Author

Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched! - page 146. (Read 573290 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Yeah, these last 2 blocks before the next re-calculation should take a little longer. Multipool pulled most of their hash rate so we won't jump the difficulty back up. But once these next 2 are found, we should drop back to something manageable hopefully.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
I have no idea who arranged it but good job Wink

Damn, by the time I can change my miners it will have a 200 Difficulty again haha Sad
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005
I have no idea who arranged it but good job Wink
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
nice and thanks to the multipool who helped out Smiley
Before everyone gets really mad and starts bagging on Multipools, Multipool.us just directed 8045.7 MH/s our way to get through those last 4 blocks... they helped us push them out in 20 minutes and we had been stuck for like 9 hours. So they aren't all bad!
Activity: 381
Yeah its pretty fucking annoying the difficulty algorithm that exists currently is not ideal. I redirected my miners out of anger last night, just being really upset to be on the same block for over 2 hours.

I also was going to get some newbs into mining last night but realized they wont even be able to get any TIPS for mining their entire night, so I had to introduce them to another coin so they can get an idea at what normally happens when mining a crypto currency. I did not want them to get discouraged by not receiving any tips for many many hours of electricity and quit before the next 5 block payouts.

Edit: I have been developing my own Difficulty algorithm that proposes a solution to the issue of Botnets/Multipools raising difficulty then leaving the real longterm miners holding the knife.
Activity: 519
I think every single coin that releases from here on out needs to implement the kimoto gravity well since the beginning, multipools abuse new profitable coins like it has been going on with TIPS for the past couple of weeks leaving the real miners screwed once the difficulty gets high
Activity: 257
Something to ALSO consider, the W/ payment system essentially cannot be launched proficiently until we resolve our difficult REadjustment (multipool abuse) challenges.
Delaying the payment system is obviously the right business decision in light of our retargeting concern. I just hope that we are not all feeling some possible false sense of forthcoming relief once we get to block 50800 and are secretively convinced we will have smooth sailing until block 51000. In other words....the multipools know how profitable fedora is to mine and will be back with INSANITY in 4 blocks from this moment. They'll eat through the 10 blocks and leave us with what possible high difficulty for us to cut down(?) I would have done EXACTLY what Invisibel (the dev) did and chose 51000 to implement the new changes. HOWEVER, in light of recent difficulty "events" I would now admit its best to defend the attacks with a kimoto gravity well implementation effective as soon as it could be pushed out the window. Yes, we can talk about the repercussions.
legendary
Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

Yeah 50800 would be great to bring kimoto in but well... Is anyone resposible around?
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I understand that we only have 4 blocks to go before we would normalize back to a workable difficulty. The real question is, was this done intentionally to hamper or diminish Fedoracoins momentum by a competitor, or was it genuinely just someone trying to cash in and hold some TIPS who dropped a ton of hashing power. If your goal was to mine a bunch and hold, why cause such a drastic effect on the network and bring the coin to it's knees? This discourages investor confidence. Unless your goal is to lower the price and buy in for even more. If that's the case and you just want to mine while the difficulty is low, wouldn't you just come back as soon as the block changes in 4 more blocks and do it again?

If it's a competitor, what's to stop them from coming back every 9th block and basically stalling the coin for the foreseeable future? The reality is, whoever did this could come back and continue this process until we hit 51000, which is still 200 blocks away. At this rate, that could take several weeks at best. I'm a little worried we might be in for a long road to the update. Hopefully i'm wrong and we hit 50800 and cruise our way to 51000 through the weekend.

Been concerned about this myself.  Karmacoin sees the writing on the wall and will implement the gravity well nearly almost immediately after they seen the problem yesterday..made an announcement today and will implement the gravity well I believe tomorrow. Don't quote me on those exact days..but I believe they are about accurate....point being they know how a coin can get stuck with multipools killing it (RonPaulCoin until fixed)..and now we all know 200 blocks for TIPS MAY...I said MAY....be a bit longer than we bartered for.

Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me, but I have no problem with a 0.5.7 version wallet release with gravity well implementation...like ...uh...pretty much...now (not 200+ blocks from now).

I agree!
Now is the time.
Activity: 257
I understand that we only have 4 blocks to go before we would normalize back to a workable difficulty. The real question is, was this done intentionally to hamper or diminish Fedoracoins momentum by a competitor, or was it genuinely just someone trying to cash in and hold some TIPS who dropped a ton of hashing power. If your goal was to mine a bunch and hold, why cause such a drastic effect on the network and bring the coin to it's knees? This discourages investor confidence. Unless your goal is to lower the price and buy in for even more. If that's the case and you just want to mine while the difficulty is low, wouldn't you just come back as soon as the block changes in 4 more blocks and do it again?

If it's a competitor, what's to stop them from coming back every 9th block and basically stalling the coin for the foreseeable future? The reality is, whoever did this could come back and continue this process until we hit 51000, which is still 200 blocks away. At this rate, that could take several weeks at best. I'm a little worried we might be in for a long road to the update. Hopefully i'm wrong and we hit 50800 and cruise our way to 51000 through the weekend.

Been concerned about this myself.  Karmacoin sees the writing on the wall and will implement the gravity well nearly almost immediately after they seen the problem yesterday..made an announcement today and will implement the gravity well I believe tomorrow. Don't quote me on those exact days..but I believe they are about accurate....point being they know how a coin can get stuck with multipools killing it (RonPaulCoin until fixed)..and now we all know 200 blocks for TIPS MAY...I said MAY....be a bit longer than we bartered for.

Go ahead and throw tomatoes at me, but I have no problem with a 0.5.7 version wallet release with gravity well implementation...like ...uh...pretty much...now (not 200+ blocks from now).
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96
CoinMarketCap is using fedorachain.info to get their values, sadly the owner of that site moved on to a different coin and abandoned TIPS, closing the daemon and leaving it stuck at values from a few days ago (visit http://fedorachain.info and see for yourself EDIT: actually they've completely closed it now)
The last time anyone heard from the owner he was asking for donations to keep it going, I guess receiving TIPS is more important than having the value of the TIPS he already has rise.

I'm looking into hosting the chain explorer at fedoracoin.net, almost got it ready, just need to setup apache and have it run as a daemon and it should be good to go.

By the way, if you're a pool owner and you have crashing troubles please read the note I posted when I released 0.55 that says pools should stick with 0.5 for now instead of making wild posts on your site, like some pool that I won't name did.
Also if you say in the same post that you're going to get in touch with the development team please do, I need help from anyone who has crashes to debug it with them since I'm not experiencing any problems on my pool.

Again, to stress:
POOL OWNERS PLEASE STICK WITH 0.5 FOR NOW!
(unless you want to help debug the cause of the crashes, which would be useful because so far I've had 2 reports of crashes but no offers to help debug them, not even a debug log file...)

Has the block explorer been restored yet?
http://chain.fedoraco.in/chain/FedoraCoin

Thank you!
Activity: 112
Does anyone on here think we will ever get to tips/btc on cryptsys?
Activity: 98
Will someone update the mac wallet?  Huh
Activity: 277
CoinMarketCap is using fedorachain.info to get their values, sadly the owner of that site moved on to a different coin and abandoned TIPS, closing the daemon and leaving it stuck at values from a few days ago (visit http://fedorachain.info and see for yourself EDIT: actually they've completely closed it now)
The last time anyone heard from the owner he was asking for donations to keep it going, I guess receiving TIPS is more important than having the value of the TIPS he already has rise.

I'm looking into hosting the chain explorer at fedoracoin.net, almost got it ready, just need to setup apache and have it run as a daemon and it should be good to go.

By the way, if you're a pool owner and you have crashing troubles please read the note I posted when I released 0.55 that says pools should stick with 0.5 for now instead of making wild posts on your site, like some pool that I won't name did.
Also if you say in the same post that you're going to get in touch with the development team please do, I need help from anyone who has crashes to debug it with them since I'm not experiencing any problems on my pool.

Again, to stress:
(unless you want to help debug the cause of the crashes, which would be useful because so far I've had 2 reports of crashes but no offers to help debug them, not even a debug log file...)

http://chain.fedoraco.in/chain/FedoraCoin
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003
twet.ch/inv/62d7ae96

Again, to stress:

Thanks so that would be .00000350 ltc ?
Jump to: