Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Tidecoin: Post-Quantum Security Bitcoin | PoW only | CPU friendly algo - page 10. (Read 7984 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 2
At the beginning design the consideration to make the supply approximately equal to bitcoin is after 4 years, but this seems that has the serious hyperinflation problem. So how to design the mining interval for the first 50% of total supply? Can guys offer us your suggestion. Tidecoin is belongs to the every one, but it needs some time to be spread to.
I want to ask all project participants, many of you are afraid of hyperinflation due to the fact that half of all coins will be generated in the first half of the year, I believe that for this, first we need to remove the factor that there are addresses in the explorer that show high deposits from the total number of coins, and first of all, I ask their owners to generate and redistribute coins to addresses, so that each of them does not have more than 0.5% of the existing coins at this stage, and then all miners should constantly monitor as the number of coins grows so that the address does not exceed this percentage and if it is necessary to generate more new ones if it is exceeded. this is a psychological factor for everyone who looks at the top 100 addresses and it greatly influences new users and miners to attract them.
secondly, I believe that we need to open out-of-stock trading in discord and introduce a rule that the volume of one trade did not exceed 100 coins at a time, and if a person wants to buy or sell 1000 coins, he will have to submit a new buy or sell request each time. this will lead to a large number of transactions, which will have a good effect on price formation. find worthy escrow representatives among our community who will ensure openness and honesty of trading, let them take 1 or 2 percent of the transaction, which is a worthy reward for their work. and outside the exchange trading should continue until the time of the first halving comes, and then withdraw the coin to the real exchange and the starting price by this moment will be fully formed.                as well as the number of participants and miners, will reach a level where the difficulty of mining is very high and no longer gives the possibility of strong inflation.

The price movement is complex, trading outside or inside the exchange is not limited. If listing in exchange it can be attracted more people outside the community.
Why this project has this ECC dependency? That is not Falcon Signatures.
https://github.com/tidecoin/tidecoin/blob/master/build_msvc/libsecp256k1_config.h

The ECC is not used in Tidecoin, and replaced by Falcon. It is just not removed from source code.
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
At the beginning design the consideration to make the supply approximately equal to bitcoin is after 4 years, but this seems that has the serious hyperinflation problem. So how to design the mining interval for the first 50% of total supply? Can guys offer us your suggestion. Tidecoin is belongs to the every one, but it needs some time to be spread to.
I want to ask all project participants, many of you are afraid of hyperinflation due to the fact that half of all coins will be generated in the first half of the year, I believe that for this, first we need to remove the factor that there are addresses in the explorer that show high deposits from the total number of coins, and first of all, I ask their owners to generate and redistribute coins to addresses, so that each of them does not have more than 0.5% of the existing coins at this stage, and then all miners should constantly monitor as the number of coins grows so that the address does not exceed this percentage and if it is necessary to generate more new ones if it is exceeded. this is a psychological factor for everyone who looks at the top 100 addresses and it greatly influences new users and miners to attract them.
secondly, I believe that we need to open out-of-stock trading in discord and introduce a rule that the volume of one trade did not exceed 100 coins at a time, and if a person wants to buy or sell 1000 coins, he will have to submit a new buy or sell request each time. this will lead to a large number of transactions, which will have a good effect on price formation. find worthy escrow representatives among our community who will ensure openness and honesty of trading, let them take 1 or 2 percent of the transaction, which is a worthy reward for their work. and outside the exchange trading should continue until the time of the first halving comes, and then withdraw the coin to the real exchange and the starting price by this moment will be fully formed.                as well as the number of participants and miners, will reach a level where the difficulty of mining is very high and no longer gives the possibility of strong inflation.
Activity: 2

Is the hyperinflation a real problem when there is no price?

In the beginning, all coins value is 0. In any case, the price, its the mining electricity cost.

The initial high supply, could depreciate the value of the coin because the miners take a lot of coins. But this Its so bad?

If you see other coins that make opposite way, like linear emission, they take a lot of value in the beginning, but from that moment they begin to fall, until they find a stable price.

Tidecoin would have a very low price at first, but as soon as it attracts the miners / users, and due to its low max supply, I do not think it will go down to 0 sat, no matter how much the reward be. That could help to have a good distribution, since miners have a perception of an excess of coins.

In six month the miners take 1/4 of the initial reward, and if the project have a good evolution, they have to replant the sell price.

There are no written rules, nor any manual that can say that excess emission at the beginning is a better or worse option. Moreover, I think it is a minor issue, the success or failure of a project (in the long term, not for a bump-dump scheme) depends on many other things.

Making a successful coin is like a marathon, the least important thing is how fast you start.

My suggestion, wait six months and email tradeogre.

The miner is import at the early stage. In six month the miners take 1/2 of total reward, the volume is huge but it can provide a relative low price to the redistribution. Agree that a long term evolution depends many other things.
Activity: 426
Merit: 212
I've long thought the need for everything to be "on chain" is over-rated. This is why I like solutions like Lightning Network which speed up transaction time but in an "off chain" way - there is no practical need to solve all problems "on chain" - I think "off chain" resolutions to issues like inflation is perfectly valid as an option. This is just a hobby for me really, so I do not much care.
I hate offchain characteristics.

For me, its centralized and unreliable solution. I never invest in any cripto that need such things to work well.
Activity: 6
I've long thought the need for everything to be "on chain" is over-rated. This is why I like solutions like Lightning Network which speed up transaction time but in an "off chain" way - there is no practical need to solve all problems "on chain" - I think "off chain" resolutions to issues like inflation is perfectly valid as an option. This is just a hobby for me really, so I do not much care.
Activity: 426
Merit: 212

Is the hyperinflation a real problem when there is no price?

In the beginning, all coins value is 0. In any case, the price, its the mining electricity cost.

The initial high supply, could depreciate the value of the coin because the miners take a lot of coins. But this Its so bad?

If you see other coins that make opposite way, like linear emission, they take a lot of value in the beginning, but from that moment they begin to fall, until they find a stable price.

Tidecoin would have a very low price at first, but as soon as it attracts the miners / users, and due to its low max supply, I do not think it will go down to 0 sat, no matter how much the reward be. That could help to have a good distribution, since miners have a perception of an excess of coins.

In six month the miners take 1/4 of the initial reward, and if the project have a good evolution, they have to replant the sell price.

There are no written rules, nor any manual that can say that excess emission at the beginning is a better or worse option. Moreover, I think it is a minor issue, the success or failure of a project (in the long term, not for a bump-dump scheme) depends on many other things.

Making a successful coin is like a marathon, the least important thing is how fast you start.

My suggestion, wait six months and email tradeogre.

Yes, I have a suggestion. It is similar to when flights are over-booked and the airline asks for volunteers to give up their seats, in exchange for free miles / upgrades / etc.

Create a "burn address" (where you have destroyed and / or permanently and intentionally lost the private key so this address can never be spent) and ask volunteer miners to send some of their coins to this "burn address" in order to reduce the supply, and help offset inflation. In return, you funnel additional hash power to those miners to make up for their contribution. So if I am a miner, and I send (say) 1,000 coins to the burn address, then you in turn (maybe over a period of time) give me additional hash power (through a pool perhaps, not quite sure the technical details) to offset my contribution. If it takes me Y hashpower over X amount of time to produce N coins, and I send N coins to the burn address to reduce supply, then, over some amount of time similar to X, I am "credited" Y hashpower by the mining pool I am using. Not sure all the technical details (I am a blockchain investor and miner, but not a developer) but I am sure this ought to be "doable".

Again I am very excited about this project - all new successes moving forward in terms of new coins coming into the space will need to be quantum secure, and I think this has as good a shot as any of them.

The "burn" method is not an on chain implementation. One of the methods is to reduce the block reward and extend the halving interval accordingly.
Yes, I have a suggestion. It is similar to when flights are over-booked and the airline asks for volunteers to give up their seats, in exchange for free miles / upgrades / etc.

Create a "burn address" (where you have destroyed and / or permanently and intentionally lost the private key so this address can never be spent) and ask volunteer miners to send some of their coins to this "burn address" in order to reduce the supply, and help offset inflation. In return, you funnel additional hash power to those miners to make up for their contribution. So if I am a miner, and I send (say) 1,000 coins to the burn address, then you in turn (maybe over a period of time) give me additional hash power (through a pool perhaps, not quite sure the technical details) to offset my contribution. If it takes me Y hashpower over X amount of time to produce N coins, and I send N coins to the burn address to reduce supply, then, over some amount of time similar to X, I am "credited" Y hashpower by the mining pool I am using. Not sure all the technical details (I am a blockchain investor and miner, but not a developer) but I am sure this ought to be "doable".

Again I am very excited about this project - all new successes moving forward in terms of new coins coming into the space will need to be quantum secure, and I think this has as good a shot as any of them.
Activity: 1193
Merit: 507
Pinch.Network Guaranteed Airdrop
I do have limited knowledge to compile CPU binaries on my Win/Ryzen machine, so I downloaded Awesome Miner (https://www.awesomeminer.com/) in order to mine this coin.
The software is using Yespower on cpuminer-sse2 but I get Reject: Low difficulty share of... all the time.

Is there a fix for that which involves no compilation of binaries? I would like to see the miner directly run from the wallet, the lower the entry the more adoption.

Check out the https://pool.rplant.xyz/#tidecoin#connect.
They got links to a functional miner.
Activity: 2
I do have limited knowledge to compile CPU binaries on my Win/Ryzen machine, so I downloaded Awesome Miner (https://www.awesomeminer.com/) in order to mine this coin.
The software is using Yespower on cpuminer-sse2 but I get Reject: Low difficulty share of... all the time.

Is there a fix for that which involve no compilation of binaries? I would like to see the miner directly run from the wallet, the lower the entry the more adoption.

Also, do you have any plans of reducing the inflation rate of Tidecoin?
Because as of right now, its pretty insane that 50% of the coin supply will be minted in just 6 months.

Yes, the inflation rate is a little high. This design is considered to make the supply approximately equal to bitcoin after 4 years(maybe the point of quantum crack time).

Do you think how long to produce the 50% of the coin is suitable? Also the Discord discussion is welcome.

Well, right now we are experiencing some serious hyperinflation.
Right now, with 2880 blocks per day (with 1 min block time) about 115.200 TDC is released, daily.
Thats 9 days or less per million.

Send me a message.
Id be happy to help out, as I have previous experience with running my own blockchain project.

Because as of right now, its pretty insane that 50% of the coin supply will be minted in just 6 months.

Yes, the inflation rate is a little high. This design is considered to make the supply approximately equal to bitcoin after 4 years(maybe the point of quantum crack time).

Do you think how long to produce the 50% of the coin is suitable? Also the Discord discussion is welcome.
Quantum computers could crack Bitcoin by 2022 (https://decrypt.co/28560/quantum-computers-could-crack-bitcoins-encryption-by-2022)
By Robert Stevens

Don'T believe everything you read on the internet  Grin

First sha256, then x11, and a passel of similar algos with low degree of resilience against quantum abuse, then mimble-wimble, then no-algo coins, pure POS, then DPOS. Investment in something that everyone knows is threatened by enhanced cracker capacities of future computers is batty money proliferation strategy. Sell bitcoin.

Indeed, if bitcoin core is not planning to upgrade the crypto algorithm used in bitcoin to Post-Quantum security ones, it is undoubtedly a serious threat in the near future. As a value storage tool, the security is the first.

Could you confirm whether or not that you are the owner of one of these addresses?

Quantum computers could crack Bitcoin by 2022 (https://decrypt.co/28560/quantum-computers-could-crack-bitcoins-encryption-by-2022)
By Robert Stevens

Don'T believe everything you read on the internet  Grin

First sha256, then x11, and a passel of similar algos with low degree of resilience against quantum abuse, then mimble-wimble, then no-algo coins, pure POS, then DPOS. Investment in something that everyone knows is threatened by enhanced cracker capacities of future computers is batty money proliferation strategy. Sell bitcoin.

Indeed, if bitcoin core is not planning to upgrade the crypto algorithm used in bitcoin to Post-Quantum security ones, it is undoubtedly a serious threat in the near future. As a value storage tool, the security is the first.
U guys should try listing on tradeogre.com --> I think it is pretty easy / cheap to get listed on there, though don't know all details, worth checking out.
I tried to send a message to the dev of the project regarding the lack of a discord server.
But I got no response, so instead, I made an unofficial server Smiley

Feel free to join it here: https://discord.gg/SnZW2ykXkH

And dev, if you don't feel like maintaining a discord server yourself, then it would be a big help to your own community, to link to the server in the announcement post Smiley

Thanks Cheesy

Thanks too. Added it in the ANN post. Tidecoin is mined by CPU, it is great to include more people to mine with their personal computer and seek Tidecoin as an alternative of Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: