Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org - page 62. (Read 125349 times)

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
Anyone dump $6k worth of this coin today? Volume went up by 6k, price dropped. More to the point did anyone buy $6k worth of coins?
(Thats 30% increase in daily trade volume on a coin that is dropping in price by the hour, looks and smells more like sellers than buyers to me)

could be Carsen liquidating some of his remaining 30k coins?

Check: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/tor/#!wallets

Wallet 1-6 is me.  I don't see Carsen's wallets anywhere in the top 10 anymore, so maybe he has sold the remaining 30k off.

Wallet 7 is interesting - must be a big investor buying and holding.

Wallets 7 and 8 are probably exchanges, not an investor. Number 7 has 95 addresses and 8 has 43. I'm sure if you compare the transactions in those wallets with the transactions on the exchanges they will likely match up.

I think a more important question, again, is your wallet 5. On the 23rd you had a 100,000 TOR deposit, supposedly from Carsen, and on the 28th that 100,000 left your wallet. Where did it go? It left wallet 5 at 01:12 and there was a deposit into wallet 6 for 99,500 at 13:58. That's the best scenario I could come up with to explain it, but where was it for 12 hours and why is the deposit into wallet 6 for 500 less than what was transferred from wallet 5? Your promised transparency and that you would openly state anytime you move coins. Did the 500 go into faucets? Bounties? Before you only had 5 wallets, why do you need 6 now? Transparency always overrides FUD and boosts investor's confidence.

I am not in support of this cion, but I do know the dev or however you may call him paid someone 500 TOR for the creation of a faucet.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
thanks but i dont know what to do with this Error
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Too weird to live,too rare to die ;)
Type " pause" at the end of the .bat so you can read what's the problem....
Activity: 215
Merit: 103
i used sgminer for mining in pool

Code:
sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://tor.pool.mn:4741 -u **.*** -p ***

and save as bat file
but when i run it doesnt work
please help

lol i had same problem and never solved it.
Activity: 326
Merit: 100
i used sgminer for mining in pool

Code:
sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://tor.pool.mn:4741 -u **.*** -p ***

and save as bat file
but when i run it doesnt work
please help
Activity: 370

Price has nothing to do with the health of the coin.  That is just speculators trying to make a quick buck - I really don't care.  It will bounce back up once the guy either stops selling his TOR or sells it all and the market demand absorbs it.  I am LONG on TOR, and I only really care about people who are LONG on TOR and believe in the coin for the longterm, in which case the temporary price fluctuation is irrelevant.

As for the Tor Project, their threats are empty. This is a decentralized coin.  There is simply no way to 'sue' a decentralized coin.  It's all just bluff.

Appreciate your response which is comforting..Great to hear that the legal issues are only a bluff. But certainly that tweet made it rounds I would think. Thanks again and wishing you the best in what you have planned. Just curious how many other developers are working on this coin...currently.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Official Zeitcoin community ambassador
Anyone dump $6k worth of this coin today? Volume went up by 6k, price dropped. More to the point did anyone buy $6k worth of coins?
(Thats 30% increase in daily trade volume on a coin that is dropping in price by the hour, looks and smells more like sellers than buyers to me)

could be Carsen liquidating some of his remaining 30k coins?

Check: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/tor/#!wallets

Wallet 1-6 is me.  I don't see Carsen's wallets anywhere in the top 10 anymore, so maybe he has sold the remaining 30k off.

Wallet 7 is interesting - must be a big investor buying and holding.

Wallets 7 and 8 are probably exchanges, not an investor. Number 7 has 95 addresses and 8 has 43. I'm sure if you compare the transactions in those wallets with the transactions on the exchanges they will likely match up.

I think a more important question, again, is your wallet 5. On the 23rd you had a 100,000 TOR deposit, supposedly from Carsen, and on the 28th that 100,000 left your wallet. Where did it go? It left wallet 5 at 01:12 and there was a deposit into wallet 6 for 99,500 at 13:58. That's the best scenario I could come up with to explain it, but where was it for 12 hours and why is the deposit into wallet 6 for 500 less than what was transferred from wallet 5? Your promised transparency and that you would openly state anytime you move coins. Did the 500 go into faucets? Bounties? Before you only had 5 wallets, why do you need 6 now? Transparency always overrides FUD and boosts investor's confidence.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
https://TORCOIN.ORG
which exchange is that on, C-Cex? I'll take a look.  It's not Carsen though because he doesn't have that many coins anymore, if any.  Very simple fix - I will either put a buy order out tomorrow if the price is still low, or I'll buy some ads to drive demand, or both.

9K+ at 52735 Sats and falling down.. Wow.. Wonder where the bottom is..Can you bring some assurance to the marketplace.. So much FUD on the tweet and the a potential lawsuit. Can we have some kind of update please?? It's bleeding too fast!!!

Price has nothing to do with the health of the coin.  That is just speculators trying to make a quick buck - I really don't care.  It will bounce back up once the guy either stops selling his TOR or sells it all and the market demand absorbs it.  I am LONG on TOR, and I only really care about people who are LONG on TOR and believe in the coin for the longterm, in which case the temporary price fluctuation is irrelevant.

As for the Tor Project, their threats are empty. This is a decentralized coin.  There is simply no way to 'sue' a decentralized coin.  It's all just bluff.
Activity: 370
which exchange is that on, C-Cex? I'll take a look.  It's not Carsen though because he doesn't have that many coins anymore, if any.  Very simple fix - I will either put a buy order out tomorrow if the price is still low, or I'll buy some ads to drive demand, or both.

9K+ at 52735 Sats and falling down.. Wow.. Wonder where the bottom is..Can you bring some assurance to the marketplace.. So much FUD on the tweet and the a potential lawsuit. Can we have some kind of update please?? It's bleeding too fast!!!
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Someone is dumping 12k torcoin for 71k satoshi (approx 1usd each)  that could be either carsen or someone whos selling it with big loss..

edit: that sell order is gone now. very strange

That sell order is back at 61k. I never understand sell orders like that. It just scares people and keeps the price down. If I want to sell a lot of something, I always break it up into little chunks and end up selling it for more that way.

It's on c-cex. It's down to 9,732 torcoins for sale at 52,735 sats. I think they just keep moving it down with the price. I'm not worried about it. It's just annoying.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

How is it integrated with TOR itself? What if the TOR network goes down one day?

the TOR network is made up lots of Tor nodes, the only way for it to go down is for all the nodes to go down.

Meanwhile, I would be happy if someone could clarify, please: When I'm running a Torcoin Wallet, am I also automatically running a Tor node, thus helping the Tor network? I'm interested in any insights...

Yes if you are running on this branch here >> https://github.com/TorCoinProject/torcoin/tree/tor

https://github.com/TorCoinProject/torcoin/tree/tor

I haven't merged it with the master branch yet so that people have the option to use Tor or not. Tor may be illegal in some jurisdictions so I figured it is better to let people choose.
Someone is dumping 12k torcoin for 71k satoshi (approx 1usd each)  that could be either carsen or someone whos selling it with big loss..

That sell order is back at 61k. I never understand sell orders like that. It just scares people and keeps the price down. If I want to sell a lot of something, I always break it up into little chunks and end up selling it for more that way.

I wouldn't worry about it - the price will rebound once demand absorbs those coins.  I'll buy some ads on newsbtc and cointelegraph this week to compensate.  Price fluctuations are quite normal - in fact at under $1 it seems like an awesome buying opportunity!
Interesting. Definitely not me, as you can see from my wallets publicly.  If I were to sell any coins at all,  I would make an announcement here requesting a private sale to buy-and-hold investors. I wouldn't dump coins on the open market.

Can't be Carsen as he only has 30k TOR left .. it is somebody else, no idea who.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0

Activity: 560
Merit: 252
Someone is dumping 12k torcoin for 71k satoshi (approx 1usd each)  that could be either carsen or someone whos selling it with big loss..

Activity: 914
Merit: 299
There are a variety of older members who have posted in this forum. I have some Tor, I've also been registered since 2011. Over the years I've had a bit of many coins. I'm optimistic to see where Torcoin can go.  

The thread can hopefully move back to actual discussions about Torcoin. I'd like to point out a good post from trumpman, his first it appears, from earlier this year.

January 25, 2017, 06:12:18 PM
hey !

Just wanted to say hi Smiley I am a new guy in crypto and I just invested some quick bucks in trumpcoin and another coin I have high hopes for. Just wanted to say I see a lot of butt hurt here by chicken and some other guys. I believe this coin can be great, for so many reasons. My guess is these people just try to capitalize by spreading negativity and buy the coin for cheap. But even if this coin is a fraud, so what? Why spam all this sh**t? Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Go Trump!

And as I said I got burned by that coin. And guess what? He was right and I was wrong Wink he made sense but I was in denial like the guys here
Activity: 308
Merit: 290
There are a variety of older members who have posted in this forum. I have some Tor, I've also been registered since 2011. Over the years I've had a bit of many coins. I'm optimistic to see where Torcoin can go.  

The thread can hopefully move back to actual discussions about Torcoin. I'd like to point out a good post from trumpman, his first it appears, from earlier this year.

January 25, 2017, 06:12:18 PM
hey !

Just wanted to say hi Smiley I am a new guy in crypto and I just invested some quick bucks in trumpcoin and another coin I have high hopes for. Just wanted to say I see a lot of butt hurt here by chicken and some other guys. I believe this coin can be great, for so many reasons. My guess is these people just try to capitalize by spreading negativity and buy the coin for cheap. But even if this coin is a fraud, so what? Why spam all this sh**t? Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Go Trump!
Pages:
Jump to: