Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 74. (Read 226814 times)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507
i also have one request

Mobile friendly login just to see hash speed, miners (if they idle), results and payments. So just login screen what acces to those and log out. I usually use mobile device to check things so it could be nice to have interface for lower resolutions.

I will look into this. Is there anything in particular that is not displaying nicely on your mobile device?
In the meantime, you may want to check out the API (find the link on your account page). Since it is just a pretty-printed JSON file, it should be easily readable on any device.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Trust but confirm!
yeah sorry i meaned cpu kh/s, i had brainfart. Too mutch gpu mining causes brains to type mh instead of kh Smiley

i also have one request

Mobile friendly login just to see hash speed, miners (if they idle), results and payments. So just login screen what acces to those and log out. I usually use mobile device to check things so it could be nice to have interface for lower resolutions.
Nice to support PPS i added few small miners Smiley

i5 650 with 3 threads (~6mh/s)
e2140 with 1 threads (~2.2mh/s)
atom 230 with 1 threads (~1mh/s)
If you're getting speeds measured in megahashes you're using the wrong miners. You need a miner able to compute Scrypt hashes. Compile ArtForz' cpuminer fork (https://github.com/ArtForz/cpuminer) or download one of the precompiled miners by twobits (http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/).

I believe that was just a transcription error, because we are receiving valid shares from those miners, and the hash rate seems to match, once you replace M with k.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

i5 650 with 3 threads (~6mh/s)
e2140 with 1 threads (~2.2mh/s)
atom 230 with 1 threads (~1mh/s)
If you're getting speeds measured in megahashes you're using the wrong miners. You need a miner able to compute Scrypt hashes. Compile ArtForz' cpuminer fork (https://github.com/ArtForz/cpuminer) or download one of the precompiled miners by twobits (http://www.wuala.com/jbw9/pub/Bitcoin/Tenebrix/miner/win/).
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Trust but confirm!

i5 650 with 3 threads (~6kh/s)
e2140 with 1 threads (~2.2kh/s)
atom 230 with 2 threads (~1kh/s)
Hi,

On your site you said this:

(In case you are wondering, 65536 is the average number of hashes to be computed in order to find a share. This is not the same...

IMO You should change it to "65536 is the average number of shares to be computed in order to solve a block on difficulty 1". As you set the pool's small target to 16 bit, it takes 65536 shares to find a block on average. So, the way the earning are calculated should based on shares. The figures are just happened to be the same, as 65536(hashes/share) * 65536(shares/block) = 4294967296 = 2^32(hashes/block).

Just think, if you change the small target to 15 bit, the effective difficulty for miners are actually decreased, thus more shares are required to solve a block(131072), and to find a share you only need 32768 hashes. In that case the PPS should be 47.5 LTC / (131072 × Current Difficulty), not multiplied by 32768 on the denominator.

Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, I am aware that It would be more correct to write "(4294967296 / 65536) = 65536 is the average number of hashes to be computed in order to find a share". I just didn't want to make things look too complex. But you are right, it may sound misleading. I have rephrased that part.
mrx
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Hi,

On your site you said this:

(In case you are wondering, 65536 is the average number of hashes to be computed in order to find a share. This is not the same...

IMO You should change it to "65536 is the average number of shares to be computed in order to solve a block on difficulty 1". As you set the pool's small target to 16 bit, it takes 65536 shares to find a block on average. So, the way the earning are calculated should based on shares. The figures are just happened to be the same, as 65536(hashes/share) * 65536(shares/block) = 4294967296 = 2^32(hashes/block).

Just think, if you change the small target to 15 bit, the effective difficulty for miners are actually decreased, thus more shares are required to solve a block(131072), and to find a share you only need 32768 hashes. In that case the PPS should be 47.5 LTC / (131072 × Current Difficulty), not multiplied by 32768 on the denominator.
Since nobody has done it yet, I'm launching a pure pay-per-share Litecoin pool. As you probably know, this system has several advantages:

• No penalty for orphaned blocks.
  • Predictable income: you are no more subject to bad luck.
  • Rewards are instantly credited to your account (you don't have to wait for a block to be solved or confirmed).
  • You can be sure that the pool operator is not cheating (because you know how many shares you submit).
  • Immunity to pool hopping.

This method results in the least possible variance for miners.

Other features include: (updated)

• Exclusive ultra-low-latency Stratum implementation, written in C for maximum performance
  • Support for Stratum over SSL/TLS, to prevent MITM attacks
  • Support for extensions to the Stratum protocol, including resume, suggest_difficulty and suggest_target
  • Adaptive share difficulty (“vardiff”)
  • Geographically-distributed, redundant servers
  • Detailed stats updated every minute
  • Detailed history of earnings and payouts
  • Per-worker performance graphs
  • Automatic and manual payouts
  • Email notification of idle miners
  • Two-factor authentication support
  • Extensive JSON API and mobile interfaces
  • Website and mining interface also accessible as Tor hidden services
  • Lightweight interface

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
As of January 2018 we are merged-mining Argentum, Canada eCoin, Dogecoin, Huntercoin, Myriad, Pesetacoin, Viacoin.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/

Feedback and feature requests are very welcome! Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: