Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] TopCoin [TOP] ★ Crypto Learning Center coming soon! ★ Practical toolset! - page 4. (Read 195458 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 502
TopCoin Lead
We're being removed from Mintpal on the 7th, is v2 going to happen before that?

I have reached out to the MintPal guys, and hopefully topdude can do the same.  I hope they give us a chance like they did SaturnCoin - they were announced for removal right before they did a new release, and were allowed to stay until the new version was out.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
We're being removed from Mintpal on the 7th, is v2 going to happen before that?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Just a reminder to go vote for the specs of TOP v2!  The new logo is looking great so far, I have a few things I need to change and then I should be taking it into a digital editor to really bring it to life.  Thank you everyone who has voted so far!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/topcoin-v2-you-choose-vote-here-710742

By the way, in case anyone was wondering, we are also going forward with the Crypto Center.  I will be purchasing a new vps to run it on soon, so development can continue and be ready sometime after the coin reboot! Grin
TopCoin Lead
Just so everyone is aware, I've been working on a new logo and such for the new version of TOP Grin

Can't wait to unveil it when we decide on the new version specs!  Everyone go vote!
Activity: 551
Merit: 500
Have your say!

vote here, whether top should be changed and how it should be changed

interesting, is there a working blockchain explorer for TOP?
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Have your say!

vote here, whether top should be changed and how it should be changed
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
These are the changes we were thinking of implementing

reduce coins 1:1000 ratio

increase pow from 1 to 50 coins

introduce pos at 50% interest per year, calculated daily

So to do this, we will make a new coin with those specs, and premine it to the amount of currently minted TOPv1/1000. so 22billion coins will become 22million

Everyone will need to convert their coins, this will be done from a central swap page we make.

You will, enter your v2 address, and be given a v1 address to send to. All v1 coins you send to that address, will be converted to v2 and sent back after 6 confirms.

Any v2 coins remaining after the swap can either be distributed to the community, and used for bounties etc, or distoryed

Please post suggestions or feedback Grin

Sounds good. Waiting for developments.

Excellent...
TopCoin Lead
is this coin live? the price is not going up

Yes, TopCoin has been live for a while.  We are currently developing a new release, so price will probably remain steady until we get closer to our relaunch.  Stay tuned for more news.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
is this coin live? the price is not going up
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

So to do this, we will make a new coin with those specs, and premine it to the amount of currently minted TOPv1/1000. so 22billion coins will become 22million

Everyone will need to convert their coins, this will be done from a central swap page we make.

You will, enter your v2 address, and be given a v1 address to send to. All v1 coins you send to that address, will be converted to v2 and sent back after 6 confirms.

Any v2 coins remaining after the swap can either be distributed to the community, and used for bounties etc, or distoryed

Sounds good. Waiting for developments.
Activity: 63

honest;y top dude instead of the ration 1:1000 you should do 1:10000 the reason why saturn coin did it because it was under 10 million 22 million is a bit high it should be under the bit coin amount not a great idea wont stop any bleed at 22 million you need less coins and something of true value
Activity: 223
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
this coin wont make a comeback - skip it

what will happen to those that hold top coin will we be able to switch our coins over to the new topv2 Huh??

Yes, absolutely.  We will be exchanging old TOP for new TOP, at the ratio we all decide upon by vote Grin

where will the vote take place and how can i vote as well
TopCoin Lead

what will happen to those that hold top coin will we be able to switch our coins over to the new topv2 Huh??

Yes, absolutely.  We will be exchanging old TOP for new TOP, at the ratio we all decide upon by vote Grin
the coins were more then doubled, the dev mined the new coins in secret, without saying rules have changed ... no announcement, no realy explanation, no update of data on website or blog. only mining in secret till a member recognized it (thank you learminer!) .even crymzyn, the voice of topcoin, did not know what happened.

what will be better with version top2, top3 or top4? or with the next distribution rounds, 11,5 billion, 26 billion ... ?!
Or when they change the coin to a 100% premined coin? Nothing. The problems will come back
No one will accept a coin with such practises.

A little clarification...  Topdude did not know about the issue until I reported it to him, shortly after learminer reported it here...  So to say that the dev was mining in secret is bogus.  In fact, it was in the initial phase of distribution, so learminer caught it at a crucial time - again, thank you.

Topdude also made a post here in a timely manner, and has never left us high and dry.  He is consistently BUYING Topcoin to use in our giveaways and for bounties, so please, do not get any facts twisted here.  

Yes, the coin did have a flaw and started distributing again when it wasn't supposed to, but in the end, it gave new people a chance to get in at the ground level - both by mining and buying low.  It revived the network which had mostly consisted of me and Topdude taking turns keeping it going.  These types of issues that were not able to be seen at the beginning will be fixed, and we will come out of this in much better shape.

The new version will be leaner and meaner - we will most likely do a 1000 to 1 cut on the coin cap, bringing it to millions instead of billions.  Different selections of attributes will be presented to the community, and it will be up to them to decide what the new Topcoin will be, by running a fair vote.  It will still have the solid leadership team behind it every step of the way, and development will be continued on the Crypto Center that will provide new tools to increase usability and make it easier to engage less technical folk.  

I appreciate your thoughts, but just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the truth.  

the coins were more then doubled, the dev mined the new coins in secret, without saying rules have changed ... no announcement, no realy explanation, no update of data on website or blog. only mining in secret till a member recognized it (thank you learminer!) .even crymzyn, the voice of topcoin, did not know what happened.

what will be better with version top2, top3 or top4? or with the next distribution rounds, 11,5 billion, 26 billion ... ?!
Or when they change the coin to a 100% premined coin? Nothing. The problems will come back

A little clarification...  Topdude did not know about the issue until I reported it to him, shortly after learminer reported it here...  So to say that the dev was mining in secret is bogus.  In fact, it was in the initial phase of distribution, so learminer caught it at a crucial time - again, thank you.

Topdude also made a post here in a timely manner, and has never left us high and dry.  He is consistently BUYING Topcoin to use in our giveaways and for bounties, so please, do not get any facts twisted here.  

Yes, the coin did have a flaw and started distributing again when it wasn't supposed to, but in the end, it gave new people a chance to get in at the ground level - both by mining and buying low.  It revived the network which had mostly consisted of me and Topdude taking turns keeping it going.  These types of issues that were not able to be seen at the beginning will be fixed, and we will come out of this in much better shape.

The new version will be leaner and meaner - we will most likely do a 1000 to 1 cut on the coin cap, bringing it to millions instead of billions.  Different selections of attributes will be presented to the community, and it will be up to them to decide what the new Topcoin will be, by running a fair vote.  It will still have the solid leadership team behind it every step of the way, and development will be continued on the Crypto Center that will provide new tools to increase usability and make it easier to engage less technical folk.  

I appreciate your thoughts, but just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of the truth.  

+1
TopCoin Lead

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Hey all!  I'm getting ready for a long weekend, and hopefully most of you are looking forward to the same.  I apologize for not posting lately, things have been tough around the house - we'll just leave it at that.

I will be gathering my thoughts on our new direction, voting for features, and everything I feel needs to be talked about with TopCoin, and will deliver a post here sometime during the holiday break. 

I would like extend a warm welcome all of the newcomers!  It's nice to see the community growing, and I think we will engage even more folks as we continue to develop the new and improved TOP. 

Have a happy and safe 4th of July weekend!  See you soon! Grin

Brand new coin relaunch, TOPCOIN V2(pick the best algo at the moment).   Convert old coins for holders.   

This is the best plan to resurge.

Pages:
Jump to: