORKGROUP_SIZE=1024
Activity: 2
How the development going for the RX5700XT? I have few idle waiting lol

Well, I would be embarrassed if I felt we’ve had a shot. Clang/llvm crashes or hangs for most of our x16r kernels, to take one example. So, still waiting for the necessary tool chain working properly...
Activity: 66
Merit: 4
How the development going for the RX5700XT? I have few idle waiting lol
Activity: 26
miner cant run on 2miner pool algo mtp and x16rv2  please fix this

Hi! Can you describe your issues please? I don't have any problems with 2miners myself when testing.
miner stop when initialize gpu... i use this miner with awesome miner...

I myself use TeamRedMiner with awesome miner on 2miner for MTP.
Right click the miner in awesome miner and run diagnostics and check/post the error.
i already run diagnostic and it say cannot run the miner diagnostic close....

What are the command line arguments?

Do you know the settings for 480/580 cards for efficiency? TIA
Would the dudes behind this miner consider making it compatible with Pitcairn cards for c8?

Hey, sorry to say the work of backporting all our asm kernels to earlier GCN versions is more or less impossible in most cases, and even when possible, the economics in the current climate just aren’t in place. I mean, we have issues finding algos Vegas are efficient enough on, and you wanna fire up the Pitcairns? Grin Gotta love it though!
Activity: 46
Merit: 4
hi, there!
I have a mix of different amd rx 470/570 and amd vega cards. the question is, would the miner work correctly if in one mining farm I have 2units amd vega and 4 units amd rx570 and one amdrx470?
or it is better to make different farm which consist of one generation cards? I mean to separate two vegas from rx470/570?

they should work nicely together.
the mining software will identify each and give loads accordingly. That is if you can make them all work in one mobo.
Activity: 756
Merit: 507
hi, there!
I have a mix of different amd rx 470/570 and amd vega cards. the question is, would the miner work correctly if in one mining farm I have 2units amd vega and 4 units amd rx570 and one amdrx470?
or it is better to make different farm which consist of one generation cards? I mean to separate two vegas from rx470/570?
Activity: 204
Merit: 10

Hi! Can you describe your issues please? I don't have any problems with 2miners myself when testing.

Right click the miner in awesome miner and run diagnostics and check/post the error.

What are the command line arguments?
legendary

copper member
Activity: 416
Merit: 105

Pages:
Jump to: