Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 71. (Read 226790 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063
Gerald Davis
i'm experimenting with litecoinpool for 24 hours to see if its more profitable than solo.  I'll tell you what tho, i really like that it cheers for me!

Why would your expectation be that a pool is more profitable than solo.  It won't be.  A pool has less VARIANCE than solo and a PPS pool has no variance at all.  Still you can't earn more than solo.
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
i'm experimenting with litecoinpool for 24 hours to see if its more profitable than solo.  I'll tell you what tho, i really like that it cheers for me!
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Is the pool down? My miner's are all getting connection errors

Argh, pushpool went mad in a new and original way and I was not there to handle the situation...
The pool is back up now, I'm really sorry about the downtime.
It is a well known fact that pushpool has several issues, but unfortunately at present it is the only general-purpose pool software that supports scrypt as proof-of-work, so the only thing I can do is trying to debug it.
Sure 'bout that?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-pool-operators-poolserverj-scalable-java-mining-pool-backend-33142
"SCrypt blockchain support (e.g litecoin)"

Yes, I am sure. Smiley
PoolServerJ has "experimental" support for scrypt, but it doesn't really work, as it cannot handle difficulties less than 1. I (and other pool ops) have already tried to get it running with Litecoin, but without success so far.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

Argh, pushpool went mad in a new and original way and I was not there to handle the situation...
It is a well known fact that pushpool has several issues, but unfortunately at present it is the only general-purpose pool software that supports scrypt as proof-of-work, so the only thing I can do is trying to debug it.
Sure 'bout that?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/attn-pool-operators-poolserverj-scalable-java-mining-pool-backend-33142
"SCrypt blockchain support (e.g litecoin)"

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Pool seems to be dead.....any news on it ?

Is there another support channel that I am not aware of ? because this has been down for quite some time now with no info anywhere.
You can usually find pooler chillin' in #litecoin on freenode.
Activity: 462
I heart thebaron
Pool seems to be dead.....any news on it ?

Is there another support channel that I am not aware of ? because this has been down for quite some time now with no info anywhere.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Edit: must be down, pool is at 0 kh/s with 0 workers
is the pool down?

Code:
[2011-12-26 11:00:41] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2011-12-26 11:00:42] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2011-12-26 11:00:46] HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
[2011-12-26 11:00:46] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

Yes, technical problems. It's back up now, sorry for the inconvenience.
Activity: 351
is the pool down?

Code:
[2011-12-26 11:00:41] Binding thread 0 to cpu 0
[2011-12-26 11:00:42] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2011-12-26 11:00:46] HTTP request failed: couldn't connect to host
[2011-12-26 11:00:46] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Your pool does not pay out every hour. Either fix the problem or change your advertisements.

Automatic payments used to be carried out every hour, but I changed that to twice daily when I added the instant payout option, in order to minimize the number of transactions.
When I applied the changes I corrected the description in the feature lists (both on the site and on here) and on the "Payments" page, but I forgot to correct the textual description on the home page. Sorry for that, it's fixed now. Smiley
Thanks for quickly addressing the problem
Your pool does not pay out every hour. Either fix the problem or change your advertisements.

Automatic payments used to be carried out every hour, but I changed that to twice daily when I added the instant payout option, in order to minimize the number of transactions.
When I applied the changes I corrected the description in the feature lists (both on the site and on here) and on the "Payments" page, but I forgot to correct the textual description on the home page. Sorry for that, it's fixed now. Smiley
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
i'm interested in a iPhone interface. I love checking my miner stats throughout the day

Alright, link to the mobile interface now available on the "My Account page". You can add an icon for it to your Home screen via Safari.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
You might have noticed I have moved the payout history to a separate page, adding links to the block explorer for each transaction. I have also added the possibility to change the donation percentage because, believe it or not, one of our miners wanted to donate more.  Shocked

By the way, is anybody interested in an iPhone interface to check your live stats? Let me know!

i'm interested in a iPhone interface. I love checking my miner stats throughout the day
Activity: 392
Windows or Linux? If you're using Windows, it might well be that excessive load (not cpu usage) was only a problem under Linux, and you didn't experience it even with the old drivers.
Windows. Don't really know how to tell the difference between CPU usage and load from the task manager indeed, unlike on Linux where top makes it obvious ^^
Yeah, I know it might sound confusing. The point is that CPU usage is the same, but CPU load is not.
Lucky you... I have the same temps as before, around 58-59°C (Phenom 2 955 @3.6GHz)
Windows or Linux? If you're using Windows, it might well be that excessive load (not cpu usage) was only a problem under Linux, and you didn't experience it even with the old drivers.
Yeah, I know it might sound confusing. The point is that CPU usage is the same, but CPU load is not.
Lucky you... I have the same temps as before, around 58-59°C (Phenom 2 955 @3.6GHz)
Uhm, bizarre. On my main Bitcoin rig I see no slowdown at all using both CPU cores of a Sempron for Litecoin (5.8 kH/s) and two 5870's for Bitcoin (850 MH/s). This is using ATI drivers 11.12 and AMD Stream SDK 2.5, under Linux. And CPU temperature went down from 64°C to 60°C. Works like a charm now!
+/- fixed by setting GPU miner affinity to a single core and raising its priority while lowering LTC miner priority.
Still, I don't get how your CPU temperature can decrease if all you did in the end was replace a 100% CPU usage by driver mess with a 100% CPU usage by LTC miner...

Yeah, I know it might sound confusing. The point is that total CPU usage is the same as before, but CPU load is not.
Uhm, bizarre. On my main Bitcoin rig I see no slowdown at all using both CPU cores of a Sempron for Litecoin (5.8 kH/s) and two 5870's for Bitcoin (850 MH/s). This is using ATI drivers 11.12 and AMD Stream SDK 2.5, under Linux. And CPU temperature went down from 64°C to 60°C. Works like a charm now!
+/- fixed by setting GPU miner affinity to a single core and raising its priority while lowering LTC miner priority.
Still, I don't get how your CPU temperature can decrease if all you did in the end was replace a 100% CPU usage by driver mess with a 100% CPU usage by LTC miner...
Pages:
Jump to: