Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 70. (Read 226814 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Pooler, is the lack of reaper v13 having long polling hurting you at all with the increased stales?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Showing some love and free advert for Litecoinpool.org Smiley

These make me never want to use the pool ever.
Activity: 305
Merit: 250
Trust but confirm!
Showing some love and free advert for Litecoinpool.org Smiley

Activity: 838
Merit: 507
I've been having a bit of an issue lately. When I'm looked in, I get logged out whenever I try to view the Stats page. Any ideas?

All of the other pages work fine, and I remain logged in.

Cheers

In theory you should only need to re-login if your IP address changes, or if the session expires (after a week).

Have you checked that your browser is not using a cached version of the Stats page?
Activity: 392
Auto payment threshold isn't working.
It seems to be working fine to me. Remember that automatic payouts are processed twice daily, at 11 UTC and 23 UTC.
Looking good for me too.

It seems to be working fine to me. Remember that automatic payouts are processed twice daily, at 11 UTC and 23 UTC.
If you still think there's a problem with your account, please pm me specifying your pool username.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Another bunch of scammers. Tried this for a couple of days, then poof, "Account has been suspended".

Nothing to see, move along, avoid this crap like the plague.

That message simply means that someone tried to access your account using invalid credentials and failed a certain number of times. For security reasons, in these cases the account gets blocked. Your miners and your balance are not affected by this, only the web access.
You can regain access to your account by using the password recovery procedure ("Forgot password" link in the login form). A reactivation link will be sent to your email address. If you provided a fake email address that you cannot access please send an email to the address on the "help" page.

I have now changed the message to be more descriptive.

The next time something unexpected happens to you, please, ask the service operator before jumping to conclusions.
Activity: 435
Another bunch of scammers. Tried this for a couple of days, then poof, "Account has been suspended".

Nothing to see, move along, avoid this crap like the plague.
Now can someone help me figure out a good hardware rig to get started using Windows 7?

What brand/specs should I be looking for in a CPU? Is there a thread or web page that has more info?
Seriously, just don't get a 500 bucks CPU just for Litecoin. Get what you'd get for your other uses, and then just run the miner on it. It used to be worth 0.01+ BTC, look where it is now.
As for CPU brand, well, the miner has regularly been optimized, which often changed what brand or model was best. Now as far as I understood, it seems that miner performance is globally comparable to generic bench performance, so Intel > AMD in absolute performance, not sure about perf/price ratio though.

Finally, how do I find out what the potential hash speed is for my current PC... just by running the scryptmining software?
That, or by checking the miner thread: some people reported their hash speeds their, that may give you an idea. On a Phenom 2 X4 955 @3.6GHz I'm getting about 25kh/s. On a Phenom 2 X4M N930 @ 2GHz I'm getting about 13 kh/s.

Thanks that info is spot-on helpful.  I have been looking at the pool's stats page and seeing the various kH/s specs of the miners there.

I think will be able to figure out what I need now.

Best,
Stew
Now can someone help me figure out a good hardware rig to get started using Windows 7?

What brand/specs should I be looking for in a CPU? Is there a thread or web page that has more info?
Seriously, just don't get a 500 bucks CPU just for Litecoin. Get what you'd get for your other uses, and then just run the miner on it. It used to be worth 0.01+ BTC, look where it is now.
As for CPU brand, well, the miner has regularly been optimized, which often changed what brand or model was best. Now as far as I understood, it seems that miner performance is globally comparable to generic bench performance, so Intel > AMD in absolute performance, not sure about perf/price ratio though.

Finally, how do I find out what the potential hash speed is for my current PC... just by running the scryptmining software?
That, or by checking the miner thread: some people reported their hash speeds their, that may give you an idea. On a Phenom 2 X4 955 @3.6GHz I'm getting about 25kh/s. On a Phenom 2 X4M N930 @ 2GHz I'm getting about 13 kh/s.
Excited about this new coin. Wanting to participate and have seen the very clear and simple guidelines on the Litecoin Pool homepage.

Sorry for being such a noob, appreciate any help or guidance.

SMS/email alerts when you mine a certain amount would be cool

That would be an interesting feature, but I have one major objection.
It's not advisable to leave one's earnings in a pool (any pool), because the balance does not constitute a promise of payout. If the pool got hacked, pending balances could vanish. That's why it is important to enable automatic payouts, and to keep your litecoins in an offline wallet.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
SMS/email alerts when you mine a certain amount would be cool

The speed estimates of single workers are based on the last 10 minutes (so that they react faster to real speed changes), while the total speed estimate of each user is based on the last 15 minutes, so that the value is more stable across time (this is the value that appears in the hall of fame). This also means that the total speed estimate takes longer to catch up the real speed.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I  just found out about litecoin's recently and I'm interested to see how a pool works for this. I was trying to solo mine but I get absolutely no feedback from the official client so I have no idea if it's even mining or not. I set up an account and joined this pool and now I'm going at about 16kh/s. I always did love PPS pools anyway so works for me. =D
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Still you can't earn more than solo.
Say again?
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
has to be the fastest frontend i have ever seen. Pool is custom build.. just added top shares and blocks found.

Pretty nice pool I must say..
Activity: 341
*shrug* never done a pool for litecoins before so i thought i'd try it.
Pages:
Jump to: