Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN threads shouldn't be self-moderated - page 3. (Read 789 times)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
September 04, 2019, 10:17:48 PM
It will only make a lot more work for moderators.
I proposed earlier that Brand New and Newbie account should not be even allowed to create new Topics (they can still create posts),
BUT if that is to drastic for many people, then Newbies should NOT be allowed to create Self-moderated Topics
multiple also

I agree with this one, newbies are the one that's creating new ICO announcement thread and they want it moderated so no one can post negative feedback on their project, I believe ICO or new announcement should be unmoderated so people can judge and can give a fair opinion about the project.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
September 04, 2019, 05:41:08 PM
It is still helpful overall I think. It's supposed to combat spam only but if you believe someone is abusing self-moderation to censor and/or cover their scammy/shady projects, I believe you can always create a scam accusation/reputation thread. I don't know if you were able to witness how a fellow was confronted for deleting messages and hiding his human rights foundation scam.
If I believe that a project or a token is a scam, I would certainly make a new topic on "Scam accusation" thread. But some times only I want to make a complain. for example I complain about how they are conducting the ICO, bonuses, KYC, exchanges, etc. The ANN thread is the best place to talk about these issues. It's not convenient to make a new topic.  
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 3114
September 04, 2019, 03:08:06 PM
+10

Would be nice that New user cant make self moderated thread so they cant delete things like when you post in there thats the ANN is fake or have Malware in it or such other things
like Scam or else !

Selfmoderated Threads can be done with min of 5 Merits or something like that and also maybe Chopper Members can do it !
Would be nice if that gets inplemented from theymos !

Will helping a lot Users for bust Spammers and Scammer !
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Blackjack.fun
September 04, 2019, 02:28:08 PM
It is still helpful overall I think. It's supposed to combat spam only but if you believe someone is abusing self-moderation to censor and/or cover their scammy/shady projects, I believe you can always create a scam accusation/reputation thread.

Just as The Pharmacist said, but I don't have only a suspicion about, I'm pretty sure Tongue.

Let's be a bit more realistic here, no OP is going to delete useless posts when those are actually helping his ICO or Altcoin announcement to be on the first page in that section, they all know that if they delete those they lose a lot of bumps and spammers would avoid them, go to others topics and bumps those instead.
Probably less than 0.1% of the authors out there care about quality and not about keeping the topics spammed and alive on the first page.

As for the ever invoked motive of "FUD", there are only a few coins, again some 0..something percent where FUD is not actually reality.

LE
Took me 2 minutes:
Self-moderated topic:
http://archive.fo/fGQQv

brilliant project ,i like this
Amazing nice t project ,i like this
we believe this project has good future
very interesting project

Not that the two liners in the topic were something else...
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
September 04, 2019, 01:31:28 PM
abusing self-moderation to censor and/or cover their scammy/shady projects
This snippet above is the only problem I can see with self-moderated ANN threads, and I have no doubt whatsoever that some projects will do this.  On the other hand, if you've ever seen one of these ANN threads you'll realize that about 95% of the posts there should be deleted. 

The only question I have is whether the shitposts are being paid for by the project in order to bump the thread.  If that's the case, then there's no reason to have a self-moderated thread, because then you know damn well that the OP isn't going to delete anything except for posts he doesn't like.  I have a sneaking suspicion that most ANN thread starters love the bumping garbage posts.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
September 04, 2019, 01:29:41 PM
It will only make a lot more work for moderators.
I proposed earlier that Brand New and Newbie account should not be even allowed to create new Topics (they can still create posts),
BUT if that is to drastic for many people, then Newbies should NOT be allowed to create Self-moderated Topics
multiple also
Activity: 882
Merit: 301
September 04, 2019, 01:22:04 PM
It is still helpful overall I think. It's supposed to combat spam only but if you believe someone is abusing self-moderation to censor and/or cover their scammy/shady projects, I believe you can always create a scam accusation/reputation thread. I don't know if you were able to witness how a fellow was confronted for deleting messages and hiding his human rights foundation scam.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
September 04, 2019, 01:02:56 PM
Every day, some new ANN threads are created in the forum. Many of these ANN threads are self-moderated. In my opinion, posting self-moderated topics shouldn't be allowed on "Announcements (Altcoins)".
In most cases, they make the topics self-moderated to be able to delete any post complaining them. Instead of deleting the posts, they should report the posts and posts are deleted only by moderators.
I know there are many spams in these topics. They can be only allowed to delete the posts that are made by newbies.
Pages:
Jump to: