Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TeamRedMiner v0.10.10 - Ironfish/Kaspa/ZIL/Kawpow/Etchash and More - page 69. (Read 211762 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
What I am awaiting the most is Random X for AMD CPUs and APUs.
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
Will this miner also support algo switching so we can move to auto algo switching pools?
since most mayor CN algos is now supported

Hi!

We debated this but decided we should rather focus on more algos in TRM. As usual, Team Red is lagging Team Green in a very distinct fashion, so if we allow ourselves to zoom out a little I think our time is better spent finding more profitable options for AMD.

That said, algo switching with TRM is already fully doable using the MoneroOcean fork of Meta-Miner, see I managed to sneak in a pull request adding support for TRM a while back. As soon as I can find some time I'll write a proper guide on how to use Meta-Miner with TRM, but if you're somewhat tech savvy I think you'll be able to set it up yourself! Otherwise, PM me and I'll try to get you going. It's been a while since I last tried it myself, I do hope we haven't broken anything.

This is the github repo: https://github.com/MoneroOcean/meta-miner/releases. I see that he just made a new release ~6 days ago that bundles the TRM support as well, nice! I think that probably will be problematic is our new auto-tuning approach combined with meta-miner's benchmarking mode, it might present some skewed results. For optimal performance, I guess you should tune all algos separately first, then include full configurations in the meta-miner config file.

Cheers, K

I totally support your decision to focus on more algos in TRM than spend time on algo switching capability which most of use don't use. There is a reason why your miner is called Team Red miner. It's sole existence is to increase the utility of AMD GPUs beyond just CN/Ethash algos. Make us AMD fanboys proud !!  Grin
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Can confirm, TRM works awesome with MetaMiner!

I'm using it on this pool & getting great results.
mpsc.xripx.com
Activity: 658
Merit: 86
Will this miner also support algo switching so we can move to auto algo switching pools?

Hi!

We debated this but decided we should rather focus on more algos in TRM. As usual, Team Red is lagging Team Green in a very distinct fashion, so if we allow ourselves to zoom out a little I think our time is better spent finding more profitable options for AMD.

That said, algo switching with TRM is already fully doable using the MoneroOcean fork of Meta-Miner, see I managed to sneak in a pull request adding support for TRM a while back. As soon as I can find some time I'll write a proper guide on how to use Meta-Miner with TRM, but if you're somewhat tech savvy I think you'll be able to set it up yourself! Otherwise, PM me and I'll try to get you going. It's been a while since I last tried it myself, I do hope we haven't broken anything.

This is the github repo: https://github.com/MoneroOcean/meta-miner/releases. I see that he just made a new release ~6 days ago that bundles the TRM support as well, nice! I think that probably will be problematic is our new auto-tuning approach combined with meta-miner's benchmarking mode, it might present some skewed results. For optimal performance, I guess you should tune all algos separately first, then include full configurations in the meta-miner config file.

Cheers, K

Activity: 760
Merit: 500
CryptoZilla
Activity: 7

Which driver are you running?

Thanks for the reply! Currently on 19.4.1.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help your test/dev process. I'm be glad to test any changes you make.
I noticed Tonga devices are now supported, which is awesome because my R9 380 still rips up some mining.

I'm getting an error when I try to use it, though:

D:\Miners\teamredminer-v0.5.2-win>teamredminer.exe -a cnr -o stratum+tcp://cryptonightr.usa.nicehash.com:3375 -u 37tp86prguZvgx3mwFacPmkJVDL39D1ihJ -p x
          Team Red Miner version 0.5.2
[2019-06-23 08:22:34] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 1
[2019-06-23 08:22:35] Initializing GPU 0.
[2019-06-23 08:22:35] Failed to initialize device idx 0 (-13)
[2019-06-23 08:22:35] Successful clean shutdown.

Here is my device list (not much on this system)

D:\Miners\teamredminer-v0.5.2-win>teamredminer.exe --list_devices
[2019-06-23 08:22:26] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 1
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] Detected 2 devices, listed in OpenCL order:
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] Miner Platform OpenCL BusId    Name          Model                     Nr CUs
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] ----- -------- ------ -------- ------------- ------------------------- ------
[2019-06-23 08:22:27]     0        1      0 01:00.0  Tonga         AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Se     28
[2019-06-23 08:22:27]     1        1      1 09:00.0  gfx900        Radeon RX Vega                56
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] Successful clean shutdown.

D:\Miners\teamredminer-v0.5.2-win>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Any help would be appreciated....

Hi! Yeah, we'd probably need a Tonga to test with. In theory, our shipped binaries should load just fine, but for some reason the driver(s) are rejecting them. The only thing we did for this version was to add the proper detection mechanism for Tonga GPUs, but neither me nor todxx has a gpu to test with.

Which driver are you running?
Activity: 7
I noticed Tonga devices are now supported, which is awesome because my R9 380 still rips up some mining.

I'm getting an error when I try to use it, though:

D:\Miners\teamredminer-v0.5.2-win>teamredminer.exe -a cnr -o stratum+tcp://cryptonightr.usa.nicehash.com:3375 -u 37tp86prguZvgx3mwFacPmkJVDL39D1ihJ -p x
[2019-06-23 08:22:34] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 1
[2019-06-23 08:22:35] Initializing GPU 0.
[2019-06-23 08:22:35] Failed to initialize device idx 0 (-13)
[2019-06-23 08:22:35] Successful clean shutdown.

Here is my device list (not much on this system)

D:\Miners\teamredminer-v0.5.2-win>teamredminer.exe --list_devices
[2019-06-23 08:22:26] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 1
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] Detected 2 devices, listed in OpenCL order:
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] Miner Platform OpenCL BusId    Name          Model                     Nr CUs
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] ----- -------- ------ -------- ------------- ------------------------- ------
[2019-06-23 08:22:27]     0        1      0 01:00.0  Tonga         AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Se     28
[2019-06-23 08:22:27]     1        1      1 09:00.0  gfx900        Radeon RX Vega                56
[2019-06-23 08:22:27] Successful clean shutdown.

D:\Miners\teamredminer-v0.5.2-win>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

Any help would be appreciated....
Activity: 11
This is the only version that works fine for me. Graphics rx 570 8gb. Thank you devs!

P.S.:  2% dev fee will be great too!  Smiley

I have been running 12 vega rigs for a couple of months now and I can attest that hash rate on pool side (nanopool) averages higher that the miners console with. This translates into minus percent developer fee. Thank you developers and keep up the good work.
Activity: 194
Merit: 4
Having a weird issue.

Supposedly, before, the power consumption was fixed.

Now, its over hte place again.

Minimum power consumption for my rig is 477 watts, average is around 483watts, but the peak is around 495watts (at wall all).

This is with 0.5.2 and CN-R (XMR). GPUs are 4x580s, all on 1240Mhz core, 0.875V-0.9V core voltage. Drivers are 19.5.1. Windows 10.

Using the --cn-config from the Full test : 8+7:BAA,8+7:CAA,8*7:AAA,8+7:CAA
Activity: 5
CCX would be nice, but I'd be more excited to see if the team can pull something off with RandomX/RandomWow
Activity: 29
Add Conceal algo please... Thanks
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Hi,

I new to linux, currently I tried Debian 9.9 and installed opencl-amdgpu-pro.
GPU RX 580 8GB algo CN-Haven with cclock 1250 mclock 2100 only got 464 h/s. VDDC also keep showing 0.0 mV.
Windows with the same cclock and mclock I got more than 1200 h/s.

Please help how I can achieve more than 1200 h/s in linux.

Thanks.
Merit: 76
Hey,Guy,

The 0.5.2 DEV donation has a big problem. I ran 4 vega machines last night. Today I found that only one is connected to xmr pool(minexmr.com). The other three are running normally from software window showing, but I don’t know what pool they are connectting to.The pool went, I guess it is connected to your dev pool, donated for about 6 hours, It is very terrible!

Can you please post a snippet of the output/log from one of these machines?
What makes you think that the miner was not connected to the pool if it was running normally?

The miner does not switch between dev and user pools, they are both run at the same time.
If the user pool connection cannot be established for any reason, all mining stops.
The miner prints the name of the connected pool for every share that is submitted to the user pool, so it should be easily visible from the log which pool it is connected to.  (Also we currently only support one user pool, so not much of an option there)

q:What makes you think that the miner was not connected to the pool if it was running normally?
a:Just a geuss . Because  I can only look one mechine worker on minexmr.com,and other mechine is offline for 6 hours. 

`The miner prints the name of the connected pool for every share that is submitted to the user pool, `---Yes  I'm sure all the print is corect ,but minexmr.com showing that they are offline for 6 hours, So Maybe I guess is your problem, or maybe is pool's problem.

I have restarted all mechine.   Continue to observe and see if this problem will reappear

Might also be a good idea to enable logging to file with the --log_file option so you can look back at what happened if/when you see the problem again.
Activity: 72
Hey,Guy,

The 0.5.2 DEV donation has a big problem. I ran 4 vega machines last night. Today I found that only one is connected to xmr pool(minexmr.com). The other three are running normally from software window showing, but I don’t know what pool they are connectting to.The pool went, I guess it is connected to your dev pool, donated for about 6 hours, It is very terrible!

What makes you think that the miner was not connected to the pool if it was running normally?

The miner does not switch between dev and user pools, they are both run at the same time.
If the user pool connection cannot be established for any reason, all mining stops.
The miner prints the name of the connected pool for every share that is submitted to the user pool, so it should be easily visible from the log which pool it is connected to.  (Also we currently only support one user pool, so not much of an option there)

q:What makes you think that the miner was not connected to the pool if it was running normally?
a:Just a geuss . Because  I can only look one mechine worker on minexmr.com,and other mechine is offline for 6 hours. 

`The miner prints the name of the connected pool for every share that is submitted to the user pool, `---Yes  I'm sure all the print is corect ,but minexmr.com showing that they are offline for 6 hours, So Maybe I guess is your problem, or maybe is pool's problem.

I have restarted all mechine.   Continue to observe and see if this problem will reappear
Activity: 52
This is the only version that works fine for me. Graphics rx 570 8gb. Thank you devs!

P.S.:  2% dev fee will be great too!  Smiley
Merit: 76
Hey,Guy,

Activity: 72
Hey,Guy,

Activity: 47
Merit: 1
I saw in the release notes that Tonga support has been added, so I tried the latest version (0.5.2) with a Tonga card (r9 380 4GB) but get the following error on startup:

Failed to initialise device idx 3 (-13)

Is this card supported? Or is extra config required for Tonga?

08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tonga PRO [Radeon R9 285/380] (rev f1)

I have the same issue on all CN algos except turtlecoin when I launch TRM while any web browser is opened (be Firefox, brave, Edge).

I get this error on a linux box with no GUI.

You are probably getting that error because your browser(s) are using the GPU? Try turning off "hardware acceleration" in chrome/brave.

Hi!

Yes, the web browser error is because the browser has stolen some amount of gpu vram and is using the gpu. It's logical that it still works for turtle (and upx2) since those pads are so tiny, they don't really use that much vram compared to the 2MB/4MB variants.

For the Tonga error, man I don't know. The error is when it tries to "build" the program, which indicates that it the driver doesn't accept our binary with the kernels. Neither me nor todxx have a Tonga to test with unfortunately.

Can you tell me (1) your amdgpu-pro version, (2) give me an output from "./teamredminer --list_devices", (3) the full log when you start the miner until you get that error message (preferably only running for that card)? PM is of course fine if you don't want to paste here.

Thanks, K

amdgpu-pro version: amdgpu-pro-core/unknown,now 17.40-483984 all

It does seem to detect the card.

Code:
./teamredminer --list_devices
[2019-06-15 20:58:51] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 0
[2019-06-15 20:58:53] Detected 5 devices, listed in OpenCL order:
[2019-06-15 20:58:53] Miner Platform OpenCL BusId    Name          Model                     Nr CUs
[2019-06-15 20:58:53] ----- -------- ------ -------- ------------- ------------------------- ------
[2019-06-15 20:58:53]     0        0      0 01:00.0  Ellesmere     Radeon RX 580 Series          36
[2019-06-15 20:58:53]     1        0      1 03:00.0  Ellesmere     Radeon RX 580 Series          36
[2019-06-15 20:58:53]     2        0      2 04:00.0  Ellesmere     Radeon RX 570 Series          32
[2019-06-15 20:58:53]     3        0      3 06:00.0  Ellesmere     Radeon RX 570 Series          32
[2019-06-15 20:58:53]     4        0      4 08:00.0  Tonga         AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Se     28
[2019-06-15 20:58:53] Successful clean shutdown.

This is the error:

Code:
./teamredminer -d 4 --debug -a cnr
[2019-06-15 21:11:14] Auto-detected AMD OpenCL platform 0
[2019-06-15 21:11:15] Initializing GPU 0.
[2019-06-15 21:11:15] Failed to initialize device idx 4 (-13)
[2019-06-15 21:11:15] Successful clean shutdown.

Thanks
I saw in the release notes that Tonga support has been added, so I tried the latest version (0.5.2) with a Tonga card (r9 380 4GB) but get the following error on startup:

Failed to initialise device idx 3 (-13)

Is this card supported? Or is extra config required for Tonga?

08:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Tonga PRO [Radeon R9 285/380] (rev f1)

I have the same issue on all CN algos except turtlecoin when I launch TRM while any web browser is opened (be Firefox, brave, Edge).

I get this error on a linux box with no GUI.

You are probably getting that error because your browser(s) are using the GPU? Try turning off "hardware acceleration" in chrome/brave.

Hi!

Yes, the web browser error is because the browser has stolen some amount of gpu vram and is using the gpu. It's logical that it still works for turtle (and upx2) since those pads are so tiny, they don't really use that much vram compared to the 2MB/4MB variants.

For the Tonga error, man I don't know. The error is when it tries to "build" the program, which indicates that it the driver doesn't accept our binary with the kernels. Neither me nor todxx have a Tonga to test with unfortunately.

Can you tell me (1) your amdgpu-pro version, (2) give me an output from "./teamredminer --list_devices", (3) the full log when you start the miner until you get that error message (preferably only running for that card)? PM is of course fine if you don't want to paste here.

Thanks, K
Pages:
Jump to: