Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The Game of [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] GREED [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ιoo̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] - page 13. (Read 42889 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
My wallet is in sync, but still no mature coins as stated above.
sync to which block? 11000?
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
My wallet is in sync, but still no mature coins as stated above.
Your wallet is sync? My wallet is out of sync.
Activity: 247
block 11k  Shocked here we gooooooo!!!!!

No we don't look at block explorer, block 11000 was not a big pos block  Huh

I assume 11001-11200 thats 200 blocks, we will soon find out
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
block 11k  Shocked here we gooooooo!!!!!

No we don't look at block explorer, block 11000 was not a big pos block  Huh

legendary
Dev gave away some free coins on twitter, he's probably got 6-8 coins left, paid for a block explorer, nodes, man hours etc. There are multiple people with at least the same or more amount of coins, first it was traded here then on yobit. The staking and maturation time had been discussed from day one (not enough inputs) etc.

It has been a gamble from the start just like every other coin only little difference this time is that the dev didn't dissapear and is sticking with somewhat the original plan, is open for community feedback to reach consensus, has put in a lot of time trying to troubleshoot things. Community members have donated hash to move the chain, a dedicated pool etc.

A couple of people have decided it is a scam because the dev is not holding their fucking hands along a bumpy road or they simply can't understand or just ignore what has been posted over and over again, you had your chance to sell high, GREED took over and that is the game, grow a fucking pair and own up to your decisions.

No that is not the problem. I know what the hell I am doing and don't need my hand held.
I have 1.1 coins with 735 confirmations and about 14 hours, I have another 1.1 coins at 1054 confirmations and over 20 hours. NEITHER are mature for staking. So if you say the time/hours
doesn't matter and it is all about the confirmations till maturity, then why the hell won't dev tell
us EXACTLY HOW MANY CONFIRMATIONS NEEDED TO REACH MATURITY TO STAKE? He said 100 then
20 plus 4 hours. THAT IS SO WRONG AND OFF. I am just looking for the real numbers. Is that so f@cking hard to post?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
Dev gave away some free coins on twitter, he's probably got 6-8 coins left, paid for a block explorer, nodes, man hours etc. There are multiple people with at least the same or more amount of coins, first it was traded here then on yobit. The staking and maturation time had been discussed from day one (not enough inputs) etc.

It has been a gamble from the start just like every other coin only little difference this time is that the dev didn't dissapear and is sticking with somewhat the original plan, is open for community feedback to reach consensus, has put in a lot of time trying to troubleshoot things. Community members have donated hash to move the chain, a dedicated pool etc.

A couple of people have decided it is a scam because the dev is not holding their fucking hands along a bumpy road or they simply can't understand or just ignore what has been posted over and over again, you had your chance to sell high, GREED took over and that is the game, grow a fucking pair and own up to your decisions.

Activity: 448
Probably not going to matter. By the time we hit a pos block, I am hoping my coins mature, since it may take another 12 hours, lol, I might be in the game.

the time is not tied to actual time but blocks so if you don't have any mature ones you won't have them if we get stuck for 12 hours on this block.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013
Probably not going to matter. By the time we hit a pos block, I am hoping my coins mature, since it may take another 12 hours, lol, I might be in the game.

P.S. All I can say is DEV will probably stake first, and he better not sell any coins or it will end the market and coin. Don't be GREEDY, let other people stake.

How can you say that? This is cryptoland where everyone is out for his own interest and **** the rest.

Or am I wrong?
Activity: 432

P.S. All I can say is DEV will probably stake first, and he better not sell any coins or it will end the market and coin. Don't be GREEDY, let other people stake.
Does that mean I have to stay up all night seeing if the little lightning strike turns black?
legendary

You should have left it closed until block 10995 or so to ensure you have all your weight available.
Yes. Well I never thought at the time. Wise after the event from me unfortunately, Oh well lesson learned. Thanks.
Activity: 448
You should have left it closed until block 10995 or so to ensure you have all your weight available.

if i knew that before lol , i got 2 staked blocks few hundred blocks ago so i'm out of the race as well, no mature coins.. anyway the support is miserable anyway alts are dead again as expected ..
Activity: 363
I was thinking I'd try to play this coin's dumb staking to my advantage but I'm just gonna lay it out for everyone. This can only play out one of two ways:

1) The chain freezes because the 4 hr maturity is based on blocks, not clock time, as was speculated earlier in the thread
2) If the chain does work, the first 2-3 people to have matured stake blocks will get almost all of the remaining POS blocks to themselves, as they will instantly control 97% of the matured coins. This advantage will never be lost as staking progresses, those 2-3 people will forever have 75%+ of the $GREED supply, unless people are actually dumb enough to buy the coins off them in exchange.

For this distribution to work the initial number of coins would have to be like 1000-2000, otherwise there is no way to get to the other side of the staking round without one person having their stakes mature and gaining almost complete control of the staking thereafter.

edit: I like this coin, I like the idea of the distribution method, but as delivered technically it's just a dice roll for controlling interest of the chain by getting the first matured stakes.
Thanks for the heads up. Maybe the dev will land them??? It won't be me as I got a tiddler of a block 24 hours ago and not staking now so looks like i'm out.

Just out of interest, do you think it would of been wise to have your wallet open to the point where it started staking then closed it and opened it at the point where we are now 10999?
I was thinking I'd try to play this coin's dumb staking to my advantage but I'm just gonna lay it out for everyone. This can only play out one of two ways:

1) The chain freezes because the 4 hr maturity is based on blocks, not clock time, as was speculated earlier in the thread
2) If the chain does work, the first 2-3 people to have matured stake blocks will get almost all of the remaining POS blocks to themselves, as they will instantly control 97% of the matured coins. This advantage will never be lost as staking progresses, those 2-3 people will forever have 75%+ of the $GREED supply, unless people are actually dumb enough to buy the coins off them in exchange.

For this distribution to work the initial number of coins would have to be like 1000-2000, otherwise there is no way to get to the other side of the staking round without one person having their stakes mature and gaining almost complete control of the staking thereafter.

edit: I like this coin, I like the idea of the distribution method, but as delivered technically it's just a dice roll for controlling interest of the chain by getting the first matured stakes.
I also sent 1.1 inputs to my wallet and they took ~1 day(~1500-2000 blocks) to mature(thats with the 4h mature time). As stated many times coins were taking days to mature before @8h and the dev halved the time to 4h, knowing it wouldn't be  exactly 4h but would reduce mature time in half. Its believed that the excess time is related to the low amount of coins and when ppl start staking large amounts(after first Pos phase) the 4h time will be better represented. If you have >1 coin inputs fear not you will get in on Hpos, because its believed that these 200 blocks could take days to get through. Than when there is enough coin everything should move properly.  

Because of high POS diff, it will take several hours per block from here on out. If new coins don't mature as advertised the chain will freeze completely somewhere around block 11075.

This was foreseen and thats why confirmations were lowered to 20 to allow coins to be restaked so the chain doesn't get stuck 
Because of high POS diff, it will take several hours per block from here on out. If new coins don't mature as advertised the chain will freeze completely somewhere around block 11075.
Is it just me or is the blockchain stucked on block 10999?
Yes, stucked at block 10999
Pages:
Jump to: