Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Terracoin (TRC) - Est 2012 - page 2. (Read 408626 times)

legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1001
legendary
legendary
legendary
legendary
September 28, 2020, 06:07:05 PM
Awesome, what worked in recovering? Might come in handy for others with the same issue.

I used this tool: https://github.com/prof7bit/wallet-key-tool/ which basically extracts the addresses from a corrupted wallet and shows the private keys.
Hence, I only imported the private key via the console [importprivkey "private key"].

That is a good tip to know!
Activity: 581
Merit: 507
To the moon!
September 28, 2020, 12:52:51 AM
Awesome, what worked in recovering? Might come in handy for others with the same issue.

I used this tool: https://github.com/prof7bit/wallet-key-tool/ which basically extracts the addresses from a corrupted wallet and shows the private keys.
Hence, I only imported the private key via the console [importprivkey "private key"].
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030
September 27, 2020, 05:08:12 AM
To the moon!
September 25, 2020, 09:19:08 PM
Looks like a corrupt wallet.dat? If you have another backup of the wallet, try that file. You could also try and start the client with a new wallet.dat (move the old wallet and let it generate a new one), let it load, stop it and try the old wallet.dat again. Or, start up with a new wallet and try the 'import wallet' function from the console.

No experience with py here, unfortunately, but I don't think that would work with an encrypted wallet anyway.

Thank you for your help.

I have another backup but with the same error.

I just tried the import function. I'm just a little confused if it is the same command as in bitcoin client. I've tried "help importwallet" to understand, but the command showed is importwallet "filename". I've tried to create a wallet1.dat and then:

importwallet "wallet1.dat"

It returns the following:
Cannot open wallet dump file (code -8)

Am I doing something wrong?

Did you specify a path like so? /home/user/yourwalletfile

Also, make some copies of your left over back up, just in case in the process this one gets fried as well.

-Did you specify a path like so?
Yes, I did. When I put it in parentheses " ", It return a blanc line. Otherwise, it return the aforementioned error.

-Also, make some copies of your left over back up, just in case in the process this one gets fried as well.
I have two backups, one on an external hard drive and the other on a flash drive.

Thank you again!

Can you hit me up on Mattermost (https://mattermost.terracoin.io/)?  It is easier to do tech support on there.  I can't look at it tonight (Weekly Update night), but I can look at your wallet.dat file tomorrow.  I have fixed a bunch of old wallet.dat files at this point.

@samspaces Thanks for helping!  You are spot on with your advice!

No prob. Found an old pywallet git: https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet
I noticed some coins have the option 'loadwallet' besides 'importwallet'. If you're on linux, you'll want to check if your user has the right permissions.  Seems code 8 points to that. If not: 'sudo chown -R youruser yourwalletfile'

@vinipoars, let us know if you've salvaged the coins. Even if you don't, don't throw away the files. You never know what might be available at some point in the future.

Thank you again.
I will try the solution with pywalet. Let's see what I can do.

Don't worry, I have backups in two different places and I have no intention of getting rid of them.

EDIT: I just recovered the wallet! Thank you all!
Activity: 2146
Merit: 518
September 25, 2020, 10:10:55 AM

My repulsion towards everything I see is dictated by futile nature of things I have to deal with. I cant get over the fact that everything that happens to the coinmakery happens by will of schizophrenic develishness. Didymous warts on the face of cryptoinery proliferate non-stop, along with bestiality going on at the backstage of fetching but fake facade built to pamper the phat illusion.
legendary
September 25, 2020, 08:19:56 AM
Looks like a corrupt wallet.dat? If you have another backup of the wallet, try that file. You could also try and start the client with a new wallet.dat (move the old wallet and let it generate a new one), let it load, stop it and try the old wallet.dat again. Or, start up with a new wallet and try the 'import wallet' function from the console.

No experience with py here, unfortunately, but I don't think that would work with an encrypted wallet anyway.

Thank you for your help.

I just tried the import function. I'm just a little confused if it is the same command as in bitcoin client. I've tried "help importwallet" to understand, but the command showed is importwallet "filename". I've tried to create a wallet1.dat and then:

Also, make some copies of your left over back up, just in case in the process this one gets fried as well.

Yes, I did. When I put it in parentheses " ", It return a blanc line. Otherwise, it return the aforementioned error.

-Also, make some copies of your left over back up, just in case in the process this one gets fried as well.
I have two backups, one on an external hard drive and the other on a flash drive.

Thank you again!

Can you hit me up on Mattermost (https://mattermost.terracoin.io/)?  It is easier to do tech support on there.  I can't look at it tonight (Weekly Update night), but I can look at your wallet.dat file tomorrow.  I have fixed a bunch of old wallet.dat files at this point.

@samspaces Thanks for helping!  You are spot on with your advice!

No prob. Found an old pywallet git: https://github.com/jackjack-jj/pywallet
I noticed some coins have the option 'loadwallet' besides 'importwallet'. If you're on linux, you'll want to check if your user has the right permissions.  Seems code 8 points to that. If not: 'sudo chown -R youruser yourwalletfile'

@vinipoars, let us know if you've salvaged the coins. Even if you don't, don't throw away the files. You never know what might be available at some point in the future.
legendary
legendary
September 24, 2020, 08:18:25 PM

Thank you for your help.

Thank you again!

Can you hit me up on Mattermost (https://mattermost.terracoin.io/)?  It is easier to do tech support on there.  I can't look at it tonight (Weekly Update night), but I can look at your wallet.dat file tomorrow.  I have fixed a bunch of old wallet.dat files at this point.

@samspaces Thanks for helping!  You are spot on with your advice!
To the moon!
September 24, 2020, 07:39:45 PM

Thank you for your help.

Thank you again!
legendary
September 24, 2020, 06:09:03 PM

Thank you for your help.

To the moon!
September 24, 2020, 05:49:20 PM

Thank you for your help.

To the moon!
September 24, 2020, 05:41:07 PM
Hello guys,

Please, I was trying to restore an old wallet.dat (from 2017) but it get stucked, as you can see from the image below.
Is there anything I can do or is it definitely lost?

Is there a way to dump the private keys from the wallet via the command line? Do pywallet works with terracoin? I didnt want to try anything before hear your opinion/advice about it.

Thank you in advance!

Besides what Samspaces said you also can modify the short cut to the wallet and add -repairwallet to the end of the target and it will start the wallet and repair the wallet.dat file at the same time.  It takes a while, but that almost always works.

Except only run it ONCE on that wallet.dat otherwise that can cause different issues with the wallet.dat file.

Thank you for your help.

I tried to create the -repairwallet wallet. The client crashed (windows error, program must be closed) and a new wallet was created as soon as it crashed. The wallet created was a brand new one, so it not worked.
legendary
September 24, 2020, 04:32:22 PM
Hello guys,

Please, I was trying to restore an old wallet.dat (from 2017) but it get stucked, as you can see from the image below.

Is there a way to dump the private keys from the wallet via the command line? Do pywallet works with terracoin? I didnt want to try anything before hear your opinion/advice about it.

Thank you in advance!

Besides what Samspaces said you also can modify the short cut to the wallet and add -repairwallet to the end of the target and it will start the wallet and repair the wallet.dat file at the same time.  It takes a while, but that almost always works.

Except only run it ONCE on that wallet.dat otherwise that can cause different issues with the wallet.dat file.
legendary
September 24, 2020, 03:55:42 PM

To the moon!
September 24, 2020, 03:19:20 PM
Hello guys,

Thank you in advance!

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: